13»

Replies

• maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ok I will say it..............screw her. :angry:

Ok I feel better.

THAT is how much you love them!!! :love: :heart:

DO NOT let one idiot...........scumbag................dirtscumbag..........make you feel bad. NO do not.

What she said... Except this was the nice version of what I was thinking...

Yep...the first words that came to my mind are an unprintable barrage of expletives towards that idiotic woman. I completely agree with everyone else.
  • mollybieth
    Options
    Wow...that was really rude of that woman...
    She must have some personal problems, but that dosen't make it right to take it out on you.
    You are doing a great thing for yourself AND your family!! You can't be with you kids all the time, and by working out and living a heathier lifestyle you will teach them to do the same.
    Keep up the great work!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Heather, I think I know that person. Was she green and on a broom stick? .....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you see her again, ask her what color her BROOM is--the one she uses to travel to and from the gym!!:noway: :huh:

Carry on with your fitness program and don't let the turkeys get you down!!!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That really sucks.... it's like the flack that women who work often get, too. I have a baby and I also have a son who passed away - believe me, I deeply and tragically know the importance of treasuring the time you have with your children. And I STILL need a bit of "ME" time every day - regardless if it's to better myself (work out, meditate, whatever), or just to read or garden or whatever! We ALL need a little alone time, as others have said, to regroup, to refresh ourselves and come back renewed and feeling our best.

And exercise is not only making your body healthier, it's boosting your mind and emotions too.

That kind of talk is what keeps women down. I have a string of sailor language about that lady that I won't bother typing out...
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    What a moron. You would think you were at the bar 24/7 or something by her reaction. I don't see how you working out is a horrible thing. Every mom needs to take time for themselves so they can be a good mom to their children. And working out and getting and staying in shape is for your family just as much as it's for yourself.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Wowzuhs! BIG DITTO on what previous posted said...That's just so bizarre and random so she's ovbiously got big issues she needs to deal with and she knows not what she did/said b/c if she did, she wouldn't have said it. I think that's a big issue w/people these days...they're so screwed up w/their own issues/guilt that the only way they can deal w/it is by putting someone else down to make them feel better about their situation. I'm really feeling bad for that woman b/c she sounds really lost. You, on the otherhand, well...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, MAMA! Such and accomplishment and such a great role model to your family!!! You're on the right track! Don't let anyone else try to derail you just b/c they have issues.

Sending you TONS of warm, happy, positive, WTG thoughts, Mama! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    What a shame, but hoping you know that what you are doing IS for your kids. Don't let her negativity drag you down. Say a little prayer for her as she is obviously dealing with some guilt issues of her own. Hugs those "babies" of yours and love 'em up and be thankful that your health is improving so that you are going to better able to play with them! ENJOY your time at the gym as well and keep them in your thoughts as you are pushing yourself to compete a routine.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just wan to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for the fantastic support! This is a great site and all of the people I have come across are so wonderful. It is Nice to connect with people who are going through all of the things that I am going through!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Okay, so what if you DID workout every evening to get away from the kids?

I know that If I had spent every waking moment with the 3 I have I probably would have gone insane!

I love them and enjoy the time spent with them but EVERY mom needs some down time.

This is FOR SURE!!! I teach high school and if I were the mother of some of my students I would be at the gym daily just to get a break!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is so rude! I am glad that you know better than to listen but I'm sure it still left you feeling a bit rubbish :(

For what it's worth, aside from actually being around to see your kids grow up, I think kids respect parents more when they make an effort to take care of themselves and set a good example for them.

You've had a fantastic loss already, keep up the great work :)