Options
123457»

Replies

• meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    why not eat less arditarose?

who flagged this?She was asking a question.

not me! i have no idea what arditarose is though...

It's me...You were asking a question. I think it was before you learned how to use the quote option.

By the way, weigh your PB2 and such. Those calories are for grams.

lol, sorry! the PB2 info is right, it's 45 cals for 2tbsp
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    why not eat less arditarose?

who flagged this?She was asking a question.

not me! i have no idea what arditarose is though...

It's me...You were asking a question. I think it was before you learned how to use the quote option.

By the way, weigh your PB2 and such. Those calories are for grams.

lol, sorry! the PB2 info is right, it's 45 cals for 2tbsp

Sorry, still should be weighed.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You were weighing EVERYTHING on the food scale? Measuring all caloric liquids? Were you checking that you were selecting the correct data base entries? Verify all of them with either product packaging or the USDA website or nutritiondata.self.com.

Because the thing is, you should have been losing on your intake, given your stats.

I do weigh everything on the scale or with measuring spoons (for the PB2 etc), i don't drink anything other than water. it looks like i don't measure everything according to my entries (please disregard yesterday it was a *kitten* show), but i put in the number of servings to equal the amount that i weigh out calorically. (ex my yogurt i weigh out in grams but can't find a good by the gram entry so i chose the oz entry and just upped the # of servings until it equalled out to the same amount of calories).
    that's why i'm so frustrated :( from all the stupid calculators i've done online they SAY i should be losing but it's just not happening.

Okay, I do the same with my yogurt... I weigh it and then use the cup entry.

Do weigh your PB2, the spoon measurement is deceptive. Trust me. I eat it too. I doubt that's been the reason for your lack of progress, though.

Regarding your frustration, this is why I suggested trying just the flat 1400 calories without eating exercise calories back. To see if the scale moved at all. Just to have data from a period where there was no question about how accurate your burn calculations were or anything like that.

• meghanduprey
    Options
    You were weighing EVERYTHING on the food scale? Measuring all caloric liquids? Were you checking that you were selecting the correct data base entries? Verify all of them with either product packaging or the USDA website or nutritiondata.self.com.

Because the thing is, you should have been losing on your intake, given your stats.

I do weigh everything on the scale or with measuring spoons (for the PB2 etc), i don't drink anything other than water. it looks like i don't measure everything according to my entries (please disregard yesterday it was a *kitten* show), but i put in the number of servings to equal the amount that i weigh out calorically. (ex my yogurt i weigh out in grams but can't find a good by the gram entry so i chose the oz entry and just upped the # of servings until it equalled out to the same amount of calories).
    that's why i'm so frustrated :( from all the stupid calculators i've done online they SAY i should be losing but it's just not happening.

Do weigh your PB2, the spoon measurement is deceptive. Trust me. I eat it too. I doubt that's been the reason for your lack of progress, though.

Regarding your frustration, this is why I suggested trying just the flat 1400 calories without eating exercise calories back. To see if the scale moved at all. Just to have data from a period where there was no question about how accurate your burn calculations were or anything like that.

i wish they had a gram option for the yogurt :/ i see what you are saying about the exercise calories. i will try not eating them for a few weeks to see what happens. one less moving cog
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

i wish they had a gram option for the yogurt :/ i see what you are saying about the exercise calories. i will try not eating them for a few weeks to see what happens. one less moving cog

It will also be helpful info for your doctor, too. It's a good bit below what you should need to eat to create a deficit. It will give him some insight into what you've been facing.

You can print out your logs and bring them with you to your appointment.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    In the last week you were over your calories almost every day, by a lot.....And burning 710 caloies with one class? Maybe you should actually stick to 1600 for longer than a couple of days.....
  • meghanduprey
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    In the last week you were over your calories almost every day, by a lot.....And burning 710 caloies with one class? Maybe you should actually stick to 1600 for longer than a couple of days.....

I'm not sure what you're looking at... the last two days i was over but before that i was either on or under but 100-200. and the class burns for step class were about 400, the rest of the calories burned were coming from my fitbit. so they were probably adding up to about 700 for the whole day. not for one class.
    unless you're saying i am going over based on me not eating the exercise calories i'm not sure what you're talking about....
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options

You can create your own entry for the brand of yoghurt you use. Use the label, and use grams when you create it. You can choose whether or not to let it be searchable in the database. (Make SURE there are no usable ones already in there that you've overlooked, and that you enter all the info, completely and correctly, before listing.)

To make weighing PB easy, just weigh your toast or whatever first, then spread your PB and weigh it again. No solids should be measured in cups or tbls or anything unless you have no scale, or have ascertained through testing that the calories for a certain item come out the same either way, consistently. EVEN if the label gives it. And usually, they'll give something like this: "240 cal for 3/4 cup (175g)" which makes it seem like 3/4 cup = 175 g... but it may not. So go by grams.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

You didn't read her diary correctly. You needed to average her intake over a week.

She did indeed average 1600 calories a day.

• PeachyCarol
    Options

I'm not sure what you're looking at... the last two days i was over but before that i was either on or under but 100-200. and the class burns for step class were about 400, the rest of the calories burned were coming from my fitbit. so they were probably adding up to about 700 for the whole day. not for one class.
    unless you're saying i am going over based on me not eating the exercise calories i'm not sure what you're talking about....

You're fine, the other poster rushed to judgement. Anyone who took the time to look at your weekly intake saw that your calories did indeed average out to what you said.

It is quite normal for people to look at their deficit on a weekly basis instead of as a day-to-day thing.

• meghanduprey
    Options

You're fine, the other poster rushed to judgement. Anyone who took the time to look at your weekly intake saw that your calories did indeed average out to what you said.

It is quite normal for people to look at their deficit on a weekly basis instead of as a day-to-day thing.

thank you :)

I just finished for the day and am at 1455 cals. went over for protein and carbs but under for fat. still have 6 cartons of fat free yogurt to go through before i can buy 2% though. I made sure i measured everything, down to the 2tbsp of soy sauce on my rice noodles. i think i did pretty well. did my step class too :)
  • meghanduprey
    Options

I just finished for the day and am at 1455 cals. went over for protein and carbs but under for fat. still have 6 cartons of fat free yogurt to go through before i can buy 2% though. I made sure i measured everything, down to the 2tbsp of soy sauce on my rice noodles. i think i did pretty well. did my step class too :)

Oh- didn't eat the workout calories back!
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Don't worry too much about your macros. I always try to hit my protein and fat and don't worry too much about my carbs. Protein because I do resistance training and fat because it helps me feel full.

Good for measuring everything! It really is the only way to be absolutely sure you're eating what you think you are.

• prettylolita
    prettylolita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think it will really depend on your body. When I was that heavy eating 1600 and doing nothing I still maintained my weight. Not until I ate 1200 I was weight loss. So it depends.