30 Day shred Friends :)

Options
Hey, I am looking for some people to talk to while I am on my 30 day shred journey.
Friends always make things better :)

I will start this off with, Today was my DAY ONE :)

Starting weight- 174.4

Height- 5'1

Thighs- 25"

Calves- 15.5"

Hips- 44"

Waist- 36.5"

Bust- 40"

Arms- 13"

I woke up at 6:30 this morning to start my work out. As much as I just wanted to stay in bed, I did it :). At first I wasn't sore. Now at 4 hours later I am feeling it a little.

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This is day 8 for me. Still doing level 1. I am kind of unsure of when to move up and /or rest. Pulled a calf muscle pretty bad on day 4 but continued to do it, just substituted different cardio for the butt kicks. I am really liking it and anxious to advance to Level 2 I can feel myself getting stronger and believe that inches will disappear.

Age - 52
    Starting weight-164
    Height - 5'4"
    Thighs - 21.5
    Hips - 39.25
    Waist - 36
    Arms - 12.5
    Back(above the boobies) - 37
    Abs - 39.25

It is my evening workout. I use the elliptical or Bowflex each morning briefly.
  • lunabelle33
    Options
    This is day 8 for me. Still doing level 1. I am kind of unsure of when to move up and /or rest. Pulled a calf muscle pretty bad on day 4 but continued to do it, just substituted different cardio for the butt kicks. I am really liking it and anxious to advance to Level 2 I can feel myself getting stronger and believe that inches will disappear.

Age - 52
    Starting weight-164
    Height - 5'4"
    Thighs - 21.5
    Hips - 39.25
    Waist - 36
    Arms - 12.5
    Back(above the boobies) - 37
    Abs - 39.25

It is my evening workout. I use the elliptical or Bowflex each morning briefly.

Thats awesome, I am just doing the shred right now, before I add anything else/
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i'm day 1 also. I actually enjoyed it!
  • lunabelle33
    Options
    Yeah, same here. I thought it was going to be a lot worse then what it was, Then again I was still half asleep when I was doing it ahaha.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey-
    I just started today as well. I also run and like to do other cardio at the gym, so not sure if I will do it every day. I ran 3 miles today right before I did the workout and it was REALLY hard!

Age - 43
    Starting weight-190
    Height - 5'7"
    Thighs - 25
    Hips - 43
    Waist (@bellybutton)- 35
    Torso (@narrowest)- 31
    Arms - 13
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i'll be doing day 6 soon :) Add me if you would like! :) I have some friends added from another post about the shred but more friends would be even better to remind me to stick to it! :D I am close to my goal weight, but not my goal body so hoping the shred will help tone up and lose some inches!

SW: 165
    CW: 128 (this is my SW for the shred)
    GW: 125

I'm moving in 2 months back to a city I used to live in and hoping to surprise all my old friends with my new body! :D
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've done day 1 so far. My stats:

SW - 250
    Height - 5'6"
    Thigh - 30
    Calves - 18.5
    Hips - 53.25
    Waist (belly button) - 49.25
    Bust - 50.5
    Arms - 15.75
    Torso (narrowest) - 44
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I woke up pretty sore this morning--especially my abs! However, I won't let that deter me--going to do day 2 today!
  • maddysmiles
    Options
    Hi! I just finished Day 1 and am super excited about it...and also really tired :wink: But I'm not quitting!

My measurements are:

Age - 28
    Starting weight-217
    Height - 5'6"
    Thighs – 27.16
    Hips – 48.8
    Waist (@bellybutton)- 45.66
    Torso (@narrowest)- 40.14
    Bust – 46.66
    Arms – 13.77

Good luck everyone!
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ooo I'm really thinking about trying the 30 day shred once I hit maintenance. I'll be really interested to see how you all are finding it.

Question to all those starting - are you quite fit already? Do you currently exercise or are you starting afresh with 30DS?

I ask because I worry about how my unused muscles will cope, and how punishing it is for a beginner...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou: Just finished day 2 and even though I was abot sore, it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. It certainly helps that it's only 20 minutes! :laugh:
    Ooo I'm really thinking about trying the 30 day shred once I hit maintenance. I'll be really interested to see how you all are finding it.

Question to all those starting - are you quite fit already? Do you currently exercise or are you starting afresh with 30DS?

I ask because I worry about how my unused muscles will cope, and how punishing it is for a beginner...

I wouldn't call myself "quite fit" but I have been running for about 2 years. I am pretty slow--run a 5k in about 35 minutes. I also use the stationary bike, elliptical and occasionally arc trainer and stairmaster at my gym. I do some sporadic lifting (mostly machines, but some free weights) and try to do core work such as planks, push ups, and crunches at home. The problem is, I LOVE the cardio and always skip the strength and core work. 30 DS forces me to do it which I like.

I'm a bit sore and could already do army style push ups and planks, so I would think it would be even harder if I had no prior exercise.
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 this morning. Felt better doing it today.......bring on day 3! :)
  • JoLo27
    JoLo27 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a go. I've got the DVD but I haven't taken the wrapper off yet. Is there anyone here who's done it from a 'standing start' i.e. totally out of condition?

Also, I'm recovering from a frozen shoulder, so I have limited movement in my right arm / shoulder. I'd love to hear from anyone who's had this problem and can give me some tips!!

Thanks!
  • liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm hopefully starting this tomorrow, looking forward to it and hoping to get some good results. I'm so lazy though - but hopefully I'll be able to bring myself to do it if its only 20 or so mins! How do you do it, 10 days on level 1, 10 days on level 2 and so on?
  • niquerester
    Options
    I finished 30DS L1 Day 5 this morning and actually felt good enough to do most of Killer Buns and Thighs this evening! Day 2 and 3 were the worst for me. I still have trouble getting through the jumping jack and jump rope circuits. I'm getting better at pushups even though they're still modified. At least I'm going down all the way! Lol! Other than being a mom I am or wasn't very active. I find the last couple of days me asking the kids if they want to jump on the trampoline or ride bikes! Way more energy than normal.
    31 years old
    160 lbs.
    5'7"
    Goal: 130 lbs.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Today is Day 2 for me. Haven't done any measurements as of yet, I'll do that in the morning!

Starting weight- 214

Height- 5'8"

How are you tracking the exercise in your diary? I've been picking Aerobics high impact. I know I need an HRM.
  • niquerester
    Options
    My sore spots were my arms and calves. I wish it would have been my abs. Sometimes I don't think I do the crunches and other ab exercises the correct way.
  • niquerester
    Options
    In another post someone said they logged it as circuit training. I'm not sure how accurate that is but, that's what I've been logging. I would like to get some type of HRM to be more accurate.