30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• gracetinixoxo
    gracetinixoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 9. I am so looking forward to finishing up level 1 tomorrow. Tuesday I will rest, and Wednesday I will start level 2!!
    I am kicking a lot of *kitten* this time around and I will finish this strong!

Good luck friends!!
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 10 is today. I'll start level 2 tomorrow. And I'll measure again tomorrow, too.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    In another post someone said they logged it as circuit training. I'm not sure how accurate that is but, that's what I've been logging. I would like to get some type of HRM to be more accurate.

Thanks!!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I rested Saturday, will finish Level 1 tomorrow and start Level 2 on Tuesday. I think it would be tough with a less than perfect shoulder. My neck and shoulders are what gets sore. I am using an HRM and my burn varies between 105 and 140 for the workout and cooldown. Not a big burn but an honest one and I do feel it is working my body!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 2 and I got further on the bicycle at the end then ever before! :bigsmile: I've always had to stop and start through out it in the past. This time I was able to do them until the last 5 seconds.

My biggest problems are the jumping jacks and jump ropes...not because of the cardio, but they are not moves for us "big chested" girls. I did pay quite a bit of money for a "good" sports bra, but still not very good support.

For those of you who are wondering about being able to do this when you are out of shape...yes, you can. I've done Level 1 of 30DS before as a filler when I couldn't go to the gym (probably a total of 20 days over a 2 month period). My sister has the actual DVDs and says that if you have to take a break during anything, go ahead, but don't "rest" for more than 5 seconds at a time. I started this "journey" at about 275 pounds and was able to do it with some rests. Tonight, I was able to do almost all of it without any rests (except the bicycle at the end :cry: ). My suggestion....go for it!!! I know when I did it before I felt stronger. This time I'm going to do the whole program (5 days a week, 2 rest days as suggested by Jillian herself).
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi starting 30DShred tomorrow and I'm looking to follow the program along with other people doing it for moral support. Anybody on fitocracy?
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow busty! LOL thanks for the heads up. I'll prolly sub those jumping excersices with something else I hate al the jumping around it's really not neighbor friendly when you live on a second floor and work out early in the morning.
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Hi fellow busty! LOL thanks for the heads up. I'll prolly sub those jumping excersices with something else I hate al the jumping around it's really not neighbor friendly when you live on a second floor and work out early in the morning.

As someone who works from home and lives on the first floor...I thank you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Equi_nuts
    Equi_nuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am doing this shred too!

I started this morning so if you fancy buddying up to stay motivated that would be fab.
  • Equi_nuts
    Equi_nuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to add me to support and get support Id love it.

Thanks.

I am also on a bit of a harsh diet for two weeks- I used to do it working at a race yard. I have forgotten how much I hate grapefruit!
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3, my arms and legs are sore today.
  • gabbylab
    Options
    Day 3 completed followed by a 20 min walk! Really feeling it in the thighs, arms and abs. Love that burn!

edited to add that I can't find my measuring tape, that's my goal for today :)
  • gabbylab
    Options

HA! I do get the jumping jacks in but don't follow up with the jump rope routine, I just kind of jog that one out :tongue:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good morning shred friends! Today is my rest day from 30DS, but I wanted to check in anyways.

@JoLo--I agree with Judykat that it would be difficult to do 30DS with a shoulder injury. My shoulders are really sore after the first 2 days.

@gabby and others discussing logging--I use "circuit training" as well and it matches up very close to my HRM readings. Those of you without HRM's be aware that they only work accurately as calorie counters for cardio activities. Since 30DS is a mix of cardio and strength, the HRM reading of calories burned is really just a guess (as is MFPs calculator). I guess my point is that you shouldn't worry too much about not having one.

@niquerester--I can do unmodified (army style) push ups, but I still have to modify for the 2nd set. As far as the crunches go, the trick is to just focus on contracting your abs as you pull up--don't pull with your arms or neck. Also, you don't need to come very far off the ground--small movements work wonders. Finally, I agree my calves are really sore which surprised me b/c I'm a runner--I guess it's from all of the jumping?

@liddie--I'm using the youtube version, but yes I believe it's 10 days for each level.

@tracy--thanks for the info about taking 2 rest days/week. I was planning to do so, but thought I was "cheating"--it's good to hear Jillian recommends it!
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 10 for me. Probably start level 2 tonight. If anyone wants to add me, go ahead. Everyone including me will need some motivation and encouragement at some point.:smile:
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i will be doing my day 2 of 30DS tonight!! Feel free to add me :) i havent done my measurments but i will tonight
  • gabbylab
    Options
    @gabby and others discussing logging--I use "circuit training" as well and it matches up very close to my HRM readings. Those of you without HRM's be aware that they only work accurately as calorie counters for cardio activities. Since 30DS is a mix of cardio and strength, the HRM reading of calories burned is really just a guess (as is MFPs calculator). I guess my point is that you shouldn't worry too much about not having one.

Day 4 level 1 complete! Thanks for the above advice.
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Well I learned that the new Water Fit aerobics class at my Y demands more from my body than the old one did. I was suppose to do 30DS after it last night and my muscles just couldn't do it. So I went to bed instead. :embarassed: My plan is to do a 30DS today over my lunch and then do it again tonight. That will catch me up with Day 3 and Day 4. Well, I guess now I know. :tongue:
  • katmcq29
    katmcq29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am re-starting 30 DS tonight after work. This will be the 2nd time I have done it as I did it around christmas and joint with extra gym sessions along side the 30 DS I lost about a stone... I went on holiday in March and slipped back into my old ways so re-starting again :)
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 last night. I'm a little sore: particularly my booty and shoulders. I was surprised by this as I do squats and rows pretty regularly. My starting stats (as of this morning) are:

SW: 145
    Height: 5'6"
    Thigh: 21"
    Calves: 12.5"
    Hips: 37"
    Waist (at belly button): 34"
    Bust: 36"
    Arms (flexed): 11.5"
    Torso (narrowest part): 29"

What weight of dumbbells are you guys using? I started with 8 lbs, but found I had to use 5 lbs for some of the sequences. I usually lift with 15lbs.