30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kim--I run and go to the gym in addition to 30DS, and I try to use the 30DS rest days to go for a longer run, or hit the cardio machines at the gym. I think it's a good idea to do something else if your body feels like it's shutting down from no exercise--a nice brisk walk would be great.

@meliss--welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • bjtp
    bjtp Posts: 3
    Options
    L1D2 today for me. I did 30DS before and didn't get much of a result (as I have too much fat over my muscles to see any change! lol), other than being able to do some actual proper push-ups by the end of it! Back to having to to the modified ones this time around. I am also attempting the C25K at the same time and trying to eat as clean as possible. Have hidden my scales this time around as I think they demotivate me, as I don't seem to lose much, if any weight when exercising, so I'm going to go by the fit of my clothes.
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5173b6e6-f6d1-4702-9040-037be9a7dce6_zps379c1469.jpg

My results after 1 week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kim--can already see some difference in your pics! Keep going!! :drinker:

@bjtp--welcome! :flowerforyou: I agree that the fit of your clothes is the best measure. Scales go up and down daily and it's so easy to measure incorrectly, but the waistband doesn't lie. :laugh:

AFM--I did L2D7 yesterday and feeling a bit stronger with the plank-jacks. Today I'm feeling pretty sore through my core after 3 days in a row. It will be a true rest day for me--nothing but a walk with my dog and some yard work.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!
  • ksnel3
    Options
    Last day of level 1 for me today! Woohoo! Close to being halfway done now! Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hey guys!

I forgot to check in yesterday, butt I just finished L2D9--one more day and then I'm on to level 3! :noway:

During L1 my right shoulder was hurting a bit--I worked through it with some modifications and it was fine. Yesterday my left shoulder was hurting--I decided to try to work through it again and hope that was the right decision. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.
  • ksnel3
    Options
    Started level 2 today...wow! Much more intense than level 1! I

Skinnyjeanz- Congrats on nearing level 3!! Towards the end of level 1 I could tell my shoulders were starting to hurt. It's almost like I can feel them crackling? Tried to really watch it on level 2 today.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm on day 17 today, great to see all the success with it!! Anyone feel free to add me. Would be nice to have some 'shred' fans on my FL!
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i love the 30 day shred! even though i have yet to make it past level 1 haha i started it in january shortly before finding out i was pregnant with #3 and i kept at it until i got too sick to do anything. then a couple months ago i started again, and i love how fast you see results, mainly in the legs for me, also can't walk for the first week but thats fine haha i stopped again, this pregnancy is kicking my butt, plus my 3 year old had soccer and swimming all week so we were busy but now that i'm starting to feel better again i'm going to start up again...maybe i'll get farther than level 1 :) i've heard level 2 is the worst
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ooo I'm really thinking about trying the 30 day shred once I hit maintenance. I'll be really interested to see how you all are finding it.

Question to all those starting - are you quite fit already? Do you currently exercise or are you starting afresh with 30DS?

I ask because I worry about how my unused muscles will cope, and how punishing it is for a beginner...
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the 30 Day Shred once I get home. As far as fitness is concerned, right now I
    walk a lot and have been swimming as much as I can. But for the most part, walking is what I do most.
    Also, I am extremely dedicated to logging EVERYTHING I eat, and drink water all the time. Once I get home
    I'll get my measurements done and try to post them HERE...lol...
  • weimawhat
    weimawhat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 days a year and a half ago and got amazing results even while modifying some of the moves. I have been doing it 1 to 2 times a week this summer due to other summer commitments. I guess its time to put in some "me" time again. (We had a litter of 8 Weimaraner puppies). This is a great support group.
  • domichula
    domichula Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first day! I am officially on my first week after trying and failing since January 2nd. Good luck to you! Hope you stay motivated!
  • mrskellit
    mrskellit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started the Shred 5 days ago. Hoooboy was I sore the first few days, but I'm feeling good now! My 8 year old said it looks like it's working. He is probably just blowing smoke up my butt, but it sure feels good to hear! heh.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys-
    I finished L2 today and just watched L3. I'm pretty sure I will need lighter weights. I only have 5lb weights and I won't be able to do that cardio with weights that heavy. :ohwell:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I bought this dvd a few years ago and never got past L1.

On the 1st of this month I decided to try it again since I'm in great physical shape and I am already getting great results. My better half commented on how strong my legs have become and how tighter my sides (core) have been getting. I have not changed my diet or my other workouts at all.

I am not weighing myself, but I know I have lost inches in my waist since I had to move down a notch in my belt and my arms/biceps seem more firmer as well!

Level 1 was easy for me so I skipped to level 2 and have been doing that all week. My plan is to do L2 for 15 days and L3 for 15 days then move on to Ripped in 30.

I follow Natalie and the only adjustment I had to make doing my own standing ab exercises and modifying most of the planks by doing them on a desk opposed to the floor. My blood pressure has been low lately and moving quickly from standing up to laying on the floor was making me lightheaded.

I;m looking forward to seeing where the rest of the month takes me!!!!
  • ksnel3
    Options
    L2D2 today! I haaaate level 2! So much up and down. Lol But I did the plank jacks today instead of the modified version and LOVED them!
  • tokimaromi
    tokimaromi Posts: 14
    Options
    i just started yesterday (technically it's after midnight here now haha) and i think i did okay. i am definitely out of shape but i know if i keep at it, my stamina will get better. here's to day 2 later on today!
  • TheCrazyCatGirl
    Options
    I am starting LEVEL 2 of the 30DS today. Level 1 did wonders for me but after a while it gets kinda boring so I can't wait to start level 2 today!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30DS yesterday morning. I did 9 days of level 1, 11 days of level 2 and 10 days of level 3. I did really like it! I updated my weight and measurements on an earlier post here, June 30th, even though I had some days left of level 3. I feel so much better having completed it! Didn't drop a lot of weight or inches where I measure but I know that everything is tighter and I am stronger. Hang in there guys. If you think you are bored or it is too easy-just give it a little more. Knees higher, go faster, perfect your form... I think the opportunity is there with this workout that you won't "outgrow" it. I am going to do a Jackie Warner 30 day QuickStart now and then do the 30DS again. Thanks to all of you that are supporting this post-it has been a great month.