Out of breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ah yes breakfast... Let's see

chocolate flax muffin
    Cinnamon flax muffin ( add raisins or apples if you want)
    Flax pancakes with sugarfree syrups
    Eggwhite omelet with diced seasoned chicken breast and shredded cheese

JisatsuHoshi - can you come cook for me? PLEASE?!?! how do you make your chocolate & cinnamon flax muffins? they sound divine! and i have some organic ground flax....

This thread is making me hungrier than I already was (i'm stuck in a hotel room right now with no food options but junk food hubby and i took from the continental breakfast this morning to have - in case of emergency (yes, it's free, but doesn't mean you HAVE to eat it! :))...and i really don't want to eat a muffin or donut or chocolate chip cookie!! LOL
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic.

Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • meeesh87
    meeesh87 Posts: 5
    Options
    1- tsp honey
    2- boiled eggs
    3- any veggies that you desire

or

sweet potatoes cubes with scrambled eggs
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Cut the crust off 6 slices of your bread of choice, spray a 6 cup muffin tin and use the bread to line the cups. Half fill them with chopped ham, spinach, mushroom, corn, roasted capsicum... whatever floats your boat. Crack an egg into each of them (dont break the yolk unless you prefer them that way), top with some grated parmesan and oven bake until the egg is set.

They are tasty, portable, good hot or cold, easily reheatable and easy to make in different varieties.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites
    1 slice cheese
    1 morning star vegan sausage patty
    sprinkle of maple w or w/o sugar

made as an omelet!

eat it everyday!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Porridge forever!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This morning my mum and I had scrambled egg with dill, smoked salmon, toast, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach. Yummmmm!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with diced apple and toasted/dry roasted sesame seeds. I just finished mine for the morning! I make up a batch ahead of time and just heat it up.
  • zazielascaux
    zazielascaux Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Totally agree it doesn't have to be breakfast food. I cook double for dinner the night before and have leftovers.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have steel cut oats, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1 tsp. cinnamon and a strawberry sliced added..every morning. 211 calories and so filling. Lots of great ideas to change it up a little..thanks everyone
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I like to have salad for breakfast. It usually consists of 4 boiled egg whites (70 cal)(with some seasoning ~15), a bowl of lettuce (30 cal), some carrot, tomato (30 cal) and boiled pumpkin (30 cal).
    = 170 cals max.

I get quite anxious in the mornings and I find having something to dig into that is low calorie and filling up into lunch quite beneficial. I can than have a bigger lunch and enjoy it more.
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1-2 tbs grass fed butter, 1-2tbs MCT oil, coffee. Blend with a handheld blender. Trader Joe's no nitrate chicken sausage with mushrooms and onions mixed up and heated in a pan. Yummy breakfast.
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    Proper homemade Swiss muesli

Soak 2 tbsps oats or oatbran with half a grated apple in a tupperware box overnight.

Next morning add to fruit berry compote, choice of nuts for crunch and organic natural yoghurt.

I make a tupperware box of compote for a week using 3 bags of frozen berries and Stevia to sweeten as it has zero calories. I make another box of oatbran for the week. Its so delicious and sometimes use the compote for pudding after dinner if I have nothing to hand.

I also have a huge pan of Bramley apples stewing at the moment sweetened with stevia to last the week.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I make 1/2 C old fashioned oats using 1 & 3/4 C water,1Tbl chopped walnuts. Pour in a bowl steaming hot,sprinkle with 1 tsp mixed cinnamon & sugar.Let stand at least 15-20 mins.It forms almost a crust on top as it cools.So yummy!
    I mix my own sugar/cinnamon mix,cause lots of cinnamon adds so much flavor. 250 cals
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My weekday breakfast which I eat at the office is oatmeal plain made with water, with flax seed for extra fiber, 1/2 a cut up apple in small chunks, cinnamon for flavor, I also eat the other 1/2 of apple and a cup of green tea caffeine in morning to get going. This whole meal is just over 200 calories jam packed with fiber lots of antioxidants, sugar from the apple gives a good burst of energy and the carbs in the oatmeal fuels me until lunch and who doesn't like the smell of cinnamon in the morning (reminds me of cinnamon rolls but much less calories).

Oatmeal has also a added benefit of lowering cholesterol levels. Reference http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002

On the weekend I love my eggs and bacon toast and a fruit but I will also throw in some french toast, pancakes, and on rare occasions a fruit smoothie
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Since you're not big on breakfast try eating non-breakfast food in the morning.
    I've had 1/4 cup of homemade re fried beans on a small tortilla the last couple of days.
  • aas1277
    aas1277 Posts: 67
    Options
    Sometimes I just have my protein shake and then chop up 3 strawberries, 1/2 banana and 1/4 c blueberries in a bowl and eat that after I drink my shake....it's good for dessert too.....
  • Captnjac
    Captnjac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Banannas Pancakes
    1 ripe Bananna , cup skin milk, tsp vanilla,
    put it all in a blender, beat it. pour some into a spayed non stick pan. after a minute or so turn over. Easy
  • kem2070
    kem2070 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fresh berries cut and thrown in. It is low calorie and helps lower cholesterol (I have been eating this every weekday morning for a year and my total cholesterol has gone from 197 to 111.)
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats.... Once cooked, toss in a yogurt for flavor! Taste much better than it sounds :smile: