Out of breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Cut the crust off 6 slices of your bread of choice, spray a 6 cup muffin tin and use the bread to line the cups. Half fill them with chopped ham, spinach, mushroom, corn, roasted capsicum... whatever floats your boat. Crack an egg into each of them (dont break the yolk unless you prefer them that way), top with some grated parmesan and oven bake until the egg is set.

They are tasty, portable, good hot or cold, easily reheatable and easy to make in different varieties.
    This sounds really good--I'm definitely going to try!
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could eat fried food in the morning even if I forced myself. Oatmeal with vanilla rice milk, and sometimes I add bits of dark chocolate. Best thing in the world. Then a little later I have some fruit or soy yogurt.
  • lenatilde
    lenatilde Posts: 18
    Options
    Miso paste in some boiling water, lemon zest, fresh ginger root, bok choy, half a packet of udon noodles (and sometimes add about 1/4 block of tofu).

Mmm... I have this for dinner too at the moment, with some thinly sliced white fish added as well as extra veg like courgette and red capsicum.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    How about- scrambled egg with a bunch of spinach sauteed and a bit of feta cheese rolled into a small tortilla or an english muffin.

Cottage cheese or plain yogurt with some sort of fruit is one of my favorite too.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever discovered about breakfast is that it's just whatever food you eat after not eating over night (i'e: breaking your fast). It does not have to be "breakfast food".

It could be cheese, crackers and a few raw carrot sticks, or a plate of leftover salad with a chunk of fish or chicken on top. Or a cup of lentil soup. Or a small baked potato (microwaved) with salsa and cottage cheese. Or a ham sandwich. I like leftover potato and egg salad. Whatever is A) available, B) appealing to you, and C) not a total calorie or fat bomb, is fair game. For best results, include some protein food.....

Free yourself from the tyranny of breakfast foods....... LOL

I was going to say pretty much the same as this. I am not a huge breakfast food fan but in order to eat, sometimes you just have to eat.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Cut the crust off 6 slices of your bread of choice, spray a 6 cup muffin tin and use the bread to line the cups. Half fill them with chopped ham, spinach, mushroom, corn, roasted capsicum... whatever floats your boat. Crack an egg into each of them (dont break the yolk unless you prefer them that way), top with some grated parmesan and oven bake until the egg is set.

They are tasty, portable, good hot or cold, easily reheatable and easy to make in different varieties.

omg this sounds soooo good. what temp do you cook at ?
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Banannas Pancakes
    1 ripe Bananna , cup skin milk, tsp vanilla,
    put it all in a blender, beat it. pour some into a spayed non stick pan. after a minute or so turn over. Easy

this is also good and I have reheated the next day no problems
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg, a sausage (cooked, and cut up or crumbled) a slice of cheese (I like the Kraft Cracker Barrel Swiss slices) rolled into a spinach tortilla and grilled on a panini press.
    Great after a workout, and keeps me full for a long time.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    tomorrow oats (or some call them over night oats) 1/2 cup oats, 1 container of dannon light n fit greek yogurt (any flavor) and half a cup of water, mix in a closeable container, let sit overnight, and enjoy a yummy nutritious breakfast the next morning :) serve with your fav fruit if you'd like :) A variation is to make it with milk instead of water... without milk its 230 calories :) Sorry no pic for this one :(

Strawberries n cream french toast

Number of servings: 3 calories per serving: 223

Ingredients
    Philadelphia - Cream Cheese, Whipped, 4 tbsp
    dannon light n fit greek yogurt (Strawberry or vanilla), 6 oz
    Strawberries - Raw, 6 small (1" dia)
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 2 large
    Nature's Own - 100% Whole Wheat Bread 6 Slices

whole wheat bread dipped in an egg and low fat milk (add cinnamon in this part if you like), fry in pam, slice up some strawberries place one piece of french toast on the plate, mix cream cheese and dannon light n fit vanilla or strawberry greek yogurt and put on the bottom piece spread with sliced strawberries, top with 2nd piece of french toast, slice in half to make 2 triangles :) best french toast ever and only 223 cals :)

Total: 670
    Per Serving: 223

f65176b6-d905-44e0-95eb-53736399978f.jpg
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One of my favs is a toasted multi grain English muffin with a large poached egg, 2 slices of prosciutto, and 2 tbsp of mashed avocado.

Omg, I believe this just might become my new fave! Thank you!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Granola with fresh berries and Almond milk when I'm working. Usually eggs if I'm at home.
  • misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like chorico and egg and a slice of toast, or a bagel and cream cheese
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got this little breakfast sandwich maker for my birthday in April. You can make a healthier version of a McMuffin type sandwich at home.
    Takes 4 minutes to cook.
    Lately I use a multigrain english muffin, turkey bacon, thin sliced provolone cheese, and a whole egg. Under 300 calories, inexpensive, and you can make any number of changes to it. You could use just liquid egg whites, you could skip the meat and add veggies. One day I added a dollop of mango salsa and a couple shots of tabasco sauce. Yummm
    http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-dark-gray-breakfast-sandwich-maker/-/A-14437927?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|14437927&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=14437927&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14437927
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with diced apple and toasted/dry roasted sesame seeds. I just finished mine for the morning! I make up a batch ahead of time and just heat it up.

I make mine in a rice cooker, soaked the night before with 1 cup raisins, in the morning I add a diced apple. Hit the button to cook and its ready in 20 minutes, makes 4 servings I eat throughout the week. Simple and good for you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER TOAST
    BREAKFAST BURRITO
    CEREAL
    FRUIT
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    YOGURT
    PRETZELS
  • misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another option is cream of wheat or oat meal and add in some jam or preservatives to flavor it up in place of higher calorie options. Maybe a banana on the side.
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am on a high protein diet. I usually drink a protein shake, you can get them about anywhere, I buy mine at GNC. You could also have Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese with melba toast. Quaker has this Weight Control oatmeal in individual packets that is good as well.

I have to change things up or I get bored. Good luck!
  • PDNicholson
    Options
    A salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, raisins and a little feta cheese brightens my mornings.:love:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I stole this idea from the Mother of All Cottage Cheese threads and eat it almost every single day for breakfast:

1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
    a whole bunch of cinnamon
    2 packets of splenda

Good protein and carbs, not too many calories. Yum!