What do you wish you had known..

Options

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    ...before your started your journey? What one piece of advice would have made things easier for you?

Don't ask people on MFP for advice or their opinions, 99% are internet know it all's who just take what they want from blog posts and think it's scientific fact.
  • koolaidsmile79
    koolaidsmile79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To lose weight and keep it off is not a diet, it's a life style change. You don't really quit when you reach your goal... which may be discouraging to think about for some, but once you change your lifestyle it makes it easier to not look back.
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day is a lot of food. I do love my small meals and snacks.
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1Cor1510 wrote: »
    It's not a diet, it's your life. Life sucks when you don't want to do things because you're self conscious. Life's awesome when you're not. Do what you have to do to get to awesome.

This!!!!!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I wish I had known that the portion sizes I was eating before really were triple what I should have been eating.. Still can't get used to a 3/4 cup of Dark Chocolate Cheerios really is that small... LOL

Dark Chocolate cheerios! Didn't know that existed! Must try!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    2) Stress is not okay. If a person stresses you out, kick 'em out of your life. Hate your job, find a new one. If you FEEL like you need a break, TAKE one and TELL someone, they might just be willing to ease your burden.

YES!!

Stress is deadly. I may be a cold hearted B but bring me buckets of drama and I'm cutting you out of my life so fast it'll make your head spin.

Happiness is a choice. Why some people choose to be miserable is beyond me.

Love this...we need to be friends!!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Don't leave before the miracle happens! I always had quit after minor success, the had to start over! The key is keep going keep looking for that next challenge or goal and nevet limit yourself! You can achieve what you never imagined you would want!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Nothing as I started using it at the same time I started my first diet. I wish id spent a bit of tie learning about weight loss and fitness many years ago and realised how straightforward it is. I would have done it sooner then.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    2) Stress is not okay. If a person stresses you out, kick 'em out of your life. Hate your job, find a new one. If you FEEL like you need a break, TAKE one and TELL someone, they might just be willing to ease your burden.

YES!!

Stress is deadly. I may be a cold hearted B but bring me buckets of drama and I'm cutting you out of my life so fast it'll make your head spin.

Happiness is a choice. Why some people choose to be miserable is beyond me.

Love this...we need to be friends!!

:)
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Trust the process! We're machines - plain and simple. To get this machine in proper working condition burn off more than you take in! Get your machine to peak performance then MAINTAIN!! Trust the process and forget the "current diet fads!" One more time - trust the process! It works!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That just because I could eat whatever I liked without gaining weight didn't mean I should!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You can eat more than 1200 calories and still lose weight.

Things happen and sometimes weight loss stalls, but you're only in competition with yourself, so take your time and do it right.

Everyone has an opinion, but they only one that matters is yours.
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't leave before the miracle happens! I always had quit after minor success, the had to start over! The key is keep going keep looking for that next challenge or goal and nevet limit yourself! You can achieve what you never imagined you would want!

I keep doing this :neutral:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Olive oil has a lot of calories. Slapping a "healthy" label on it won't make them go away.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Olive oil has a lot of calories. Slapping a "healthy" label on it won't make them go away.

In the same way Natural is a meaningless term.

In answer to the OP. 'That it was easier than I thought you just have to stick with it'
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    - Jillian Michaels knows everything.

- Jillian Michaels knows everything. About everything. I mean it.

These two facts are the foundation to my new lifestyle! :triumph:

That and IIFYM!
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1. If someone's skinny, that doesn't mean they know more about nutrition than an overweight person. Their advice is not necessarily better just because they look different (this one's logical, but I seldom considered it)
    2. Same for personal trainers. Not everyone though
    3. It can be way easier than people make it seem to be. We all have different conceptions of what is "difficult" to achieve. Don't take others' words for it, find out for yourself.
    4. It really is most about perseverance and not giving up.
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wish I had not taken advice from strangers, friends or family. My body is different from everyone else's and it responds differently to cardio, weight lifting and different foods. I learned that I have to do things the way that is best for my health and fitness.
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers without buns are still pretty awesome.

Accurate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!