Solutions for craving chocolate?

Options
13»

Replies

• jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I add cocoa powder to fat free greek yogurt along with some sugar..
    I use half a cup of fat free yogurt, a tbsp of cocoa powder and two tsp of sugar. Of course, you can substitute the sugar.

An easier solution would be to just keep some dark chocolate in the house and then eat it in moderation. I can't seem to do that, thus, the yogurt solution.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    We have a Keurig (don't yell at me, we use biodegradable coffee pods) and I occasionally pop in a hot cocoa and round it out with some 1% milk and a squirt of reddi-whip. This usually works on my chocolate craving. I also keep a stash of high quality dark chocolate on hand and allow myself a small piece from time to time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat chocolate. The key here is moderation.

This^

We have 2 choices - no chocolate again (ever) - or moderation. Chocolate is totally worth it to learn moderation.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Drink a big mug of home made hot chocolate. Or even those instant hot chocolates that only require water.

I also add cocoa (unsweetened) to yogurt and I keep mini chocolate bars in the freezer. I usually have chocolate in some form every day.

Most instant hot chocolates made with water range from 40-60 calories. The cocoa I add to yogurt is only about 20 or so extra calories. The mini chocolate bars are usually 100-150 ish calories. Hope that helps :)
  • plutonianfrog
    Options
    I've found eating tropic fruits (mango, guava, soursop, etc) helps reduce the chocolate craving but maybe it's just something sweet and magnesium.
  • mrd1986
    mrd1986 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make sugar free chocolate pudding and add protein powder to it. You are getting something sweet, plus the protein...it's a win win. Or I have found Calorie Countdown by Hood has chocolate milk without all the carbs. It doesn't taste like straight up chocolate milk, but it's not bad at all. Tastes kinda like Yoohoo. When I'm craving something sweet, sometimes I just take a swig of it and I'm good lol.
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    +1 to everyone suggesting chocolate pudding. Jello dark chocolate pudding cups are only 60 calories and almost always do the trick for me!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa + 1T whipping cream (or use cool whip if you're low fat) + 1/4 packet of sweetener of your choice. Hit it with a mixer or whisk, you get chocolate mousse that feels like you're eating a lot more than you really are, even though it's mostly air.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm craving chocolate hardcore. And when I crave it like this, I know it won't go away until I eat a mass amount of chocolate.
    Trying to watch my calories I looked into how much each chocolate I was purchasing would cost me for the day, and they add up quick.

Any one have any tricks on getting this craving to go away without breaking my calories?

Incorporate chocolate into your diet. I'm a chocolate addict too and what helps me is incorporating chocolate into my diet most days and eating only better quality chocolate. Find healthier ways of putting chocolate into your diet and eat it in moderation. And if you get yourself used to high quality chocolate, you won't crave cheap chocolate anymore and it'll be easier to resist most chocolate. I'll eat chocolate protein bars after strength training at the gym, a banana with a tablespoon of natural dark chocolate peanut butter for an afternoon snack, dark chocolate Greek yogurt, fruit and nut trail mixes with dark chocolate, a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate granola mixed into Greek yogurt, homemade hot cocoa (that I make with low-calorie almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and only 2 teaspoons of sugar; I can make a 12 oz cup for as low as 90 cals and it's delicious), or an unsweetened herbal tea with a couple small squares of dark chocolate.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    This usually satisfies me.
    5ee4u.gif

I find this to be the appropriate solution. I laughed so hard.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate protein powder 3-4 times a week and then at night I get one square of dark chocolate. It basically eliminates chocolate cravings for me, because it's something I have all the time.
  • Lorilawmodi
    Lorilawmodi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of ghiradelli dark chocolate chips. You can eat 16 slowly and it will take care of your craving. Its also important to start your day with no sugar.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat two tablespoons if Reese's chocolate peanut butter. I hate peanut butter... But love Reese's and its oh so good. Those two table spoons are 190 cals though sadly
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my absolute weakpoint so someone suggested to me to get dark chocolate instead. I got some with a crazy amount of cocoa (like 85%) and while it's nice, it's so rich that I only break off one square and this is enough to satisfy that craving.