Does anyone else get annoyed from Jillian Michales?

Options

Replies

• Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes, I get annoyed. She is not my favorite trainer.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Sometimes she makes me do things I don't want to do, but I suck it up... :laugh:

I will literally talk to the tv and tell her "No, I don't want to!!!" as I'm doing doing whatever it is she wants me to do anyways...
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never done Jillian Michales DVDs. Does she scream at you like she screams at people on The Biggest Loser? If she does, I would turn the volume down too!

No, she's actually pretty nice in her videos. Like or hate her though, her vids do get people up and moving around, where they hadn't before, and helps get them into shape before working with harder workout routines later down the road.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find Jillian Michaels in the 30 days shred ANNOYING.
    I just wanna yell at her to shut up. Is it just me?

Not just you. Though I can't stand most fifness dvd people
  • beatlebomb
    beatlebomb Posts: 80
    Options
    great idea
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I don't think there's a DVD out there where you aren't going to get somewhat annoyed by the trainer, no matter who they are.

Jillian's not nearly as annoying as some of the other DVD trainers out there (***ahem Denise Austin, I'm talking about you!!!***)...
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Most days she doesn't annoy me, but sometimes I don't want to hear it. "I have 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks, so can you!"

There is an option to have just the music playing and no talking. I don't like the music so I just mute it all out and play my own on those annoying days.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I mute the TV and turn on some tunes! I only listen to her the first couple times so I know what I am supposed to be doing.
  • mimsfrank
    mimsfrank Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I get annoyed with her too, Mims
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I start out all perky and happy with her, but half way through I'm cussing her out screaming with what breath I have left for her to seriously shut it. LOL...She's motivating though and usually *right* when I feel like quitting she'll spout off something like *I know you want to give up but don't* and it ticks me off enough to want to prove her wrong LMAO
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I read an interview with Jillian a few months ago where she talked about having little time to get to the gym after her daughter and son arrived. She decided to workout using her own DVDs, something she had never done. She said she was telling her DVD self to shut up, and she finally got so annoyed with herself that she muted the TV.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Most days she doesn't annoy me, but sometimes I don't want to hear it. "I have 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks, so can you!"

There is an option to have just the music playing and no talking. I don't like the music so I just mute it all out and play my own on those annoying days.

LOL that part does make me scratch my head. Not that 400 lb people shouldn't exercise, but I definitely wouldn't recommend they do jumping jacks or running man...
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    I am trying Ripped in 30 again. Last time I couldn't get through week 2 because of Jillian's constant chatter. I would mute it but there are a considerable amount of exercises where I'm not looking at the screen and need the time cues.
  • blackeraser
    Options
    I don't think there's a DVD out there where you aren't going to get somewhat annoyed by the trainer, no matter who they are.

Jillian's not nearly as annoying as some of the other DVD trainers out there (***ahem Denise Austin, I'm talking about you!!!***)...

Oh my god Denise Austin might be even more annoying then Jillian. Shes so...peppy and ughhhh
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I mute her once I have the steps and timing. Dub step radio on Pandora is what I generally sweat to.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options

Oh my god Denise Austin might be even more annoying then Jillian. Shes so...peppy and ughhhh

I love Denise Austin. I *never* want to punch her in the face...

Just kidding... :laugh:
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second 30DS. Yes, sometimes I find her annoying, especially when I hear the same patter over and over and can't fast forward through it :). But I just sort of tune her out at some point and just check in periodically to make sure I'm on track. I keep hoping I'm going to get to the point where I can mute her and just have music, like so many others do.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome! I enjoy her because she is not patronizing. She is not some cute little cheerleader there to cheer you on and feed you BS - she is there to make sure you work your hardest and get results from her programs. She may talk somewhat abrasively and say some off color things - but that's what makes her so awesome. =)
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love her workouts...but really can't stand her personality so I put on the DVD turn them down and put on music lol
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 1 day 9 of the 30 day shred. I think anyone would get annoying after listening to the same spiel 10 days in a row, but I gotta say, she does seem to know when I need to hear that there are only 2 more to do, or that when the pain is the worst is when the changes are happening. She really keeps me going!