Does anyone else get annoyed from Jillian Michales?

Options

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooo annoyed by Jillian. I can't do her workouts, she gets on my nerves.
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love her bc she pushes me. N she's not so happy. I hate ppl working out with a smile n 'isn't it fun', shot me. But 10 days of the same video isn't great
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think that's just another excuse.
    Just focus on your moves, block all others out.
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred (almost done with level 1), I don't really find her too annoying, maybe in the beginning with the intro, but I just mute until it's time to start moving, then have the tv/computer on low volume just enough to hear what the next move is... so far, i like her 30 day shred video, successful so far with seeing some form of results, so if its working, i am going to stick with it...
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    yes she is an annoying such and such ... so yes when you cant power thorough or you are doing air punches imagine socking her in her rock hard abs...
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find Jillian Michaels in the 30 days shred ANNOYING.
    I just wanna yell at her to shut up. Is it just me?

I can't stand her! Her sneering, her lip-curl, her constant blather! When I do her videos now I put on music and silence the video.
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian DVD's since New Year's. I have her sayings memorized! "Your abs should be on FIRE!" "Your heart should be gargling in your throat."
  • Fiiddlestix
    Fiiddlestix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love her and her workouts. I find her quite motivating, she explains everything properly rather than just prancing around the screen shouting "come on girls". When i'm ready to stop, she keeps me going.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome! I enjoy her because she is not patronizing. She is not some cute little cheerleader there to cheer you on and feed you BS - she is there to make sure you work your hardest and get results from her programs. She may talk somewhat abrasively and say some off color things - but that's what makes her so awesome. =)

^^This. I've done nothing but Jillian workouts...I chuckle at some of the things she says, but she is super motivating and expects hard work.
  • ashleybb123
    ashleybb123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I mute her, turn the subtitles off and play music from my ipod. lol. She's very annoying. not someone I'd want to be friends with in real life lol
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My husband HATES her. I think she is wonderful. Sometimes the things she says annoys me, but she has been fat and lost it all and got in shape. I respect her for this rather than some chick that has been thin all her life and has no clue what obese people go through to lose that weight and get fit.
  • claudiasiplak
    claudiasiplak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome! I enjoy her because she is not patronizing. She is not some cute little cheerleader there to cheer you on and feed you BS - she is there to make sure you work your hardest and get results from her programs. She may talk somewhat abrasively and say some off color things - but that's what makes her so awesome. =)

^^This. I've done nothing but Jillian workouts...I chuckle at some of the things she says, but she is super motivating and expects hard work.

this!!! she is awesome and I love her!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    She doesn't bother me. Mostly because I don't do her DVD's. I didn't like the way she was on the TV show and so couldn't imagine liking her personality when it's all about her.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed by workout DVDs in general, so maybe my opinion is moot, but yes I find her annoying. More so since she jumped on the detox bandwagon.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you find her annoying, just stop watching or mute it. Logic not even once.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Not enough to quit the workout!!! I just mute the TV and listen to music!!
  • dqgirl1
    dqgirl1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG! I thought I was the only one!!! You know "BUDDY"?!
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I actually don't mind her. I tell her to STFU when she's telling us how much she loves bicycle crunches, though. Yes, they're an effective move, but they suck Jillian! Just shut up!

Other than that, yeah, sometimes she talks too much but I find it motivating more often than not.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm alright with her. Only on day 2 so I'm cussing her out through the day because I can't lift my arms, but other than that its all good ;)
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    She annoyed me so much! My friend and I just muted her and turned on some awesome workout music. So we got the workout without wanting to punch her in the face! :)