Options

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    *sings and dances* Relax, don't do it... XD

I wish I had the guts to karaoke that song. Always either not drunk enough or too drunk. There never seems to be a just drunk enough to do that song.

You should just go for it. It's a great song, people love it, and it hardly has any words to follow (and no singy-speaky sections at all - good to avoid that, as I failed to do with Bowie's Young Americans that one time). You would probably have to dance a lot to get through the parts with no words to keep people engaged, though.

I’ll stick to Creep by Radiohead.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

I wish I had the guts to karaoke that song. Always either not drunk enough or too drunk. There never seems to be a just drunk enough to do that song.

You should just go for it. It's a great song, people love it, and it hardly has any words to follow (and no singy-speaky sections at all - good to avoid that, as I failed to do with Bowie's Young Americans that one time). You would probably have to dance a lot to get through the parts with no words to keep people engaged, though.

Excellent choice :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

NInerbuff, just be careful with your "corrections". It actually is in the CG to no correct people's grammer/Engrlish. Why? things like this happen. You had an unfortunate misspeak correcting SARCASM. I don't think anyone actually thinks you were saying that men are physically superior in all contexts. Actually, that's hard to say because a lot of people define physical superiority by strength alone. That's probably too narrow. Sorry I am not more sorry about being super generous in my responses to corrected sarcasm. A) You are mod and should be enforcing the guild lines, not skirting them as you see fit. Who actually says women are genetically inferior? WHO? B) Making silly slips like that can be really offensive when you didn't intent them to be and totally derail a thread. Much like what has happened here. I am out of this thread.

To the OP, I think your plan seems totally reasonable to start out. Just not be afraid to modify any program you are doing to suit your body and your goals.

Well if we are getting nit picky up in here, derailing a thread is against guidelines also as is using sarcasm to respond blah blah blah..., you admitted to not knowing if the OP actually mentioned "getting strong" as a goal which in turn points out that you did not read the entire thread and are only here to cause conflict?? Amirite?

Dude this was resolved like 5 pages ago. Everyone but you has seemed to make like Frozen, and let it go.

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So.....................who's lifting heavy today?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.
    Why cardio? Because I'm training for a TM... So I need both. :-p

#goals

quads and hams for me today ....

but then it is upper body the rest of the week, because genetics....

I must be male then... Cuz I much prefer upper body work and I bench what I'm squatting (which is not much, sadly). . But... Oooh... I bet I could out lift you. :wink:

LOLZ did ole Zach ever come back to re-challenge LOLbro??????????????

so you disagree with Mike Chang??????????????

Hmmm... Depends... What will cause more conflict? Agreeing or disagreeing?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and Tris today.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

I couldn't do that one... I'd have to correct the lyrics to, "I wish I were special," which is probably against the karaoke CG(All Hail™) and then they'd stop the music and tell me I had one strike.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

I must be male then... Cuz I much prefer upper body work and I bench what I'm squatting (which is not much, sadly). . But... Oooh... I bet I could out lift you. :wink:
    If and when they do a Wonder Woman movie, yes, you should get the role.

Best compliment ever. Haha!

I AM over 6'... I should get it by default!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

NInerbuff, just be careful with your "corrections". It actually is in the CG to no correct people's grammer/Engrlish. Why? things like this happen. You had an unfortunate misspeak correcting SARCASM. I don't think anyone actually thinks you were saying that men are physically superior in all contexts. Actually, that's hard to say because a lot of people define physical superiority by strength alone. That's probably too narrow. Sorry I am not more sorry about being super generous in my responses to corrected sarcasm. A) You are mod and should be enforcing the guild lines, not skirting them as you see fit. Who actually says women are genetically inferior? WHO? B) Making silly slips like that can be really offensive when you didn't intent them to be and totally derail a thread. Much like what has happened here. I am out of this thread.

To the OP, I think your plan seems totally reasonable to start out. Just not be afraid to modify any program you are doing to suit your body and your goals.

Well if we are getting nit picky up in here, derailing a thread is against guidelines also as is using sarcasm to respond blah blah blah..., you admitted to not knowing if the OP actually mentioned "getting strong" as a goal which in turn points out that you did not read the entire thread and are only here to cause conflict?? Amirite?

Dude this was resolved like 5 pages ago. Everyone but you has seemed to make like Frozen, and let it go.

Sorry, bored at work, read the whole thread and apparently started a tad bit later than everyone else. I am all caught up now, and I will try to keep up with the "in" crowd next time. My sincerest apologies.

Oh and this too..

kittens.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Sorry, bored at work, read the whole thread and apparently started a tad bit later than everyone else. I am all caught up now, and I will try to keep up with the "in" crowd next time. My sincerest apologies.

Oh and this too..

kittens.gif
    Now make like a hotdog, and ketchup!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

IDK - something tells me we have maxed out the conflict in this thread...

• MireyGal76
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

Well then, I guess I'm ambivalent.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

You lack faith in the suck?

• LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Oh and this too..

kittens.gif

I hope your workouts support your lofty goals.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    This thread has everything

hader-stefon11.jpg
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Oh and this too..

kittens.gif

I hope your workouts support your lofty goals.

I'm sure I'll be just fine, thank you for your concern though, much appreciated!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

I don't think it can get any hotter than "sexist" comments being thrown around...

but MFP has proved me wrong in the past...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Cardio day today. Haha
    Oh and abs.

Tomorrow is lifting day.

#goals

I don't think it can get any hotter than "sexist" comments being thrown around...

but MFP has proved me wrong in the past...

I don't know the blonde in the iron threads got everyone pretty riled up.