Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    _KitKat_ wrote: »
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Wow, quite the thread here. I posted before reading everything. I've never really thought about it. I just hit the gym, do my workout and leave. The only imbalance I ever see between men and women is in yoga.

I do not think it is the time to be calling the men inferior due to their yoga skills.....or did I just say that since I assumed the imbalance was favoring the women.......damn sexism.

***joke

woman need yoga so they can be flexible enough to run the dishwasher, washer and dryer, and cook at the same time….

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow...

and there's 15 pages of it, too. (I made it as far as about 8, I think.)

Now I'm being told I'm consigned to being rubbish at Yoga due to my gender. The thread just keeps on giving!

To the OP: keep on your current training split if you like it and you feel you are progressing well. The fat loss will come from nailing your nutrition. Plenty of protein and a moderate calorie deficit. Give it time. Succeed.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow...

Now I'm being told I'm consigned to being rubbish at Yoga due to my gender. The thread just keeps on giving!

To the OP: keep on your current training split if you like it and you feel you are progressing well. The fat loss will come from nailing your nutrition. Plenty of protein and a moderate calorie deficit. Give it time. Succeed.

we are pretty much in joke land now man… :)
  • jimmmer
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow...

Can you catch me up for pages 9-15?

Got as far as physical diff vs genetic diff, but felt that might rumble on for too many pages and skipped to the end...
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Not rubbish...not inferior...just pointing out differences and it's not a rule as there's lots of flexible guys that can do every pose. Just saying many struggle with flexibility and that's it. It's something that gets better though if you keep stretching. I also said men can do other poses easily like handstands. It took me a long time to hold a handstand and many men can do them right away and can transition down to plank from one, which I can't even begin to do. I can't do peacock pose yet because it's pure arm strength where all the guys in my class can do it no problem...women have more weight in the lower body and that pose involves lifting both your legs up while keeping your arms tucked in to your stomach.
  • jimmmer
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Not rubbish...not inferior...just pointing out differences and it's not a rule as there's lots of flexible guys that can do every pose. Just saying many struggle with flexibility and that's it. It's something that gets better though if you keep stretching. I also said men can do other poses easily like handstands. It took me a long time to hold a handstand and many men can do them right away and can transition down to plank from one, which I can't even begin to do. I can't do peacock pose yet because it's pure arm strength where all the guys in my class can do it no problem...women have more weight in the lower body and that pose involves lifting both your legs up while keeping your arms tucked in to your stomach.

If you gather together a bunch of newbs in any athletic endeavour - they'll all have different starting strengths and weaknesses due to previous physical activity, lifestyle, work, etc.

Given time people work on their weaknesses in the beginner stage and bring everything into a more balanced whole where they can springboard onto greater things beyond the beginner stage

True for endurance activities (like distance running, etc), power sports, lifting sports, martial arts, yoga, chi kung, etc.

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Very true! People definitely have strengths when they start out and they build on that. Some activities (yoga is perfect example because it uses everything in your body) really show where you need to work to get better and everyone has an area that's weaker than other areas. For me it's my back. I have very little flexibility in my lower back and it gets injured easily, so working on opening my chest and working my core a ton have helped with its strength and flexibility but I have along road ahead getting it open enough for backbends. Yoga is very humbling in many ways.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow...

Yeah. I thought that, given the history of the thread, "correct me if I'm wrong" was comedy gold.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Wow. Just wow...

Got as far as physical diff vs genetic diff, but felt that might rumble on for too many pages and skipped to the end...

lets pages 9-15 ...

some people got butt hurt about niners comments
    he clarified and apologized
    people were still butt hurt
    and then we finally moved on ...

I think that covers it...
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Wow. Just wow...

lets pages 9-15 ...

some people got butt hurt about niners comments
    he clarified and apologized
    people were still butt hurt
    and then we finally moved on ...

I think that covers it...

Good decision to skip to the end at page 8, then!

• Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SO .... can anyone tell my why it's so much harder to lose weight / burn fat the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around if you obviously didn't succeed the 1st time around ??
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    SO .... can anyone tell my why it's so much harder to lose weight / burn fat the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around if you obviously didn't succeed the 1st time around ??

A lot of people probably end up with less and less lean mass every cycle, because they're doing the inverse of bodybuilding by gaining and losing while not doing resistance training.
  • Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I just saw you replied :) Thanks !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options

A lot of people probably end up with less and less lean mass every cycle, because they're doing the inverse of bodybuilding by gaining and losing while not doing resistance training.
    Not to mention that many people regain weight PLUS more so now they have more to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I've never thought of that. Good point.