Women Should Train Differently Then Men

1246722

Replies

  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,482 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Yeah you are!! Listen to what these people are telling you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,551 Member
    edited April 2015
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,555 Member
    Stopped reading at "SixPack Shortcuts". Mike Chang = lol.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    walterc7 wrote: »
    I think you should train with balance. What good is a lower body that can push a lot of weight if you don't have the upper body strength to keep your back safe?

    I see your point but that's why a person would lift heavy on the upper body day not just 10 pounders lol

    why not just follow a structured program with proven results like starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, strong lifts, etc....

  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,551 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    walterc7 wrote: »
    I think you should train with balance. What good is a lower body that can push a lot of weight if you don't have the upper body strength to keep your back safe?

    I see your point but that's why a person would lift heavy on the upper body day not just 10 pounders lol

    why not just follow a structured program with proven results like starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, strong lifts, etc....

    Because we don't know what her goal is. Because she hasn't said so. she could want to be a marathon runner for all we know and just do strength training on the side.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Six pack short cuts. Is'nt that Mike Chang. Most of the notable youtube fitness people usually don't agree with Mr. Chang. Train like a beast if you want to look like a beauty. This goes for your upper and lower body.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.

    well yeah but i'm saying if someone's neglecting their posterior chain or whatever and setting things up for weird imbalances that is not a good situation to be in. they're free to do it, obviously

    I agree with that... but you specifically said women should train for health.

    But the reality is- women should train like men do- like ANY SUCCESSFUL ATHLETE does- for a purpose. A goal.

    And yes- general health and wellness is a goal- that's fine- a generic over all lifting program is fine too.

    meh ...woman need to make sure that they are strong enough to lift the laundry and get the casserole dish out of the oven ..anything other than that is useless...


    and that is sarcasm before I get slammed....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?

    after OP's suggested routine you might be butt hurt....
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.

    well yeah but i'm saying if someone's neglecting their posterior chain or whatever and setting things up for weird imbalances that is not a good situation to be in. they're free to do it, obviously

    I agree with that... but you specifically said women should train for health.

    But the reality is- women should train like men do- like ANY SUCCESSFUL ATHLETE does- for a purpose. A goal.

    And yes- general health and wellness is a goal- that's fine- a generic over all lifting program is fine too.

    meh ...woman need to make sure that they are strong enough to lift the laundry and get the casserole dish out of the oven ..anything other than that is useless...


    and that is sarcasm before I get slammed....

    My woman needs more strength than that. I'm a car enthusiast and the track tires won't put themselves in the basement.
  • Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?

    I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    Six pack short cuts. Is'nt that Mike Chang. Most of the notable youtube fitness people usually don't agree with Mr. Chang. Train like a beast if you want to look like a beauty. This goes for your upper and lower body.

    wasn't there a guy parading as if he were Mike Chang on MFP threads a while back..

    his posts were totally lame like "from the diary of Mike Chang" or something like that...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?

    I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

    Why? A lot of people on this thread really know what they're talking about. It's not too late to turn this around and have fun.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,482 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?

    I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

    Yep, butt hurt!!!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health - ie such that muscles are developed in a reasonably balanced way to prevent weird biomechanics and vulnerabilities.

    that said, as far as aesthetics goes, it's personal preference. i think people can develop their upper body to a point they're happy with (that's balanced, idk what minimum level that would be) and then just maintain that if they want without necessarily progressing in weight.

    women's legs DO typically carry way more fat than men's bc of hormones, and if people aren't happy with that, i think it's smart to treat that a bit differently (ie focusing on building up more muscle there to firm things up)
    Specifically training legs is not going to get rid of leg fat any more than training abs will get rid of belly fat.

    And women should train for whatever they please.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,551 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.

    well yeah but i'm saying if someone's neglecting their posterior chain or whatever and setting things up for weird imbalances that is not a good situation to be in. they're free to do it, obviously

    I agree with that... but you specifically said women should train for health.

    But the reality is- women should train like men do- like ANY SUCCESSFUL ATHLETE does- for a purpose. A goal.

    And yes- general health and wellness is a goal- that's fine- a generic over all lifting program is fine too.

    meh ...woman need to make sure that they are strong enough to lift the laundry and get the casserole dish out of the oven ..anything other than that is useless...


    and that is sarcasm before I get slammed....

    I feel like opening a beer would require some extra work too.

    And carrying groceries. Also useful. and more than 5 pounds.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,555 Member
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)

    I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

    Do you even BroScience?

    Thats OP from her alt account obvs
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

    There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

    Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

    So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

    You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

    I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

    Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

    What's your goal?

    I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

    You're missing a great opportunity to get advice from some of the most notably knowledgable lifters in this community.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,898 Member
    I am at work so I can't watch the video right now, but I fail to understand why I wouldn't want to strength train my upper body. I mean...having done so allows me to be a stronger tennis player, pick up my 9 year old son when we're goofing around, move air conditioners, push 960 pounds of bagged concrete on a cart that didn't want to budge...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)

    I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

    so you are saying a training program that is 3:1 legs over upper body is superior????????

    so when someone has arms like a twig and a rear like Ice T's girlfriend Coco or whatever her name is, you think that is a good look?

  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

    Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

    Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

    Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

    Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

    Just though I'd clear that up :)

    I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

    What is going on today?!

    apparently, the females need to train their lower half at a 3:1 ratio, because genetics....