• Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

What's your goal?

I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

Yep, butt hurt!!!

No ... I just don't have time for people like you that want to egg me on for a response you can be proud of.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

What's your goal?

I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

You're missing a great opportunity to get advice from some of the most notably knowledgable lifters in this community.

You are right, there are a lot of knowledgeable lifters I can learn from and I'd gladly accept advice from those individuals.

My advice is to go to your YouTube account and stop following the channel that gave you the advice you posted in the beginning.
  • Danielle721007
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I agree with Tomatoey. Look into Bret Contreras. The guy you are following has horrible advice.

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

I'll check it out, thanks!
  • Danielle721007
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Get a book called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."

I also recommend this book. Even if you don't follow the given program, you'll learn a lot.

Thank you, I appreciate it !
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

What's your goal?

You're missing a great opportunity to get advice from some of the most notably knowledgable lifters in this community.

You are right, there are a lot of knowledgeable lifters I can learn from and I'd gladly accept advice from those individuals.

I'd listen to USMCMP and LOLBROSCIENCE over everyone else.

There are other here I'd listen to too, but those too -- they have it right.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

What's your goal?

Then will you please answer the question about what your goal is.

Christ almighty.
  • Danielle721007
    Options
    I didn't read all the reply's, sorry if this is a repeat.

My take on suggesting training in this way is the concept that muscle burns more calories. Our largest muscle groups happen to be the lower half of our bodies, so by training those muscle groups more heavily you'll burn more calories as those muscles develop. That's just where my head went with this. I'm not sure why it would be more specific to women than men other than women don't like to work out their upper body as much in fear of bulking up. Oh the many myths of weight training lol Just my thoughts.

Thank you ! lol You got exactly what my point was ... I never said the program was right but that's the same concept I gathered watching the video lol
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

What's your goal?

lolbroscience, USMCMP, JoRocka, all can give you advice (and are really trying to), but you're refusing to tell anybody what your goals are.

ETA: The fact that they want to know your goals speaks to how they give advice. They don't want to give you a blanket response.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

My take on suggesting training in this way is the concept that muscle burns more calories. Our largest muscle groups happen to be the lower half of our bodies, so by training those muscle groups more heavily you'll burn more calories as those muscles develop. That's just where my head went with this. I'm not sure why it would be more specific to women than men other than women don't like to work out their upper body as much in fear of bulking up. Oh the many myths of weight training lol Just my thoughts.

Thank you ! lol You got exactly what my point was ... I never said the program was right but that's the same concept I gathered watching the video lol

The concept is incorrect though and since women have weaker upper bodies it will leave an even greater imbalance.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Right, but the concept is wrong. That's the main point.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

The concept is incorrect though and since women have weaker upper bodies it will leave an even greater imbalance.

Hey!

How many times do I have to ask you not to move the computer into the kitchen?!?

ETA: I'm trying to fix dinner and the laptop is right in the middle of my food prep area!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

What's your goal?

Christ almighty.

and the mystery continues...
  • Danielle721007
    Options

Ok, so that's fine. Anything else I haven't been told ?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

What's your goal?

Christ almighty.

So the next question to ask is... does OP ACTUALLY want help- or just here to stir the pot.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Hey!

How many times do I have to ask you not to move the computer into the kitchen?!?

ETA: I'm trying to fix dinner and the laptop is right in the middle of my food prep area!

wait, you are a female??????????
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

Just though I'd clear that up :)

I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different.
    Hate to tell you that if a fraternal twin girl and boy were tested, they would "genetically" be the similar. Physical difference between genders is what you were looking for here.
    Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.
    Probably should heed your own advice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ndj1979
    Options

if you really want some solid advice, it would be nice to know what your goals are....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

What's your goal?

Christ almighty.

So the next question to ask is... does OP ACTUALLY want help- or just here to stir the pot.

611SvkcrsxL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options

any good advice on how to move forward since you haven't told us your goals.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Reading the op and a few pages back, it is amazing me that you have some of the most knowledgeable people on MFP offering you advise and you refuse to state your goals.

Maybe women should train different than men...I lift and my husband prefers cardio.