Women Should Train Differently Then Men

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I don't even understand the idea of training the body part that holds the most weight. So people with big bellies should just do ab exercises? And technically doesn't everybody's body hold the most weight since that's where our legs are and they are what hold us up?

I need to stop trying to figure this out logically because it's giving me a headache.

yeah if you can figure it out before me that's be great- because I can't even with that one.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    yea...i had tooo

BEqzOrYCUAALxlU.jpg:large
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    About the whole, "Women should train different than men" thing. We all should be training in whatever way helps us reach our goals and correct imbalances or weaknesses. That means that two women shouldn't necessarily train the same and a woman could easily train the same way as a man (I frequently do).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I don't even understand the idea of training the body part that holds the most weight. So people with big bellies should just do ab exercises? And technically doesn't everybody's body hold the most weight since that's where our legs are and they are what hold us up?

I need to stop trying to figure this out logically because it's giving me a headache.

woman need a strong lower half for child bearing and birth ....hence a 3:1 lower to upper training regimen.....

LOLZ
  • Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    women should train for health
    women should train how ever they want- to meet their goals.
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

What's your goal?

after OP's suggested routine you might be butt hurt....

I am not hurt from his comment because he is right I asked for opinions nor did I specify they couldn't be negative. But MFP is supposed to be a community where we encourage each other and help everyone succeed. I did open a can of worms but I wanted actual help not sarcasm and belittling comments. I never said the video was right - I did state I found some points to be valid. But as of now, would you still want help from these people that are making fun and being negative towards you ? I think not ...
    That's why it is what it is and I'm fine with that. I don't need to bash other opinions but as they are entitled to supply them I am entitled to reply.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    yea...i had tooo

BEqzOrYCUAALxlU.jpg:large

bahahahahahaha
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

Just though I'd clear that up :)
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

Do you even BroScience?

Thats OP from her alt account obvs

Actually I'm my own person but I believe that people missed the concept. She's not going to train only legs. She just asked about an idea and needed help. That's all. Just answer the questions without being an *kitten*. This is the problem wih our society and yes I can probably lift more than you :)

"This is the problem with our society" then goes and starts a d*ck measuring contest. lol
    giphy.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why some people are being rude with their comments or opinions.

There is your problem. The difference is you posted an "opinionated" video. People are replying with actual facts.

Yes I did ask for Opinions. I just assumed people were reading this to be helpful not input hurtful opinions on whether they thought it was stupid. That's all.

So. Stop being butt hurt and tell us what you're goal is so we can actually help you. Because other wise we are just going to continue to sit around and argue about why we think that training program sucks.

You say you don't have that much information- let us help you- but we need to know what your goal is in order to do that efficiently.

I'm not "butt hurt" but it's like really... Anyways thank you but at this point in the discussion I'm over it. I'll figure it out on my own.

Says you're not- but yet refuses to answer the question after admitting to not knowing much.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION because other wise we are just all on here NOT helping you-

What's your goal?

I am not hurt from his comment because he is right I asked for opinions nor did I specify they couldn't be negative. But MFP is supposed to be a community where we encourage each other and help everyone succeed. I did open a can of worms but I wanted actual help not sarcasm and belittling comments. I never said the video was right - I did state I found some points to be valid. But as of now, would you still want help from these people that are making fun and being negative towards you ? I think not ...
    That's why it is what it is and I'm fine with that. I don't need to bash other opinions but as they are entitled to supply them I am entitled to reply.

But, really what is your goal right now? There actually are people who will tell you if that program is on point with your goals OR they will offer suggestions on how to make it work for you.
  • zakmccartney79
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

so you are saying a training program that is 3:1 legs over upper body is superior????????

so when someone has arms like a twig and a rear like Ice T's girlfriend Coco or whatever her name is, you think that is a good look?

No, but I'm saying when you wanna train te way you want that it is ok. You can't nicely put comments on here without being an *kitten*.

I am not the one swearing, you are...

so you agree that it is an inferior training program, but its OK for woman, because they are woman???

No I never said I agree with the plan and I'm only swearing because that's all that seems to work with you people. And train the way you want. But if you offer advice please reconsider how you tell people about advice
  • ndj1979
    Options

What's your goal?

to clarify I meant butt hurt in the literal sense in that your glutes would be sore from over training...

Look - I get this thread is not going as you hoped. But when you start a thread with "woman should train different then men" then that immediately throws up a red flag, because that is just not accurate. Do woman tend to carry more body fat than men, yes, but that does not mean that woman should over train their lower half and totally neglect their upper body. I have woman on my friends list that do the exact same program that I am on, and they look great, and are losing body fat.

So when you post something that is just not accurate you are going to get a lot of feedback..

If I were you I would suggest embracing the feedback that you are getting and have some laughs...

• AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the reply's, sorry if this is a repeat.

My take on suggesting training in this way is the concept that muscle burns more calories. Our largest muscle groups happen to be the lower half of our bodies, so by training those muscle groups more heavily you'll burn more calories as those muscles develop. That's just where my head went with this. I'm not sure why it would be more specific to women than men other than women don't like to work out their upper body as much in fear of bulking up. Oh the many myths of weight training lol Just my thoughts.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

so you are saying a training program that is 3:1 legs over upper body is superior????????

so when someone has arms like a twig and a rear like Ice T's girlfriend Coco or whatever her name is, you think that is a good look?

No, but I'm saying when you wanna train te way you want that it is ok. You can't nicely put comments on here without being an *kitten*.

so you agree that it is an inferior training program, but its OK for woman, because they are woman???

No I never said I agree with the plan and I'm only swearing because that's all that seems to work with you people. And train the way you want. But if you offer advice please reconsider how you tell people about advice

you were the only one swearing. No one else in this thread was.

ummm nice goal post move.

You said that woman need to train differently then men because of genetics.

And you said that you agreed with what OP was saying and that it is a "good concept"....but no you say you don't agree with OP???????????
  • Danielle721007
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Well thank you Zak, I appreciate it... I never said it was the right way to work out I just am looking to find what will work for me ... Some people have been really helpful and others not so much so I appreciate that you saw the bigger picture I was getting at. Thanks!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    anyway OP, i don't know about this video (and - to repeat, because i feel like people are thinking i don't believe this - women should train however they want and also the program should make MSK sense). but if you're after the look i think you want, bret contreras is your guy
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Get a book called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=You+People

I'm also just waiting for the LOL vs. Zak Lifting Contest

anigif_enhanced-7206-1403039215-7.gif
  • Danielle721007
    Options

What's your goal?

I believe I learned my lesson asking for opinions the first time around. And with opinions like that why would I possibly want help from those people now ? Only a handful of people were actually in it to give helpful opinions and suggestions the other half just mocked my post ... So yeah, I don't want help from "those" people.

You're missing a great opportunity to get advice from some of the most notably knowledgable lifters in this community.

You are right, there are a lot of knowledgeable lifters I can learn from and I'd gladly accept advice from those individuals.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I agree with Tomatoey. Look into Bret Contreras. The guy you are following has horrible advice.

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Get a book called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."

I also recommend this book. Even if you don't follow the given program, you'll learn a lot.