Women Should Train Differently Then Men

Options

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I'm not taking advice from somebody who doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than." Not even sorry.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nm
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I didn't read all the reply's, sorry if this is a repeat.

My take on suggesting training in this way is the concept that muscle burns more calories. Our largest muscle groups happen to be the lower half of our bodies, so by training those muscle groups more heavily you'll burn more calories as those muscles develop. That's just where my head went with this. I'm not sure why it would be more specific to women than men other than women don't like to work out their upper body as much in fear of bulking up. Oh the many myths of weight training lol Just my thoughts.

Thank you ! lol You got exactly what my point was ... I never said the program was right but that's the same concept I gathered watching the video lol

Right, but the concept is wrong. That's the main point.

Ok, so that's fine. Anything else I haven't been told ?

Claire, answer the question. Just answer it. Come on. . . . . .(Breakfast Club)

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm not taking advice from somebody who doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than." Not even sorry.
    _KitKat_ wrote: »

'Than' was used correctly. It was used as a comparison. 'Then' means time or sequence. Before you become a grammar nazi, make sure you are correct.

wait- hold on- I typed this all up wondering and partially indignant if she was talking about MAI post.

but @Forty6and2 are you talking about the thread title? Which I did note was *then*
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

'Than' was used correctly. It was used as a comparison. 'Then' means time or sequence. Before you become a grammar nazi, make sure you are correct.

wait- hold on- I typed this all up wondering and partially indignant if she was talking about MAI post.

but @Forty6and2 are you talking about the thread title? Which I did note was *then*

I realized that too, so erased. Just had the need to defend Jo's use of 'than'.....think I am done foruming for now

• RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I understood very well what he was saying. And practically speaking- we ARE physically inferior unfortunately. That doesn't make men inherently better- it just means we will always be the weaker sex on a "all variables being equal" kind of test.

I know there are men that I am unequivocally stronger than- but those guys don't train. Any man that did my training program would far surpass me in a matter of months.

I know women smaller than me who can outlift me in every way. But thanks to you, I now know I am physically superior. I feel so much better now! :p:*
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    We may need to visit this:

https://youtu.be/Js_o-hs1VOQ

90 seconds in to this and MFP is mentioned . . . . .sort of.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    J187 wrote: »
    Hi Danielle, yest women and men definitely should train differently. However, the differences are not profound. When I was designing the 3-25 Fitness Challenge©, I only included a few key differences for the women's program in phase 1. Phase 2 and 3 of the program are practically identical for both sexes. In my program, the differences are basically heavier emphasis on legs for women, slightly less emphasis on chest. This was mostly to fit the exercises within the parameters of the daily workout formatting. Good luck!

oh good grief.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think people have individual bodies and we all have individual needs. And people STORE FAT differently depending ON THEIR GENES. Instead of making everything a women/men thing, people should work out in ways that meets their needs and achieves their own individual goals for their own individual bodies. Can't stand the whole gender "man vs. woman" thing. meh...

well ok but there are real sex (not gender) differences, which is why forensic anthropologists can work out which bags of bones were or weren't dudes. in living women one issue re thighs is we have more alpha 2 receptors there, which makes that fat hard to get rid of. (that's why i like the idea of firming up the muscles under that fat)

(also lol at my example, which is the best i can come up with right now - sorry. super tired today!)
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

Their suggestion for a workout plan was like this:

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 2 - Hamstrings / Core
    Day 3 - Upper Body (all muscles)
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

Just though I'd clear that up :)
    Hello All, so I am a huge YouTube junkie and I just watched a video from Sixpackshortcuts and Andrea Albright (both who are awesome!) which talked about how women should specifically strength train the lower half of their body ... glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves more so than upper body. The concept is building these muscles will eliminate fat from all over the body. Which I LOVE to lift weights and I am going to give this a try ... I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this ?

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Now, they structured this to give women a fit toned sleek look with curves... so what do you all think ?

Reminder: Women, you won't get bulky lifting weights unless you take steroids and that's your goal. We simply don't create enough Testosterone to enhance our muscles the size of men's unless you take some type of muscle enhancer ...

I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

so you are saying a training program that is 3:1 legs over upper body is superior????????

so when someone has arms like a twig and a rear like Ice T's girlfriend Coco or whatever her name is, you think that is a good look?

No, but I'm saying when you wanna train te way you want that it is ok. You can't nicely put comments on here without being an *kitten*.

I am not the one swearing, you are...

so you agree that it is an inferior training program, but its OK for woman, because they are woman???

I think the point is we're genetically inferior.
    I believe you mean "physically" inferior. There are lots and lots of females out there who have better genetics than some males.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Physically inferior at what? Mansplaining to women what they really meant?

For the record, greater explosive strength =/= physical superiority. Also for the record, being weaker than me doesn't make anyone less of a man. Get it together.

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Yes, the thread title. I actually didn't read any of the rest of the thread because I saw Jo on here and I know she's going to give them the facts.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I train like a man.....or is he training like me. I can't know.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

I workout a lot and I feel tht this is a good concept because women are not men. There body structure is totally different from men. Genetically they are different. Women should focus on the lower half more because that is where most of the weight is. And they won't be built like a tank. For most morons who said that. Also I believe that people should work out any way they want. If people don't like what someone else says just don't comment. All you trolls out there who would bring another person down just for asking a question should really think why they are doing that. Most of you people probably don't even workout, you just do cardio all day thinking that that is the key. But like arnold said" don't listen to the naysayers". Danielle you got my vote. Keep up the good work and don't let any of these *kitten* tell you otherwise.

so you are saying a training program that is 3:1 legs over upper body is superior????????

so when someone has arms like a twig and a rear like Ice T's girlfriend Coco or whatever her name is, you think that is a good look?

No, but I'm saying when you wanna train te way you want that it is ok. You can't nicely put comments on here without being an *kitten*.

so you agree that it is an inferior training program, but its OK for woman, because they are woman???

I believe you mean "physically" inferior. There are lots and lots of females out there who have better genetics than some males.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

For the record, greater explosive strength =/= physical superiority. Also for the record, being weaker than me doesn't make anyone less of a man. Get it together.

good grief, he was referring to things like testosterone production and that a male and a woman are not physical twins….

wow….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    20Grit wrote: »
    I train like a man.....or is he training like me. I can't know.

or are you training him????
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

good grief, he was referring to things like testosterone production and that a male and a woman are not physical twins….

wow….
    Really? He said none of that. Instead, he chose to explain to someone what they really meant and said something ridiculous in the process.

• ndj1979
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

wow….
    Really? He said none of that. Instead, he chose to explain to someone what they really meant and said something ridiculous in the process.

sigh - and we take gaffs and apply them literally now, even though he came back and clarified what he meant?

I mean I get it, you are 100% perfect and never misspeak but it does happen to some of us...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

Day 1 - Glutes
    Day 4 - Quads / Core
    Day 5 - Glutes

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Dude, that is 100% not at all what I meant and given the current company you are in, you should be 100% horrified you said that.
    I apologize if you were being sarcastic.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You should apologize for being condescending and disrespectful to every woman in this thread who in no way physically inferior to a man. Men and women are different in where there they tend to hold the majority of their strength. A mod asserting that men are physically superior in a thread like this so over the line inappropriate it should seriously make you consider if attaching your bonafides to everything you post is wise.

Because if I saw this as your client and knew you felt that men were physically superior to women, I would not way want to train with you. You would do exactly what thread of this titles says -- women train differently then men because gender, not goals. Which is craptastic.

There are several women in this thread who are your physical equal. If not physically superior. Period.

Also, yes, the initial post was sarcasm.
    I don't think you understand my response.

Your response was "I think your point was that we're genetically inferior."

My response was to correct the word "genetically" for "physically" because it's the wrong terminology for the actual statement.

When speaking of genetics, you're speaking of inherent traits amongst ancestors. I said physical because you were obviously referring to the gender differences.

My correction was to make the SENTENCE terminologically correct, NOT to say that males are superior over females. Hope that clears that up.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    This method sounds like it was developed by someone who likes big butts and can't help but lie, so they came up with this ruse to enlarge the butts of unsuspecting women.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not reading all 7 pages. What I've learned from what I've read so far is that while women are genetically different from men, men are apparently not genetically different from one another. Bro-biological science?

Also,
    tumblr_meuq5qOCYR1rn899uo1_500.gif
    (To which we should apparently add being a female.)

globo-gym.jpg
    Just to show I'm not being obtuse here, the word "genetically" is used wrong here too. The word "physically" should be used here for the sentences to make sense.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png