Husband doesn't seem like he wants me to lose weight... Not supportive

Options
12346»

Replies

• sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    seems like everyone in the thread has been telling you what you want to hear: he's jelly and insecure, you need to get rid of this little boy, you are a strong, precious gem, etc etc. his behavior and attitude is concerning, but you admitted to having trouble standing up for yourself, which also indicates insecurity. your spouse obviously isn't here to post in his own defense, so who knows how deep the co-dependency runs? it's definitely a two-way street. what struck me most about your OP was this:
    lauren478 wrote: »
    **Please don't suggest that I work out in the morning because I know I won't.

ok, so you want him to accept your dedication to better yourself, which isn't so much to ask. but you immediately shut down the possibility of making sacrifices that inconvenience you. maybe if you compromised, and worked out in the morning a couple days a week to spend more time with him at night, then maybe he would see that you're putting effort into the relationship.

or, you can just complain on the internet to garner sympathy from strangers in order to feel better about your own lack of motivation.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated her account.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    My ex was kind of this way at first. He would make the comment that I was going to get all hot and stuff and leave him. I just assured him that if I ever left him my physical appearance would have nothing to do with it.

zinger!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated her account.

damn.
  • jenant27
    jenant27 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do this. If you need some support, feel free to add me. Maybe working out at home for a little while would be a good compromise for now. :)