Anyone doing Insanity?

Options
124»

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 23 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Speed & Agility"=Done!
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity for the first time. I just finished month one yesterday.
    289shgury894.jpg
    oxca8zhz9coi.jpg
    kkubsm3xq8aq.jpg

That's progress! It shows in just a month, wao!
  • XJShinoda
    XJShinoda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »
    @xjshinoda is your food diary open? You need to find the right power foods that will keep you full. Try having some nuts. Also try drinking tea- preferably green- that's helped with my cravings a lot..

My diary is view able within my friend circle. I think I am not good enough in tracking my calories. Sometimes I snack on some sweets and bits of crackers here and there, without tracking it.

Green tea is good for suppressing cravings? I am so gonna try that out! I just can't stop myself from eating!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 24 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 25 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Game Day & Overtime"=Done! sheesh...that's rough.
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fourth day, week 5 of Insanity & I have to say I love it!

I've lost 5 lbs & a total of 8" so far. Yes, it is very hard & if you decide to take on this workout you need to make sure you do not push yourself too hard too fast. My first attempt I pulled a muscle in my back in my third week & I had to take time off to recover. In between taking a break & recovering, I tried (don't laugh) Hip Hop Abbs. It was alright but it wasn't as challenging for me & I became bored.

What ever you decide, don't stop until your done. Push through. Record your results. All you have to lose is the weight, right?!
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got amazing results with Insanity. It's tough but well worth the rewards! I'll be doing round two soon!
  • brittz36
    brittz36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a week ago. I jumped at straight in doing it everyday, which I think was a mistake. I can't make it thru the warmup without my calves hurting. Thinking I will do it everyday to get my body used to the intensity. Anyone have advise on this?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 26 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 27 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 28 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Relief"=Done!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    About to go into recovery week. I've had a couple of years of illness and weight gaining meds and had done pretty much nothing during that time other than walk to the supermarket over the road and back! So I knew it was going to be tough but in a past life I was a gymnast and dancer so there's good muscle memory there and oh lordy was I grateful for the memories. I ended up only having DOMS badly the day of working out but by morning I am generally recovered and ibuprofen helps too. But this is by far the hardest thing I have ever ever done, even body conditioning with the Russian lady at dance school has nothing on Shaun T!

I only just managed to get through the warm up without constantly stopping (I still stopped briefly a few times) by the last couple of workouts so just keep going if you feel defeated by this, the warm up is in itself very hard.

I have had great results though, not on the scales yet but my measurements have changed massively and I'm a dress size smaller. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, the workout till you're broken whilst being told to push harder school of thought works for me with my background I've discovered. Both terrified and excited for month two once I get recovery week out of the way (which I need, the old knees are a bit creaky). In fact, I'm enjoying it so much I'm wondering whether to do a second round or do T25 or Insanity Max 30 next!

Looking forward to tomorrow, I hear the recovery week is a different version of hell.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 29 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Speed & Agility"=Done!
  • Bluetonium
    Bluetonium Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Done insanity, focus t25 twice, and insanity max. Lost over 50 pounds doing this along with the diet, 6 inches from waist and 2 from neck.

Got a lot support from elsewhere when I started, and ended up genuinely looking forward to it, and pretty much changing my entire lookout on life and the way I live. Taught me much about nutrition, supplements and lifesttoe choices, the stuff you think you know but don't actually put into practice, which is when you really learn it.

So, I'm happy to support anyone on here if you
    need it. I did it even with a toddler to take care of and travelling a bit for work, it can be done. I was obese, inactive, and pretty much settled on the fact that life had me down as being that person, that shape. Today, 13 months since is first pressed play on my first fit test, I'm in a completely different place, and had to buy an entire new wardrobe. Good luck, its a challenge but it is supposed to be.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 30 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Athletic Performance Assessment"=Done!

Agility Heisman=11 1/2-11. screwed up right away, tripped over the ladder...really?
    In & Out Ab Progression=44-50
    Pull Ups=21-27
    Mountain Climber Switch Kicks=77-86
    Agility Shoulder Taps=7-7 guess that's as fast as I can go.
    X Jumps=40-48
    Moving Push Ups=6-7
    Agility Lateral Shuffle=12-13 1/2
    Agility Bear Crawl=6-9