Options
124»

Replies

• Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I cheat with scotch occasionally and consider it a boost :p

I find that alcohol leads to cheating for a lot of people. Maybe you're just not happy?

Lol no, I have a glass every 1 or 2 months it is just something I enjoy doing. I never get drunk, I actually don't even get near to it. I love trying nice and different scotch. But thank you for the consideration :)

Even though alcohol is not something nice and healthy, that one glass gives me a change in taste once in a while. I am normally someone who loves eating and I am running on a very strict sports diet, so it really does give me a boost. And it never kept me from progressing. I had worse results from playing american football for 4 years :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Whiskey. Neat. Every damn day.

I need you to be my bestie.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for alcohol, I probably would naturally lose the vanity lbs. I can never get rid of.

With wine, I prefer to stick to dryer wines. They tend to be less calorie-dense and also less chance of the dreaded hangover.

I like most kinds of beer, but if your trying to limit your intake but still want a buzz, I'd recommend Guinness or any beer with a higher alcohol content.

Lastly, I agree that single shots of clear-spirits would be your best bet for getting the most buzz for your buck.

Cheers!

Guinness actually has a fairly low percentage of alcohol (I think around 4%). Also, the higher the percentage, the higher the calories, when it comes to beers (generally speaking).

YUP. Guinness is low-alcohol, high-price and not-so-low calorie. You must be imagining things because it tastes so dark.

Excluding "lite" beers, Guinness is actually one of the lowest calorie beers widely available, and it even compares very favorably on a calorie basis with many "light" mass-market American / Internationally-available beers (like Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona Light, Heineken Light, etc.). Heck, even Clausthaler non-alcoholic beer runs 90 cals for 12 oz. Guinness draught is 125 cals per 12 oz. and by comparison those others I listed run 110, 102, 99 and 99 cals, respectively. The "normal" non-light versions of Coors, Bud, Corona, and Heineken run at higher cals -- 149, 145, 148 and 150, respectively. And compared to some mass market IPAs (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - 175 cals) or even some popular wheats or blondes or lighter-colored beers it is positively light weight! (Pyramid Hefeweizen, Blue Moon, Pilsner Urquell are 168, 164, and 156, respectively). Lots of interesting but more regional stuff (so not likely to be well known to the wide audience of MFP) can be in the 175 - 250 calorie range, too.

And, IMHO, Guinness offers way more flavor than the light beers (though of course that's very subjective and some folks don't like a dark beer). It is lower alcohol than many other varieties, particularly hoppy ales of various types.

If you enjoy a darker beer but are watching calories, don't forget about Guinness!

* (Sorry if this sounds like a Guinness commercial - I enjoy it, and usually people are shocked by the calorie content of it. I have no financial or other interest in anything Guinness-related).

• juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Moscow mules are my new thing:
    Ingredients: 4 oz Ginger beer, 1 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/6 oz Lime juice.

Yummy.