Anyone else boycott....

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    There are good choices at fast food restaurants.

Genetically modified chemical-laden foods....Yummm. Great choice. Wake up, people. This isn't food. This is a machine and you are the hamsters that keep the wheel turing. You don't benefit from this crap at all.

Again.....uh what? :huh:

I can understand your ignorance if you in third grade. If you're older than that you need to google "nutrition".
    And you need to research Orthorexia related to mental wellbeing.

I don't eat it very often now, maybe once every couple of months, but it's fine once in a while, and I can even look forward to the occasional half pounder with cheese from the local Fish and Chip shop.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There's so much crap going on in the world, but people spend their time boycotting fast food restaurants. Try channeling your energy to help a worthy cause.
    Seriously. watch the news. I'm sure you'll find something actually important to keep you occupied.

I'm guessing her boycotting fast food doesn't take up much of her time or energy. There are certain stores and brands I refuse to shop at because of how they treat their employees or the people who make the products, and it costs me pretty much nothing to not shop there. OP didn't say she doesn't care about other things in the world.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Genetically modified chemical-laden foods....Yummm. Great choice. Wake up, people. This isn't food. This is a machine and you are the hamsters that keep the wheel turing. You don't benefit from this crap at all.

Again.....uh what? :huh:

I can understand your ignorance if you in third grade. If you're older than that you need to google "nutrition".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: have fun in your little world
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?

Uh what? :huh:
    wake-up-morning-animated-gif.gif
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I eat fat food and other not so great choices. I eat what I want to eat when I am hungry. So long as it fits in my cal and works for me, I am happy to enjoy it all. I do make healthier choices like if stopping at Burger King (rarely because there are better burger places around) I go for the Whopper Jr or on the regular whopper skip the cheese and mayo. At McDonalds, I get the McWrap. I eat at El Pollo Loco and get the Chicken Salad and skip the dressing to add salsa to it.

I have also consistently lost one pound a week since joining this site. I am down 18.25 lbs in the past 20 weeks and I have absolutely no cravings when it comes to food.

I would love to eat from home all the time and have home cooked meals but
    1) I am busy with a full time job and friends/family
    2) I hate to cook and am only so so at it.
    3) not creative enough to make yummy food or have a palette that can put flavors together to make them yummy.
    4) Most importantly I want to enjoy my life and if friends are going to out to eat, I want to join them. If I am on the run, I dont want to be afraid of the drive thru options,
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I woke up today to the smell and sounds of sizzling bacons. Then with no effort and less time the bacon was in my mouth. Does that count as fast food. And if so, is that bad?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

It's good to know Lay's and Famous Dave's have none of this in them! YES!
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There's so much crap going on in the world, but people spend their time boycotting fast food restaurants. Try channeling your energy to help a worthy cause.
    Seriously. watch the news. I'm sure you'll find something actually important to keep you occupied.

I'm guessing her boycotting fast food doesn't take up much of her time or energy. There are certain stores and brands I refuse to shop at because of how they treat their employees or the people who make the products, and it costs me pretty much nothing to not shop there. OP didn't say she doesn't care about other things in the world.

She spent the time and energy to create a thread about it. It's obviously something she thinks about. I think there are other things we should worry about, rather than blaming fast food for all our problems.

Let's be honest here, fast food is not the issue. People not knowing when to stop stuffing their faces is.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No, I don't boycott fast food because, being a grownup, I eat it in moderation.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest here, fast food is not the issue. People not knowing when to stop stuffing their faces is.

QFT
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No, I don't boycott fast food because, being a grownup, I eat it in moderation.

it's a crazy plan, but it just might work
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I've been boycotting the news for years.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

/end sarcasm
  • hardlygraceful
    Options
    I feel like there are healthy options everywhere, and you just need to pick what's best. Whenever we go to McDonalds (which is extremely rare) I try and choose something that isn't horrible. I normally order the small fries and a fruit and yogurt parfait.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Seeing as how my face got real friendly with a Big Mac and fries the other day, I would say no.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    ...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

News flash: Not every thinks like you (wanting this change) and hopefully that will NEVER be the case. I have a feeling that your perfect world would be my perfect h*ll.

I like my fast food every once in a while and it is a product I will continue to support with my money and my mouth (and all other associated digestive organs).
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I've been boycotting the news for years.

I've been boycotting TV for years. Saved enough to buy myself a brand new car too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg

You had me at "hamburger" :heart: ....just cause the rest don't fit up my macro's. I need those hamburgers to be there though so please no boycotting the fast foods. I would die in a world without Famous Stars and Double Doubles.
  • trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really don't boycott them but then I don't enjoy hamburgers that much. When I do get a craving for one I HAVE to go to In-N-Out. I LOVE THAT PLACE!! When we take road trips which is often, I am glad there are many options for fast food.

I think the industry gets a bad rap by people who abuse fast food.

:heart: In-N-Out, :heart: In-N-Out
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

Why would i boycott or want something to change when i enjoy it so much once in a while?