Anyone else boycott....

Options

Replies

• TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Boycott? Nope.

Avoid? As much as possible.

Try to make sensible choices when I do go to one? Absolutely.

It's a free market, if the market dictates their necessity, well... There you go.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Speaking of which, In n Out sounds delicious right now.

Hey, I've never met anyone who didn't like a little in n out...

Oh, you mean the restaurant.

Carry on.

I had a little In n Out for lunch!
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Boycott? Nope.

Avoid? As much as possible.

Try to make sensible choices when I do go to one? Absolutely.

It's a free market, if the market dictates their necessity, well... There you go.

^^^^^^ This....
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Carry on.

So did I, but probably not the same kind :bigsmile:
  • hautetheory
    Options
    Well, I understand what she is saying. These restaurants serve lab experiments as food and it really isn't food. GMO's produce has DNA from animals for God's sake! That being said, I am an American that believes that we all have the freedom to make our own choices so they should not be banned. I just wish that we were able to have more information on what the "food" actually is, what's in it and how it is made so that we are equipped to make a REAL choice. And a good burger, fries and shake is a pleasure in life that I don't want to give up every now and then.
  • TheBeerRunner
    Options
    For better or worse, nearly everything that you buy that's packaged contains some sort of GMO... Be it the feed that was fed to the animal, or one of the plant derived ingredients in the bread or tortilla, or whatever... It's scary, but it's a fact of life.

Better life through science. Brought to you by Monsanto. :laugh:
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Hey folks........goodness gracious great balls of fire........there ain't no reason to get confrontational, combative, or defensive. If you disagree with me, I promise I'll still accept you for who you are. I hope you'll have it in you to accept me for who I am too if you disagree with me.

I'd like to take this opportunity to make two points that I believe in.

Point One:

Here are some indisputable facts:

1. To produce >one pound< of potatoes = 60 gallons of water

2. To produce >one pound< of wheat = 108 gallons of water

3. To produce >one pound< of corn = 168 gallons of water

4. To produce >one pound< of rice = 229 gallons of water

5 To produce >one pound< of soybeans = 240 gallons of water

6. TO PRODUCE >>>>ONE POUND<<<< OF BEEF = 12,009 GALLONS OF WATER (That's A LOT of water)

The statistics for the amount of water it takes to produce one pound of chicken and one pound of pork I promise you are equally as terrifying.

A LOT of people lose their lives (foreign and domestic) over oil. If you believe in a higher being pray to them within your lifetime, your kids' lifetime, and your kids' kids' lifetime they don't live in this world when we start fighting over water because I promise you our fresh water supply will run out. When that happens, things are going to get way way way more ugly than they are now.

Whatever year it is when the first reports come out of the first major city losing its water supply, none of these reports will point a finger towards the meat industry.

Point Two:

- Every 33 seconds someone in the United States dies from cardiovascular disease.

- 250,000 Americans die annually of Sudden Cardiac Death.

- 680 Americans die >>>>every day<<<< of the year from Sudden Cardiac Death

- Someone I cared about very much died this way. Chances are you were close to someone who passed this way too.

I think it's pretty clear that an animal has a mighty powerful last line of defense. If animals could talk like they do in cartoons, they would say, "If you're gonna be idiotic enough to eat me, then I'll just make you suffer before I kill you by clogging your arteries with my fat".

My vote? I say everyone should sacrifice flavor and convenience in order to give the future of humanity a fighting chance.

Let's just look at some facts so we can put our heads together to make the best decisions. For goodness sake, we all share this planet so we should do what makes most sense...........right?

Yeah......I know.......the flesh of an animal tastes and smells good when heat is applied, but believe it or not within the modern world, there are awesome alternatives that save our water supply and won't clog your arteries.

I agree 100% with the woman who started this topic at 4:44 am. No fast food restaurant will ever get a penny from me. In fact, I've taken it a step further. I even refuse to piss or defecate in their toilets.

I won't bother elaborating about my third point about what they put inside of this fast food meat, but I'll tell ya this.........it ain't no different than smoking a cigarette.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Hey folks........goodness gracious great balls of fire........there ain't no reason to get confrontational, combative, or defensive. If you disagree with me, I promise I'll still accept you for who you are. I hope you'll have it in you to accept me for who I am too if you disagree with me.

Point One:

6. TO PRODUCE >>>>ONE POUND<<<< OF BEEF = 12,009 GALLONS OF WATER (That's A LOT of water)

The statistics for the amount of water it takes to produce one pound of chicken and one pound of pork I promise you are equally as terrifying.

A LOT of people lose their lives (foreign and domestic) over oil. If you believe in a higher being pray to them within your lifetime, your kids' lifetime, and your kids' kids' lifetime they don't live in this world when we start fighting over water because I promise you our fresh water supply will run out. When that happens, things are going to get way way way more ugly than they are now.

Whatever year it is when the first reports come out of the first major city losing its water supply, none of these reports will point a finger towards the meat industry.

Point Two:

- Every 33 seconds someone in the United States dies from cardiovascular disease.

- Someone I cared about very much died this way. Chances are you were close to someone who passed this way too.

I think it's pretty clear that an animal has a mighty powerful last line of defense. If animals could talk like they do in cartoons, they would say, "If you're gonna be idiotic enough to eat me, then I'll just make you suffer before I kill you by clogging your arteries with my fat".

My vote? I say everyone should sacrifice flavor and convenience in order to give the future of humanity a fighting chance.

Let's just look at some facts so we can put our heads together to make the best decisions. For goodness sake, we all share this planet so we should do what makes most sense...........right?

Yeah......I know.......the flesh of an animal tastes and smells good when heat is applied, but believe it or not within the modern world, there are awesome alternatives that save our water supply and won't clog your arteries.

I agree 100% with the woman who started this topic at 4:44 am. No fast food restaurant will ever get a penny from me. In fact, I've taken it a step further. I even refuse to piss or defecate in their toilets.

I won't bother elaborating about my third point about what they put inside of this fast food meat, but I'll tell ya this.........it ain't no different than smoking a cigarette.

tinhatchick_zps6dbad15b.jpg
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Carry on.

You said you wouldn't tell!:angry:
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Who would've thought that the internet was full of conspiracy theory nutters...
  • TheBeerRunner
    Options

Point One:

Point Two:

UmpOi.gif
    P39vcWN.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Point One:

Point Two:

^^^^ This. And now if we could only get some indisputable facts about how aliens were responsible for the Kennedy assassination. Or was that bigfoot. I think contrails are making people fat too but that all apart of a big pharma conspiracy to up the rates of different cancers.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Carry on.

probably with your exes!
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options

Name calling is the least effective form of argument.

That wasn't very nice of you. Tell me you are sorry for referring to me as a "conspiracy theory nutter".

Wait.........you know what......scratch that.......I forgive you.

Are you implying the statistics I provided you are inaccurate?

Truth hurts doesn't it?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Nope. I boycott ideas from those that say eating junk/fast food makes it impossible to lose weight. I don't condone eating it EVERYDAY, but once or twice a week (that's me) hasn't hampered my fitness or physique at all in the last 30 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Name calling is the least effective form of argument.

That wasn't very nice of you. Tell me you are sorry for referring to me as a "conspiracy theory nutter".

Wait.........you know what......scratch that.......I forgive you.

Are you implying the statistics I provided you are inaccurate?

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Oh. I wasn't trying to get in an argument with you, I recognize a lost cause. I do appreciate your forgiveness though. :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Carry on.

probably with your exes!

Friends, how many of us have them...friends, one's we can depend on. Let's be friends!

I always try to break up on friendly terms. Not entirely for this reason.
  • TheBeerRunner
    Options

^^^^ This. And now if we could only get some indisputable facts about how aliens were responsible for the Kennedy assassination. Or was that bigfoot. I think contrails are making people fat too but that all apart of a big pharma conspiracy to up the rates of different cancers.

The chemtrails are planting government mind control chips in all of us, and they're making us want to eat fast food, potato chips, drink 64 oz glasses of Coca Cola, and pollute all our water so we can go to war with another country.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Point One:

Point Two:

again with the appropriate profiles and then what is posted. in this case "geyser". (what is it lately with those? MFP seems to be evolving in self awareness.)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    ...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

Yeah. Keep fighting the good fight.

tumblr_mi1me64v9d1rqfhi2o1_250.gif