What is your main "go to meal" when you need to feel full, satisfied and staying on track?Heres mine

Options
Easy veggie soup recipe
In a big pot boil chopped onion,celery, carrots in one box of chicken stock until slightly tender.
Add another box chicken stock, then add one jar of whole tomatoes torn apart, sliced yellow and green squash, chopped red pepper, cabbage. Salt, pepper or other spices. This will get better each day and two cups for a nutritious meal will fill you up and keep you on target for weight loss. For those who want more protein eat chicken, nuts, cottage cheese etc. this is just my go to meal that keeps it real.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This sounds similar to the soup in the cabbage soup diet.
    Agreed that soup does keep me full with very few calories
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    A salmon fillet with steamed sweet potatoes and broccoli. +butter.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »

I had salmon with spinach tonight and was left feeling starving :(

My high volume dinner is 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams yellow squash, 75 grams tomato, 50 grams mushroom, 50 grams onion, garlic -all cooked with chalula chipotle hot sauce, along with 6 oz of ground turkey...all stirred together with a laughing cow cheese (which ends up making a delicious creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce). Bout 400 calories depending on how/if any oil you use, etc.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

My high volume dinner is 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams yellow squash, 75 grams tomato, 50 grams mushroom, 50 grams onion, garlic -all cooked with chalula chipotle hot sauce, along with 6 oz of ground turkey...all stirred together with a laughing cow cheese (which ends up making a delicious creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce). Bout 400 calories depending on how/if any oil you use, etc.

Those Laughing Cow wedges are awesome! I always have at least one "wheel" in the fridge, especially the garlic & herb. Your recipe sounds yummo :)
  • jddnw
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Chocolate cake.

With a serving* of vanilla ice cream.

* 1 pint
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake.

With a serving* of vanilla ice cream.

* 1 pint

I like rocky road :smiley:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    SlateCity4 wrote: »
    Easy veggie soup recipe
    In a big pot boil chopped onion,celery, carrots in one box of chicken stock until slightly tender.
    Add another box chicken stock, then add one jar of whole tomatoes torn apart, sliced yellow and green squash, chopped red pepper, cabbage. Salt, pepper or other spices. This will get better each day and two cups for a nutritious meal will fill you up and keep you on target for weight loss. For those who want more protein eat chicken, nuts, cottage cheese etc. this is just my go to meal that keeps it real.

This is not easy. Chopping onions, celery, carrots, and tearing a jar of whole tomatoes is not easy. Add to that slicing yellow and green squash (did you mean to say zucchini?) chopping red pepper, and cabbage, and whew! you've burned up more calories than you will eat. Much easier to get a can of spaghetti sauce and add frozen mixed vegetables to it. That's easy.
  • jddnw
    Options

I do an 8 ounce fillet with a medium sweet potato topped with a tbsp of butter. Fills me up. Your meal sounds good too.
  • uptomischief96
    uptomischief96 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious meal last night that wasn't too bad.. By my standards that is :P
    I made a vegetarian curry with butter chicken sauce, (Hehe, vegetarian and chicken in the same sentence)
    it had chickpea, potato, capsicum, onion, peas, beans, carrot and cauliflower. :)
    I normally do chicken and chickpea but decided to do a vegetable dish instead, was delicious and very filling. :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Those Laughing Cow wedges are awesome! I always have at least one "wheel" in the fridge, especially the garlic & herb. Your recipe sounds yummo :)

They are amazing. I think this recipe sounds boring but basically it tastes like hamburger helper...except with ground turkey. I eat it like 4 nights a week ha
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3 scrambled eggs with 50g smoked salmon and bok choy, plus half an avocado. This always fills me up!
  • arditarose
    Options

I do an 8 ounce fillet with a medium sweet potato topped with a tbsp of butter. Fills me up. Your meal sounds good too.

ah! Larger piece than me. I only saw the broccoli before too.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillet, with half an avacado, and sautteed mushrooms in butter or olive oil. Fat fills me up.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add crunchy natural peanut butter fills me up for hours, but strangely almond butter does not have the same effect on me.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think I need to bookmark this thread an come back for meal ideas!
    My favorite is pretty much some kind of Mexican bowl/taco salad. Pinto beans, little bit of cheese, taco meat or chopped chicken if I have it handy, tomatoes, lettuce or other greens, little bit of sour cream (or cottage cheese), avocado if I have some-- it's delicious! But I also second the soup=low calorie and filling. I'm always shocked when I input my soup recipes how big the serving size is for (often) under 300 cals a bowl!
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Honestly, this sounds so delicious.

I go for baked chicken, brown rice, and 1 to 2 servings of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...whatever is on hand!)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake.
    I have found a dozen mini cupcakes to be very filling.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    3 0z tuna with 2 egg whites, some greek yogurt and buffalo sauce in between 2 slices wheat bread. I add spinach and a couple slices of tomato/mushrooms. Quick and easy sandwich..keep me feeling full for awhile! It's in between tuna salad/ egg salad sandwich...perfect IMO :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    I forgot to add crunchy natural peanut butter fills me up for hours, but strangely almond butter does not have the same effect on me.

It fills me up too. My problem is, once I start I can't stop!!