What is your main "go to meal" when you need to feel full, satisfied and staying on track?Heres mine

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Big fat salad with lots of vegetables and a hunk of protein.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Either grilled chicken and green beans or turkey chili. Both have a good amount of protein. The turkey chili happens to have a lot of carbs (all the beans) and a good amount of fiber so its a good mix of all the nutrients I need when my tummy is growling at me. Top it with cheese to make the protein/fat/carb ratio damn near perfect.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    When I was losing and really needed a fill-me-up low cal meal: Chicken stir fried with broccoli slaw, over riced cauliflower. With a couple T of teriyaki sauce and as much chicken as my calories allowed.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A chicken sausage with a cup of quinoa and mixed veg on the side. So easy, so filling!
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    this week my favorite filling meal is 1 egg and 2 whites with mushrooms and spinach in an omelet and half a slice of swiss cheese. Its very yummy and keeps me full for hours
  • jessicadb2
    jessicadb2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like a couple egg whites or whole eggs, some beans, and a sweet potato. All that is very low calorie and fills me up for a long time. It is very satisfying.

• jessicadb2
    Options
    jessicadb2 wrote: »
    I like a couple egg whites or whole eggs, some beans, and a sweet potato. All that is very low calorie and fills me up for a long time. It is very satisfying.

Another food that is very satisfying for me is 1 cup of organic oatmeal.
  • jessicadb2
    Options
    I also like salads with a meat and low calorie yogurt dressing. Those are very filling and low calorie.

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    pork chop with 2-3 servings of broccoli and risotto. Which is nice, because it is my picky daughters favorite meal too
  • maddisondavey
    maddisondavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    chicken breast (seasoned with whatever I feel like that day), baked sweet potato with some spread on it, and steamed broccoli and carrots. Super yum, filling and low cal. :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Cereal (I prefer Kashi.) w/3 hardboiled egg whites. Yum!
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken quinoa bites over spinach. Lots of protein and super delicious!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,002 Member
    Options
    Normally an 8oz lamb burger with some kind of smoked pork product on top....crispy pork belly when I can get it or make it.
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    100g oatmeal, 50g whey, 45g pb, 50g frozen sour cherries for taste. Some 900 cals of goodness.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SlateCity4 wrote: »
    Easy veggie soup recipe
    In a big pot boil chopped onion,celery, carrots in one box of chicken stock until slightly tender.
    Add another box chicken stock, then add one jar of whole tomatoes torn apart, sliced yellow and green squash, chopped red pepper, cabbage. Salt, pepper or other spices. This will get better each day and two cups for a nutritious meal will fill you up and keep you on target for weight loss. For those who want more protein eat chicken, nuts, cottage cheese etc. this is just my go to meal that keeps it real.

This is not easy. Chopping onions, celery, carrots, and tearing a jar of whole tomatoes is not easy. Add to that slicing yellow and green squash (did you mean to say zucchini?) chopping red pepper, and cabbage, and whew! you've burned up more calories than you will eat. Much easier to get a can of spaghetti sauce and add frozen mixed vegetables to it. That's easy.

Chopping veggies is... hard? And you're always on about people being too lazy to exercise?

Spaghetti sauce with frozen veggies just made my Italian grandmother roll over in her grave.

My "volume" meal is about 260 grams of spiralized zucchini with Explore Asian mung bean and edamame fettucini and mushrooms or red pepper and tomato sauce. It makes a huge bowl of food.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    jddnw wrote: »
    A salmon fillet with steamed sweet potatoes and broccoli. +butter.

I had salmon with spinach tonight and was left feeling starving :(

My high volume dinner is 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams yellow squash, 75 grams tomato, 50 grams mushroom, 50 grams onion, garlic -all cooked with chalula chipotle hot sauce, along with 6 oz of ground turkey...all stirred together with a laughing cow cheese (which ends up making a delicious creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce). Bout 400 calories depending on how/if any oil you use, etc.

I'm a vegetarian and would leave out the meat, but the idea of a sauce forming out of the cheese and hot sauce sounds so good that I have to think of some way to do something with this idea.

• jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bababs89 wrote: »
    Buffalo chicken quinoa bites over spinach. Lots of protein and super delicious!

This is a recipe I want!

• SlateCity4
    SlateCity4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

My high volume dinner is 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams yellow squash, 75 grams tomato, 50 grams mushroom, 50 grams onion, garlic -all cooked with chalula chipotle hot sauce, along with 6 oz of ground turkey...all stirred together with a laughing cow cheese (which ends up making a delicious creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce). Bout 400 calories depending on how/if any oil you use, etc.

I'm a vegetarian and would leave out the meat, but the idea of a sauce forming out of the cheese and hot sauce sounds so good that I have to think of some way to do something with this idea.

Your sauce sounds delicious. Thanks!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3 oz. rotisserie chicken breast, no skin, chopped up. A stalk of celery, a few handfuls of lettuce or spinach, about 5 diced grapes, a sprinkle of chopped almonds. Then I add a dressing of 1 T. olive oil mayo, a bit of Dijon, and some red wine vinegar. I mix it all up and eat it with a slice of whole grain bread... I put some of the salad in the sandwich, then eat the rest with a fork. It's about 400 calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Oh I did it tonight without the meat, and with spinach added. Was still yummy. Ate it with a spoon.