What is your main "go to meal" when you need to feel full, satisfied and staying on track?Heres mine

Options

Replies

• melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    for breakfast, 1/3 cup quick oats made with water, add in a small sliced banana and a bit of cinnamon.

for dinner, 2 four oz tilapia fillets and whatever veggies appeal to me at the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla with either lunch meat and cheese, or avocado, peppers, spinach and shrimp.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I had a big egg/veggie scramble last night before my run that was filling.
    In 1/2tbsp olive oil, threw in some garlic, onion, asparagus, spinach, celery, 1/2c wholegrain brown rice, 2 eggs and scrambled it all together.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in a pan, chuck in some bacon and mushrooms, Worcester sauce and salt n pepper. That was my free meal I lived off when I was on slimming world
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pack of quick noodles, mushrooms and bean sprouts with soy sauce light yum
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado on Ezekiel toast with strawberries.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    roasted broccoli/cauliflower/yams with coconut oil and seasonings (garlic/paprika/cayenne) and chicken sausage sliced up and pan fried with coconut oil spray. I usually make enough for a couple lunches/dinners.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I make a giant egg white omelet with spinach, caramelized onions, peppers, FF cottage cheese, a slice or two of turkey bacon and salsa. Sometimes I will caramelize a bunch of bean sprouts in a bit of soy sauce as a chutney to dump on top. Its filling and good.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Love this post.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    For real meals, depends too much on personal preferences.

For a quick snack:
    mix a can of tuna or a container of greek yogurt with unsalted (or lightly salted if tuna) shelled seeds or nuts.

Not much volume but it's quite filling and tasty.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If I'm tight on calories or it's early in the day I do a scrambled egg or two with a piece of ham, bacon, or pepperoni and a sprinkle of cheese. I could eat this three times a day. I'm an egg and salty meat kind of person.

If I'm not tight on calories my quick go-to is a big hamburger patty (cooked from frozen for quick prep), topped with cheese, with Brussels sprouts (also from the freezer) and butter on the side.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A lean cut of lemonpeppered turkey with a cup of sweet corn mixed with wild rice is a favourite, and also sauteed brussels sprouts with leek and/or spinach in lightly salted goat butter, with an egg or two thrown on top of the frying pan before turning the fire down.
  • LittleJem01
    LittleJem01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A low fat Cumberland sausage with a slice of thick cut smoked back bacon and a poached egg in a wholemeal wrap with a little tomato ketchup. Full-on comfort food for 310 calories, and if I'm extra hungry I'll double up on the sausage and bacon and it's still only 431. My idea of heaven :smiley:
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, some potato or sweet potato (if I have calories to spare) covered in a sautéed mushrooms with a little gravy. I sautee 2 cups of sliced mushroom, add some powdered gravy and then a cup of water to make a mushroom gravy. I'm sure it is high sodium but it makes a bowl of delicious!
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i love sauteeing spinach, onions and cannellini beans/chickpeas, adding lots of balsamic vinegar and crushed red pepper and then serving this mixture over a baked sweet potato. delicious, satisfying and very nutritious.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bfast = oatmeal, scrambled egg with onions and peppers
    Lunch = Greek yogurt, apple or banana, cucumber slices
    Dinner = Grilled Chicken, Rice or Sweet Potato, veggies (salad or zucchini or broccoli)
    Snack = hard boiled eggs and 1/2 apple or yogurt fruit smoothie or 1/2 cup ice cream
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I put a big amount of frozen broccoli in a non stick pan and add some soy sauce. I wait until almost done, then I add tofu and tomatoes. Nothing else. I may be weird, but it is amazing with a huge portion of mustard on the side.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is one of the most satisfying things on the planet for me, and it's quick to prepare: zap in the microwave and you're done. Potatoes tend to keep me full for ages and don't require much to prepare, I just wash them, cut them into quick wedges, toss them with olive oil, rosemary and garlic and into the oven.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Cereal with almond milk. Or a tomato sandwich and glass of almond milk. Or an egg white omelet. With almond milk.