What is your definition of "dessert?"

Options
MoRiv1986
MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
I am learning to equate "dessert" with fruit. I have been eating watermelon and other fruits as my dessert lately, and it tastes just as good. Here in Korea, the Koreans eat fruit as dessert, not the sweet stuff that Americans eat. I hope to make this a habit.

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt for me, whether plain or with a fruit layer.

I love fruit, but I don't consider it pudding unfortunately.
  • TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with/and fruit! Anything else usually is a (restaurant) treat P:
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me dessert is a sweet treat eaten after dinner. Frequently it's fruit, but once in a while its still a cookie or little ice cream!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.
  • SarahG2013
    SarahG2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Typically my dessert is frozen berries (with no added sugar), light whipped topping, and sometimes half a graham cracker. I still eat fruit during the day, so the whipped topping is the treat really!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    eating cheesecake till I find myself disgusted by myself and then wait a couple of hours before eating some more...

Then I go to bed cryign myself while making promises of going back to diet when I wake up only to wake up at around noon and thinking "Well, the day is ruined anyways, might as well. Gonna start diet tomorrow" and then I order pizza and chicken wings and promise the delivery guy to tip him extra if he'll pick up a tub of ice cream on his way over.

And that is the circle of fat life.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My definition of dessert is still a sweet treat. NOT fruit. I wish it were fruit, but it's not
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything sweet...fruit is fine, or jello, or yogurt....or a cupcake now and then. In the summer I like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches..very satisfying for 150 calories.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It used to be eton mess, profiteroles, or crumble (cobbler, for you Americans). Now its 10 calorie jellies or yogurt or muller rice.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.

<= Why not both together?
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Maybe with some greek yoghurt if i havent had any dairy that day. I bring fruit along to other peoples houses now so all my friends r used to plain fruit salad. Itss yummy in qld here..dont understand why we dont eat more of it
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    my definition of dessert is something chocolaty and ice-creamy. i cannot, for the life of me, call fruit dessert. so, well, here i am, dessert-ing on magnum classic (mini these days)
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.

tumblr_mbuof8AEml1rh5v8ao1_500_zps3ba2e471.gif
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    a piece of fruit when I'm eating homemade meal, if i'm eating out then piece of fruit or yogurt or cake or icecream
    those are the options you have where I live.
    when we have big family lunch /dinner then it's fruit and cake comes with coffe about 1 h later
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.

tumblr_mbuof8AEml1rh5v8ao1_500_zps3ba2e471.gif

Guinness Stout and vanilla ice cream, though there seems to be a running debate in my house between chocolate vs. vanilla ice cream. Personally I like vanilla floats and my wife likes chocolate. While the debate has gotten heated on occasion, we have worked out a compromise that on her birthday and Mother's Day it's chocolate, and on my birthday and Father's Day it's vanilla.

Aside from that, dark chocolate, truffles, cheese cake, birthday cake, chocolate chip cookies, milk shakes, apple pie, and key lime pie are among my favorites.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am learning to equate "dessert" with fruit. I have been eating watermelon and other fruits as my dessert lately, and it tastes just as good. Here in Korea, the Koreans eat fruit as dessert, not the sweet stuff that Americans eat. I hope to make this a habit.
    This is the way it is in many countries around the world.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    For me it depends what type of day it is

If i give myself a cheat dessert i will have cake ( havent had that kind of sweets though in about 45 days and not missing it)

IF its a normal dessert i will have fruit or sometimes a chocolate protein bar or fiber one brownie depending what i am craving....

I usually dont have dessert thu any more.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Something I really want that satisfies a craving. Usually ice cream or chocolate, sometimes a cookie or cheesecake, often wine or beer, and on the rare occasion a bag of chips. Dessert = treat. Fruit isn't a treat to me, it's necessary for my micronutrient intake, and it's usually breakfast. I lived in Singapore for 6 years where I got served fruit for dessert and still failed to adopt that as a habit... Ice cream's just too good.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Anything I choose to eat or drink after finishing the meal "proper," merely for the enjoyment of that extra course, is dessert.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I do try to eat a lot of fruit every day. We usually keep chocolate-peanut butter spread on hand and sometimes no-bake cookies, although the cookies will sometimes go bad before we finish them.