What is your definition of "dessert?"

Options

Replies

• AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.

<= Why not both together?

YES! I've had a beer float with Belgian Malbec Beer - Raspberry or Peach flavor - it's strange but delish!!

In answer to the question... I'm saving my calories for more veggies, so I limit fruit to 1 or 1 1/2 pieces of fruit a day until I lose more weight. So right now fruit is dessert. I don't have a huge sweet tooth thankfully so I'm not really craving sugary stuff.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, pies, pastries, etc.
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    pizza....
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We sometimes make fruit salads, my kids love helping to make them. We serve it with vanilla quark. And I make chocolate covered frozen bananas and smoothie popsicles for them.

I don't really have desserts that often. But I'm looking forward to my daughters birthday next month, cause I'm going to get to bake cakes and eat them. I love baking and decorating cakes, but I haven't done it lately. Cause it's not a good idea for me to have cakes in the house.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My dessert is something sweet that I consider decadent and doesn't contribute to good nutrition.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    My definition of dessert: something I dream of but never eat anymore. :sad:

I guess the closest I come is a casein shake with PB2 after dinner.
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    i have a severe chocolate addiction (can eat a whole tescos chocolate gateau and drink 2 litres of chocolate milkshake and i still want more) so im finding it very difficult to cut it out all together. currently im having a penquin bar or 2 if im good and some onken vanilla yoghurt. i dont like fruit except banana really
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Guinness Stout and vanilla ice cream, though there seems to be a running debate in my house between chocolate vs. vanilla ice cream. Personally I like vanilla floats and my wife likes chocolate. While the debate has gotten heated on occasion, we have worked out a compromise that on her birthday and Mother's Day it's chocolate, and on my birthday and Father's Day it's vanilla.

Inspirational, I'm giving that a go.

I have ice cream daily, that's my dessert, Neapolitan at the moment and very,very creamy.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sex??
  • zazielascaux
    zazielascaux Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pineapple or watermelon-once a week as a real treat. Lost 7lbs and 2 inches of my waist in 3 days when I realised fructose really didn't agree with me and switches to veggies. My tummy was like a balloon shrinking visibly before my eyes for three days. I did miss it at first, but ocassionally I binge and the pain makes me regret it. Anything with refined sugar is off the menu for the same reason.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or beer.

<= Why not both together?

I had a beer float at Red Robin made with Guinness and ice cream.

It was amazing.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    sex??

More like desert for me.

That's what a few years of marriage will do for ya ;)
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pineapple or watermelon-once a week as a real treat. Lost 7lbs and 2 inches of my waist in 3 days when I realised fructose really didn't agree with me and switches to veggies. My tummy was like a balloon shrinking visibly before my eyes for three days. I did miss it at first, but ocassionally I binge and the pain makes me regret it. Anything with refined sugar is off the menu for the same reason.

I tend to have issues with certain fruits as well.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    sex??

More like desert for me.

That's what a few years of marriage will do for ya ;)

Lol.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am learning to equate "dessert" with fruit. I have been eating watermelon and other fruits as my dessert lately, and it tastes just as good. Here in Korea, the Koreans eat fruit as dessert, not the sweet stuff that Americans eat. I hope to make this a habit.

What is my definition?

A woman.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i truly consider cake, ice cream and chocolate dessert. but now that it is summer i am eating more fruit ( melons, pineapples, apples and berries ). since Hass avocado are on sale right now 10 for 10$ i am making avocado smoothies with frozen strawberries and a few frozen grapes- mixed with 2% milk or coconut milk. it is simular to the Filipino milkshake, but i'm not adding the ice cream right now.
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Manchego cheese with quince jam
    fruit
    flan
    yogurt
    cream custard burned......
    All spanish desserts!usually not cakes or ice cream...
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Given my Ma's reluctance to cook puddings, it was always a choice between fruit or yoghurt. Now I am a grown man, I tend to have both.

The only 'unhealthy' foods I dont care for are desserts, especially the stodgy 'traditional English' type ones (Jam tart, steamed sponges etc)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If I go for something that's a little sweet after dinner like yogurt mixed with jam/fruit/or maple syrup, apple or banana with PB, strawberries etc. I call it "dessert". If I go for something out of the norm like nuts, cheese etc. then it's a 'snack.'
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    On those rare occasions when I'm able to indulge, it's creme brulee or some type of cheese cake. But the majority of the time it's Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O and Light Cool Whip. Does the trick every time....