Feeling sick after eating eggs?

Options

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I would be so sad if I couldn't eat eggs. I hope you figure it out.

That's what I was curious about. I own chickens and would like to eat their eggs.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You said in the OP you felt sick after eating 3 hardboiled eggs - maybe your body just doesn't like eggs in that quantity. Try eating one. If you're sick then, I'd leave the eggs alone. I'm sure if you went to the doctor they could advise you about ruling out allergies/intolerances.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    OP, I am curious about something.

You've mentioned 3 instances of something happening when you ate eggs. One of which couldn't have been caused by eggs.

You also said that this morning was the first time you thought that maybe there was a connection between the eggs and your stomach upset.

How many times in your life have you eaten eggs by themselves?
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    These little anecdotes sound like picky eaters have convinced their families that they're the specialest snowflakes walking.

you're one judgemental lady aren't you lol

• giannigreco83
    Options
    I would be so sad if I couldn't eat eggs. I hope you figure it out.

I would be devastated

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just stop eating eggs? They are full of saturated fat, cholesterol, and carcinogens- surley it will be good that you wont miss them?

Wut?
  • giannigreco83
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Why don't you just stop eating eggs? They are full of saturated fat, cholesterol, and carcinogens- surley it will be good that you wont miss them?

Wut?

a troll apparently.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

What???? :o

Obvious troll is obvious. Just ignore them.

Unfortunately, some people actually believe it, so possibly not a troll - and even if they are, others may who read it.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    OP, I am curious about something.

You've mentioned 3 instances of something happening when you ate eggs. One of which couldn't have been caused by eggs.

You also said that this morning was the first time you thought that maybe there was a connection between the eggs and your stomach upset.

How many times in your life have you eaten eggs by themselves?

I used to eat them quite a bit as a child, but it was usually just one at a time. When I got older, I used them more for baking. The only time I really eat plain eggs, is if I work very late and want to make a quick meal when I get home.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: I would just go and see a doctor to rule out medical reasons.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    For those of you saying 'why continue eating eggs if I'm convinced they're making me sick', I just found this out TODAY.
    The last time I threw up, I blamed it on dehydration. The last time I felt sick from hard boiled eggs, I assumed it was from an energy drink I had afterwards.

It wasn't until I ate breakfast this morning that I finally considered the eggs to be the source.

You are considering eating eggs in the future after deciding that you're likely sensitive if not allergic to eggs, and seem to be justifying the continued consumption based on owning your own chickens.

THAT is why at least some people are saying you should just stop eating them and asking why you'd keep eating them.

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think I'm slightly allergic to eggs. I get really tired when I eat them, it's weird. For years I thought that couldn't be right and would eat them anyway, but it happens every time. Baked goods don't bother me.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Good lord this has become a negative thread. All I wanted to know was if anyone else had experiences with what I did.

It took a few people to become negative, which than made others negative. If what I asked annoys or confuses you, why are you still trying to cause problems on this thread?

We are supposed to be motivators for each other. So stop trying to make yourself feel better by trying to make others look stupid.
  • giannigreco83
    Options
    Good lord this has become a negative thread. All I wanted to know was if anyone else had experiences with what I did.

It took a few people to become negative, which than made others negative. If what I asked annoys or confuses you, why are you still trying to cause problems on this thread?

We are supposed to be motivators for each other. So stop trying to make yourself feel better by trying to make others look stupid.

:(

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    First of all, two of you are very negative and not supportive one bit. So why are you here?

Second off, eggs are healthy and I have six chickens giving me free eggs. I don't want to stop eating them, I was curious if others had this feeling.

LOL ..

you have two choices..

stop eating eggs
    figure out why you barf when you only eat eggs by themselves.

maybe add some olive oil to the pan and see if that works..

if that is negative, I am sorry ...
  • My_Butt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    First of all, two of you are very negative and not supportive one bit. So why are you here?

Second off, eggs are healthy and I have six chickens giving me free eggs. I don't want to stop eating them, I was curious if others had this feeling.

LOL ..

you have two choices..

stop eating eggs
    figure out why you barf when you only eat eggs by themselves.

maybe add some olive oil to the pan and see if that works..

if that is negative, I am sorry ...

Eggs will become my source of ipecac.
  • sorbus33rowan
    sorbus33rowan Posts: 36 Member
    Options

It's the truth though? Eggs are incredibly unhealthy from the research I've seen.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's the truth though? Eggs are incredibly unhealthy from the research I've seen.

No it's not.

Please cite this research.

Thanks!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Was the research done in 1953?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I developed this problem a few years ago. I never had any issues with eggs before, but then suddenly I had. Turns out I developed a new allergy to egg whites. Try boiling an egg, scraping off the white with a knife without reaching the yolk (alternatively fry it sunny side up and cut off the white) then eat it. If it causes problems, chances are you may have an egg white allergy. If it does nothing, it could be either a yolk allergy or problems with sulfur.