Whenever I eat my calore deficit I don't lose weight

Options

Replies

• CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't need to leave any because there are actually some decent people who have left some great advice. My advice is for the haters that come in here with their egos a little too big and spread hate for someone asking a pretty simple question. I hope you all have a super wonderful day.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Take a packed lunch - it'll save you money and you'll know exactly what you're eating.

Are you exercising? If not, do it.

Sounds like you've already lost loads. How often do you weigh yourself? Do you measure too your waist and hips too?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Take a packed lunch - it'll save you money and you'll know exactly what you're eating.

Are you exercising? If not, do it.

Sounds like you've already lost loads. How often do you weigh yourself? Do you measure too your waist and hips too?

LOL
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't need to leave any because there are actually some decent people who have left some great advice. My advice is for the haters that come in here with their egos a little too big and spread hate for someone asking a pretty simple question. I hope you all have a super wonderful day.

Where are the haters in the thread? The people who pointed out incorrect advice or things that aren't factual? That's a hater?!? There have been plenty of people who have provided the OP with good, solid advice.... I haven't seen anyone with their ego on display.

It might be a little early to turn this into a "mean people" thread.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Where are the haters in the thread? The people who pointed out incorrect advice or things that aren't factual? That's a hater?!? There have been plenty of people who have provided the OP with good, solid advice.... I haven't seen anyone with their ego on display.

It might be a little early to turn this into a "mean people" thread.

If MFP has taught me anything, it's that it is never too early for some people to turn it into a "mean people" thread.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Haters?? I thought everyone here was being surprisingly nice, actually (other than possibly the people saying op was a troll, but I think most of them have offered advice since then).
  • Tweakfish
    Tweakfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ajocec wrote: »
    I am 5'6 currently 180. SW 220, started MFP at 196 Mid-March. I know that is a big weight loss however that has been because of the days I've eaten very little. I do not weigh my food as I have a daily job. I do always log as accurately as possible. Thank you for your help with this!
    So you believe that people that weigh there foods don't have jobs?

I'm looking at my fancy scale while sitting at my fancy job.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How is 16 pounds in a month "not losing" and how do I get on that train?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ajocec wrote: »
    my calorie deficit is only set to 1200, but when I eat the 1200 or even close to that I either gain weight or stay the same. I exercise 5 days a week and very rarely eat back any of my exercise calories. I drink at least 4 liters of water a day. What am I doing wrong?

No, this is not accurate. If you were truly eating 1200 calories and exercising 5 days a week you would be losing weight.

Do you weigh your food and log everything you eat? Do you ensure accurate calories by reading packages and doing your own research? The MFP database is often not accurate as to calories in.

Do you log your exercise burns, as well as eat your calories back? Where do you get these estimates from? Phone apps, MFP, gym machines, and internet sources tend to WAY overestimate calorie burns. If you use one of these sources I suggest you do not eat all your exercise calories back.

Setting any medical issue aside, you are most likely underestimating calories in and overestimating calories burned, thus you are eating at maintenance.

ETA: I just saw your diary. It does appear to me you are not weighing your food and your exercise calories are WAY overestimated.

Also, since you've lost weight, how long have you been unable to lose? 44 pounds is really not that much. Have you allowed MFP to adjust your calories down with each ten pounds you have lost? This is important because we don't need as many calories as we get smaller.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Complains about haters being mean. Is mean in return. Logic.
    8jc6e29m8qt6.gif

OP, I'm with the people recommending you weigh and measure your food. It's a good start to figure out what's up.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Lol - what does having a job have to do with weighing food?

I use a postage meter to weigh my food in grams at work!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    katsmo wrote: »
    Sixteen pounds in a month sounds like you are losing very successfully. When you are stalled or in a plateau, this is a good eye opener:
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/comment-page-1/#comments

Quoted so OP knows to read this article. I thought it was hilarious.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Or, worse, his bacon smells like stamps.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are just mean. Poor wording or choices of words on the OP post. The topic is posted under weight loss and help, therefore this person is looking for help. We all aren't equipped with the right tools to lose weight or start an exercise/health plan. The most important thing is that this person is starting and trying to better her habits by seeking advice on here. Remember back to when you were starting and the questions you had (dumb or not). Be kind people. Be kind.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1088600/dear-mean-people-of-mfp
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »

So your stamps smell like bacon?

I'd buy those stamps.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »

So your stamps smell like bacon?

I'd eat those stamps.

FIFY

I wanted to put lick, but I don't think you guys have licky stamps anymore?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    To the original poster, I am unclear on the situation, even after reading through all the posts.

Are you saying, as it seems to me you are, that the day after you eat 1200 calories your weight goes up? If that is the case first, stop weighing yourself every day. Daily weight fluctuation are very normal even up to 4-5 pounds. An increase in what you eat can result in weight going up even when fat stores have not increased because of 1) Extra water held to digest and process the food through your system, 2) Replenishing the energy stores of your muscles which because depleted from extreme calorie restriction as that energy stored in your muscles requires a certain amount of water to be stored as well. 3) The food still being in your digestive tract which has its own weight which it added to the total weight of your body.

Your weight loss, if the 16 pounds in 4 weeks mentioned in the above posts is correct, is going extremely fast. While you may find that encouraging, such a fast loss is not beneficial in the long term as much of it will come from muscle mass and that will make it more likely for you to gain back the weight, and if (more likely when) that happens, more of what you gain back will be fat as muscle is much more difficult to put on. Set your goal to one pound per week. Eat the calorie goal that is set including at least half of your exercise calories, and for the first 3 weeks, don't weigh yourself as that increase in calories will result in weight going up for the reasons mentioned above and more, even while you may be losing some fat. Also, stop using just the scale to measure your progress. Take a picture of where you are now, and take measurements (at least chest, waist, and hips). These will be much more indicative of your progress than the scale alone will be.