Whenever I eat my calore deficit I don't lose weight

Options

Replies

• teresadberg
    teresadberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been over weight for my entire life. I have yo yo-ed and have had a very difficult time with losing weight and keeping it off. Over the years I can tell you that for me, and for me only (I can hardly speak for anyone else) my head needs more attention than my scale. Losing weight is so simple, it's calories in and calories out right? Wrong! there are so many other factors that can play into it like sleep, stress, hormones. If it was as simple as calories in and calories out then there would be a lot of miracle pill companies out of business. When making food choices if I have multiple choice of the same item I choose the higher of the caloried ones...because I know ME! I will lie to myself and that evil inner voice will say it really wasn't that much. I have also got a Fitbit, that little bugger never lies about my steps. Once I get my daily intake in control and still don't lose I start to look at my environment, how happy have I been, how well have I been sleeping, how are my relationships with family friends and co-workers? There is always and answer to the question of why the weight isn't coming off. And if I don't see some loss over several months, like 4-6 I would talk to my doctor because there could be an underlying issue that could be serious. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist or a personal trainer, I am a over weight middle aged, middle classed woman who has the same problem all of us have or none of us would be here. Life is hard, but it's hard for ALL of us. I come here for encouragement or ideas to help me get through the days when I want to throw in the damn towel and say to hell with it all. I hope I have been able to provide that to someone else who may read this. So OP, hang in there buddy. Be careful with how much you're eating, keep moving it's more important to do that than just losing weight, and don't give up!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are just mean. Poor wording or choices of words on the OP post. The topic is posted under weight loss and help, therefore this person is looking for help. We all aren't equipped with the right tools to lose weight or start an exercise/health plan. The most important thing is that this person is starting and trying to better her habits by seeking advice on here. Remember back to when you were starting and the questions you had (dumb or not). Be kind people. Be kind.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1088600/dear-mean-people-of-mfp

This. :)
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you're not eating enough. Your metabolic rate won't be high enough to lose weight. Your protein is also very down every day. You're not eating enough to repair muscles after exercise, especially seems as you have been putting in your diary like 600 calories worth of exercise sometimes daily. How do you expect your muscles to repair and to not get fatigued if you're not fuelling your body? I eat approx 1320 calories daily, always near enough eat my exercise calories and am still losing weight and I eat roughly 5 meals daily + snacks. You need to change your habits out of 'If I eat less i'll lose weight' as you're starving your body and your body is slowing down as you're not feeding it enough and get to actually i'll eat little and often daily, hit my targets, fuel my body and eat my exercise calories. Stick to that daily for a month and see what happens.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Any time you increase your calories (even if it's only by 100 calories), or eat more carbs, or exercise a little more, there will often be an increase on the scale. It's temporary. You are by no means 'not losing weight'.

You've lost a whopping 16 lbs in a month. Be satisfied. If it helps, stop weighing daily and try doing it on a weekly basis. If you can't handle the fluctuations, then stop looking at them. Because fluctuations happen.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    EmmaCaz4 wrote: »
    Looking at your diary you're not eating enough. Your metabolic rate won't be high enough to lose weight. Your protein is also very down every day. You're not eating enough to repair muscles after exercise, especially seems as you have been putting in your diary like 600 calories worth of exercise sometimes daily. How do you expect your muscles to repair and to not get fatigued if you're not fuelling your body? I eat approx 1320 calories daily, always near enough eat my exercise calories and am still losing weight and I eat roughly 5 meals daily + snacks. You need to change your habits out of 'If I eat less i'll lose weight' as you're starving your body and your body is slowing down as you're not feeding it enough and get to actually i'll eat little and often daily, hit my targets, fuel my body and eat my exercise calories. Stick to that daily for a month and see what happens.
    Major *facepalm*!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ajocec wrote: »
    I am 5'6 currently 180. SW 220, started MFP at 196 Mid-March. I know that is a big weight loss however that has been because of the days I've eaten very little. I do not weigh my food as I have a daily job. I do always log as accurately as possible. Thank you for your help with this!

Seriously? We all have jobs. You're eating more than you think.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your metabolic rate won't be high enough to lose weight.
    Now, that's a troll.
    You need to change your habits out of 'If I eat less i'll lose weight'...
    That's how I lost 100 pounds. Why would I need to change that?

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Wrong + Wrong = Super wrong.

OP....ignore this.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is so simple, it's calories in and calories out right? Wrong! there are so many other factors that can play into it like sleep, stress, hormones. If it was as simple as calories in and calories out then there would be a lot of miracle pill companies out of business.

No, it's right. Those factors just affect the equation, that's all. Pill companies should be out of business, but people are always looking for magic so they make a few bucks.

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

MrM27 wrote: »
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Lol - what does having a job have to do with weighing food?

I use a postage meter to weigh my food in grams at work!

So your stamps smell like bacon?

I'd eat those stamps.

FIFY

I wanted to put lick, but I don't think you guys have licky stamps anymore?

You know how I know you're old?

Because you are?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Lol - what does having a job have to do with weighing food?

I use a postage meter to weigh my food in grams at work!

So your stamps smell like bacon?

I'd eat those stamps.

FIFY

I wanted to put lick, but I don't think you guys have licky stamps anymore?

You know how I know you're old?

Because you are?

Damn. Well played.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Why am I too sick to play along with this thread? It's got everything.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

y2eteus99abp.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This thread has it all. A confused OP with unrealistic expectations who seems like they may be receptive to some good advice. A white knighter trying to turn this into a mean people thread. The obligatory "metabolic adaptation" reference, and now, people who defy the laws of physics saying CICO is incorrect. I think the best part is that even folks who often disagree, seem to be united so far.

This should make for an entertaining Tuesday thread...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    This thread has it all. A confused OP with unrealistic expectations who seems like they may be receptive to some good advice. A white knighter trying to turn this into a mean people thread. The obligatory "metabolic adaptation" reference, and now, people who defy the laws of physics saying CICO is incorrect. I think the best part is that even folks who often disagree, seem to be united so far.

Now all we need is some wine and Talenti and we can call it a day.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

The thread isn't complete until you throw in a cat gif...

rs_500x281-140808102730-cutest-cat-gifs-please.gif