Questions about sugar

Options

Replies

• Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Wow man. I can't even with you.

No the insulin question isn't a joke. Answer it. Is there no positive side to insulin?
    Fruit and candy both contain glucose. I really would have expected you to know that after all the sugar bashing you do. Candy does not contain fructose. Do you even know what fructose is. I mean seriously. And please don't say you meant HFCS.

You sir, are a boor.

That aside, obviously we would all die without insulin. That's why we each have a pancreas. However, I don't know why you're asking the question. Where did I infer insulin was bad?

And yes, I meant HFCS in relation to candy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Total rabbit trail here. Our Canadian food guidelines put "potato" in to the vegetable category. It led to some ridiculousness:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mother-fined-10-for-packing-unbalanced-lunch-for-children-1.1551163
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

No the insulin question isn't a joke. Answer it. Is there no positive side to insulin?
    Fruit and candy both contain glucose. I really would have expected you to know that after all the sugar bashing you do. Candy does not contain fructose. Do you even know what fructose is. I mean seriously. And please don't say you meant HFCS.

You sir, are a boor.

That aside, obviously we would all die without insulin. That's why we each have a pancreas. However, I don't know why you're asking the question. Where did I infer insulin was bad?

You said "uh, ever heard of insulin", you know you were saying it was bad. You think I'm a bore (I'm assuming that's what you tried to write) because you have no answers. This conversation is clearly above your head. This page alone demonstrated that you do not have the ability to answer basic questions on this thread which is pathetic especially since you are criticizing the food people eat.

I think she meant "boor," as in a "rude person." She is apparently becoming frustrated with her inability to back up her statements, so she is attempting to turn it into a personality issue. How dare you be so rude as to bring actual facts into the conversation?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

You sir, are a boor.

A Snickers bar doesn't contain HFCS.

A lot of candy doesn't. Most candy contains regular old corn syrup.

That aside, I await MrM's response to the whole HFCS boogeyman.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's like debating with my 15 year old daughter who thinks she knows everything... Amusing and annoying all at the same time. I shall unsubscribe from this one now.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Please add to the conversation with actual information.

I think a lot of people are here to learn correct information. So enlighten me instead of being rude.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

You sir, are a boor.

A Snickers bar doesn't contain HFCS.

A lot of candy doesn't. Most candy contains regular old corn syrup.

That aside, I await MrM's response to the whole HFCS boogeyman.

Here are the actual ingredients of Snickers, in case someone wants to make the case against them based on what they are made of (instead of what they imagine they are made of): MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER, CHOCOLATE, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, MILKFAT, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, PALM OIL, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, EGG WHITES, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Options
    Tell me why "common sense" says this dessert is a problem:

84mcbyq8oy07.png[/quote]

Let's suppose someone is on a 1230 calorie diet according to the default MFP nutrition goals:
    So from this one item, towards their recommended daily amount, they are getting:
    21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!
    Only 6% of their protein...

So, the calorie "cost" (21%) is not in line with the other "costs" so therefore it's common sense to choose something else.
  • janejellyroll
    edited April 2015
    Options

Let's suppose someone is on a 1230 calorie diet according to the default MFP nutrition goals:
    So from this one item, towards their recommended daily amount, they are getting:
    21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!

So, the calorie "cost" (21%) is not in line with the other "costs" so therefore it's common sense to choose something else.

The screenshot clearly shows that the person posting this isn't on 1,230 calories. They are on 1,980.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Artificial flavor!!!!

Maybe I should eat Flamin' Hot Cheetos instead, since the government calls them a healthy snack. Wouldn't that be "common sense"?
  • Hornsby
    Options

84mcbyq8oy07.png

21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!

So, the calorie "cost" (21%) is not in line with the other "costs" so therefore it's common sense to choose something else.[/quote]

Okay, but what if their calorie count for the day is 3600?

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

84mcbyq8oy07.png

21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!

Let's suppose you answer the question asked, not the one you want to answer.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

84mcbyq8oy07.png

21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!

No let's not "suppose" so you can change the rules. This person is not on 1200 calories. The person who IS on 1200 stated she would eat a fun size bar that comes in at 80 calories. You don't get to pull the full size bar from the higher calorie person and insert it into the smaller calorie day to make your argument. Try again.

• Hornsby
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

84mcbyq8oy07.png

21% of their calories!
    42% of their carbs!
    29% of their fat!

You don't get to pull the full size bar from the higher calorie person and insert it into the smaller calorie day to make your argument. Try again.

When that's the only way it will make sense, you need to do that...lol.

• Chrysalid2014
    Options

You said "uh, ever heard of insulin", you know you were saying it was bad. You think I'm a bore (I'm assuming that's what you tried to write) because you have no answers. This conversation is clearly above your head. This page alone demonstrated that you do not have the ability to answer basic questions on this thread which is pathetic especially since you are criticizing the food people eat.

I said "insulin resistance"; not "insulin", and as I already clarified, I was asking a question as to whether there was any connection between this (and other stated disorders) and diet. I admit I should have phrased this question more carefully; I was in rather a hurry as I was on my way out for the evening.

And, I refered to you as a "boor" not "bore" (although if the shoe fits...)

And, this entire discussion started because someone was criticized en masse for wanting to eat fruit instead of candy.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I said "insulin resistance"; not "insulin", and as I already clarified, I was asking a question as to whether there was any connection between this (and other stated disorders) and diet. I admit I should have phrased this question more carefully; I was in rather a hurry as I was on my way out for the evening.

And, this entire discussion started because someone was criticized en masse for wanting to eat fruit instead of candy.

The criticism wasn't for wanting to eat fruit instead of candy. The criticism was for the reasoning behind it. As you are demonstrating in abundance, the reasoning isn't all that great.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Reading comprehension fail.