Life on Keto

Options
I started using MFP about a month ago. I also decided to change my eating habits as well. I have tried almost EVERY diet and weightloss fad and plan there is when my doctor told me that I should try ketogenic eating which is low carb high fat and so far it is working and I looove it! I know its not for everyone but it definitely works for me! Looking for others on here that are following a Keto lifestyle as well and just others who are trying to get healthy :)

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You might check the groups out. There are a few Keto dieters on here. Most of us opt for a less restrictive approach so Keto doesn't get much love on the main forums. Good luck to you.
  • dmcqueary2
    dmcqueary2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much!!!
  • ashleydanforth1
    ashleydanforth1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is keto super different from phase 1 Atkins? I'm doing that right now
  • dmcqueary2
    Options
    Great! Thanks!
  • dmcqueary2
    Options

With Keto you should stay under 50 carbs a day....most ppl stay under 30...I try to stay under 25.....with Atkins I believe you can have a higher amount of carbs...
  • JulieEllul
    JulieEllul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    dmcqueary2 wrote: »
    I started using MFP about a month ago. I also decided to change my eating habits as well. I have tried almost EVERY diet and weightloss fad and plan there is when my doctor told me that I should try ketogenic eating which is low carb high fat and so far it is working and I looove it! I know its not for everyone but it definitely works for me! Looking for others on here that are following a Keto lifestyle as well and just others who are trying to get healthy :)

Omg yay I'm Keto too!!!! I'm in week two working w/a dr and nutritionist. Let's be friends!!!! This is the hardest change I've ever made with eating!!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Nope, Atkins phase 1 is a ketogenic diet.