What is your diet? Did it work for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use MFP to count calories which helps me to consume less than I burn.

There is no special diet needed and many of the advertised diets are absurd.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I know that there are many people who wonder "wow, i need to get on a diet. But what kind of diet?" Well try or do research of different diets and see which one is best for you. What is your diet plan??
    cico and exercise, yes it's working :smiley:
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just eat healthy and exercise (mainly weight lifting). People assume I'm on a diet just because I eat mostly healthy and natural instead of a little bit of everything with the CICO rule. I tried the CICO rule in the past but it didn't help at all and resulted in me feeling weak and malnourished. Instead, I eat a large amount of calories for sure and proteins (which repair broken muscle tissue) while weight lifting almost daily which resulted in 60+ lb weight loss. Never actually counted a calorie during my weight loss.
  • Hempshake1
    Options
    I also do a lot of intermittent fasting. I'll skip breakfast or lunch(or just have an orange for either). Then I slam two huge dinners. I do a lot of hemp protein shakes with ice and a banana and then I always steam broccoli, onions, carrots, and/or brussel sprouts. I eat around 1.5-2 pounds/900 grams of these vegetable per dinner, and I eat my sweet peppers raw(amazing taste). That is a lot, so usually I have 4 bites left over for any hunger I get an hour later. For my 2nd dinner, I will either repeat this or replace the vegetable with a sweet potato or homemade no salt pasta sauce and pasta.

If you eat a massive amount of vegetables it is really difficult not to be in a deficit. I love steaming vegetable then tossing them in 2 tsp of coconut oil for taste with a touch of salt.

I may do a week video of 1700-2100 calories days meal by meal. I've already done 3 days, but my gopro got saltwater in it yesterday and ruined it so I am on hold now on the project. You really can eat 2000 calories and be stuffed. I'm 6'1" guy so that is a solid deficit specially on the 1000 calorie workout days.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is absolutely the only way to lose weight, but it doesn't account for good nutrition as well. You could lose weight eating nothing but McDonalds or Twinkies, but you'll be deficient in essential nutrients over the long run and probably have high cholesterol and triglycerides. Any medical issues also need to be considered when evaluating your diet. Also, eating unhealthy fast food will bring you to your daily calories goal rather quickly, leaving little room for other foods for the rest of the day. You'll probably feel hungry and unsatisfied a short time later.

That is why I'm concerned when people only mention deficit for diets. As the experts say, you need a balanced diet that meets your macros and nutrient requirements at the same time as creating a deficit if you want to be truly healthy and not just lose weight. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies aren't pretty and can lead to serious medical trouble.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    No diet for me, just calorie deficit, less takeaways, more fruit + veg etc, and the gym 4/5 times a week.

Watching what you eat really helps, and accurately logging what you have eaten in the day.