Vacation? Where are you going or want to go?

Options

Replies

• Kgholli
    Kgholli Posts: 27
    Options
    Coming to America in August LA, New York then Orlando.But going to Universal not Disney Land, I'm a Harry Potter Fan.:smile:
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cyprus is very beautiful I live there. I went to Italy for my holiday this year. I'd been before but this time we went to Venice and it was by far my favourite Italian city. But I like Milan to and reccomend the trains to get about. Very efficient.

I might get a weekend in Greece later in the year. I like the Cyclades islands but might try Crete next time.

I had the best holiday of my life in Cuba. I'm constantly daydreaming about another trip somewhere more tropical though. Like maybe the Maldives or another trip to the Red Sea.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    For our Silver wedding Hubby and I want to go to the hotel owned by Benny and Bjorn from Abba - has anyone ever been there?

Otherwise that orient Express trip ticks a few boxes:smile:
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I live in Maine and we're the vacation state so I don't go too far this summer since it's gorgeous here! In October, it's all about Vegas baby!
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm travelling around Europe for 4 months next year! It's only been recently decided, and I'd absolutely love to see Italy and Greece. Has anyone got any suggestions of places I MUST see when there!?

My favourites have been Oslo, Venice, Lisbon, Iceland, Nice, Berlin (well, and London but I live there so not sure it counts :P). I personally hated Greece but only went to Athens (which was scary IMO) but I think the islands would be better :)

In a couple of weeks we are taking a summer Euro-trip: Prague-Bratislava-Budapest-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Montenegro. All in 10 days but we like to be busy on holiday!

Later in the year, I hope to go to either Canada, South America or Japan but we'll see :)
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Being from the US, I just want to experience all the sights there are to see HERE!

Two years ago I had quite an adventure Jeeping with my B/F in the Rockies in Colorado-some BEAUTIFUL sights that most will never see as you have to have 4 wheel drive and nerves of steel to get to some of the mountain tops! Then it was on to Moab, UT for another five days of Jeeping-although the scenery was pretty-spending an entire day trying to get to the top of a rock without rolling our vehicle was not my idea of fun.

In three weeks we will be taking off to Florida for a week on the beach-can't wait! (Better not be raining!) And experience my first NASCAR race!

Then in August my daughter an I will be camping on the shores of Lake Michigan at Sleeping Bear Dunes. I have always wanted to go there. She's been there and said it is gorgeous. Myself personally I can't wait to spend a week doing nothing but soaking up the sun and hiking!

Reading some of these replies really has me excited and ready to start planning for next year! Costa Rica is on my radar....
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    We've run into bad service, beggars, sullen natives, bad weather, pickpockets, con artists- the whole gamut- and we love every vacation we've ever taken.

I think this is something you learn when you travel and more importantly, when you have motivation to see the world. Well, it certainly was for me. When I first came to the UK from sunny, relatively clean Australia, I thought London was disgusting. Went to Paris and thought it was worse (and funnily enough, therefore ended up spending one of the days of our weekend away at Euro-disney). But then I moved here and now it's my home and I love it. I since have travelled a lot (25 countries or so, most continents) and now I think we've learned to have a different attitude when we travel because we want to experience the world (culture as well as just 'sights') and some things you can't experience with perfectly clean toilets etc.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I want to go everywhere! Literally, everywhere. Actually I lied, not Africa. So almost everywhere. Next year my boyfriend and I are going to the cayman islands, I'm pretty excited about that.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Branson, Missouri... one of my most favorite places in the US.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    were going home to see family like we always do once a year. Not really a vacation, more work than anything else. Would like to go to Germany, England or Australia. Been to Naples and Rome Italy and also Madrid Spain. Both very nice places I wouldn't mind going back to.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Me going on vacation is always a bad idea.

I went to Birmingham in August 2011 and riots started while I was there.
    I went to Manchester last September and a cop killer (killed two policewomen) was on the loose.

In a few weeks I'm flying to Istanbul and things are already looking ... idyllic.

I have friends in the US who have told me to please stay away, though one friend from San Francisco suggested I visit Los Angeles. I question her motive though. :tongue:

Please don't come to the North East, and stay away from Virginia for the next month too, lol!! :laugh:
  • AKBD10
    AKBD10 Posts: 5
    Options
    We already took our vacation for the year. We went to Disney World & Universal Studios for the first time back in April. It was the most amazing vacation ever! We drove to FL from Northern NY (about a 22 hour drive). It was a really awesome experience and I can't wait to go back some day!
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm going to New Orleans and Mississippi in July...and then to Croatia in August for a music festival - wahey!

Some of my favourite ever vacations:

- Nepal (trekking, bumming around the lake in Pokhara, watching my hubby bungee jump off a bridge...)
    - Leh in northern India
    - New Zealand is just beautiful
    - Raileh beach in Thailand
    - Trekking and rafting along the Thai-Burmese border
    - Istanbul city break
    - Lebanon! Vineyards, roman ruins, awesome seafood, Hezbollah museum!
    - Varkala beach in southern India
    - San Francisco and Santa Barbara city breaks
    - Blue Ridge mountains in North Carolina
    - Halong bay and Hanoi in Vietnam

Yes, I am very lucky.

Ok, I get New Orleans being on your destination list, but what the hell are you going to see or do in Mississippi? LOL
  • andiechick
    Options
    I'm flying out to the US at the end of this month to spend a whole month in Virginia as my hubby is working out there. Its our first trip to the states and I'm soooooo excited!! I'm hoping to see a few other states while I'm there, I know we're definitely visiting North Carolina and Washington, and if my parents can come out to stay me n the hubster will sneak in a visit to New York :happy:
  • andiechick
    Options
    I'm saving up for Jaimaca or Bahamas.

Jamaica is gawgus, I got married there and would go back tomorrow if I could afford it
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Orange Beach (Alabama) the last week of this month. Bonus: it's a "working vacation" paid for by the State. Free Condo on the beach, plus per diem.
  • andiechick
    Options
    I went on the Orient Express from London to Venice via Paris

215273_18420903768_3838_n.jpg

Looking good there Karen xx
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling around Europe for 4 months next year! It's only been recently decided, and I'd absolutely love to see Italy and Greece. Has anyone got any suggestions of places I MUST see when there!?

My favourites have been Oslo, Venice, Lisbon, Iceland, Nice, Berlin (well, and London but I live there so not sure it counts :P). I personally hated Greece but only went to Athens (which was scary IMO) but I think the islands would be better :)

In a couple of weeks we are taking a summer Euro-trip: Prague-Bratislava-Budapest-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Montenegro. All in 10 days but we like to be busy on holiday!

Later in the year, I hope to go to either Canada, South America or Japan but we'll see :)

Venice is a definite must-see :) And Lisbon looks lovely! I'm actually writing all these down haha. Yeah, I'm hoping to visit the Greek Islands :) We're aiming for Oia or Mykonos at the moment!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    We are going to San Francisco in July. I am so excited, my inner hippie & foodie is going nuts!

Next year, Hawaii.

Then I want to see NYC and New Orleans. I want to go to England, Ireland, Norway, Germany, Amsterdam, Italy and Greece at some point too. And I'd love to go back to Spain.
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bahamas! Hoping for my brother,sister and their families to go as well as for my husband's family to spend time with our son. It will be a nice BIG family vacation! My husband is from the Bahamas so it's the best of both worlds. I can't wait for my son to experience life in the Bahamas. Knowing we have a vacation picked out helps with the motivation to get my *kitten* moving!!