Vacation? Where are you going or want to go?

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am from Boston and I am going to New Orleans tomorrow for a quick 4-day trip with 5 of my best girlfriends from college! We are SO excited, even though it will probably be hot as hell!

In April I went to Isla Mujeres (small island off of Cancun, Mexico coast) and it was amazing. Everyone drives golf carts/mopeds around the island and there were so many good restaurants/bars and amazing beaches. We rented a house with another couple and it was definitely much more fun than staying at a resort.

My favorite vacation was Germany/Switzerland though! I went in 2007 with the same girls I am going to New Orleans with and it was the best 10 days of my life. I really hope I can explore more of Europe someday. It is breathtaking.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling around Europe for 4 months next year! It's only been recently decided, and I'd absolutely love to see Italy and Greece. Has anyone got any suggestions of places I MUST see when there!?

My favourites have been Oslo, Venice, Lisbon, Iceland, Nice, Berlin (well, and London but I live there so not sure it counts :P). I personally hated Greece but only went to Athens (which was scary IMO) but I think the islands would be better :)

In a couple of weeks we are taking a summer Euro-trip: Prague-Bratislava-Budapest-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Montenegro. All in 10 days but we like to be busy on holiday!

Later in the year, I hope to go to either Canada, South America or Japan but we'll see :)

Venice is a definite must-see :) And Lisbon looks lovely! I'm actually writing all these down haha. Yeah, I'm hoping to visit the Greek Islands :) We're aiming for Oia or Mykonos at the moment!

Rome. There's absolutely nothing quite like it. I was there for NYE and fell in love with it. Maybe even more so than Paris.

Venice is a good place to see for a few days. Be sure to get off the beaten tourist path though or it will drive you crazy. It's hard to avoid tourists traps but, for good food, try the Cicchetti bars. I really liked Cantinone Gia' Schiavi for a quick snack and a glass of wine. There's no seating. You grab your snack and your wine and find a place to stand outside. For a nice, local dinner there's a restaurant called La Zucca. Everything is really fresh and they have a pumpkin flan to die for. I spent a week in Venice and wrote up a ton of review. PM me if you are interested - Ill send you my Trip Advisor page.

OH! And for the second poster, Budapest is awesome. A sad history, but a lovely people and a fascinating city. I can't wait to go back.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    In less than 4 weeks we are going on a 2 week cruise of the Norwegian Ffiords/Iceland and the Faroe Islands....cannot wait yippee :-D
    oh and I could mention all the places we've been before but it would be a long one lol

I feel truly blessed to have our boys rared and now hubby and I can vacation 3 times a year and we're only in our 40's, thats why having family young is fab lol :-D

I disagree. We started our family in our thirties and it means that we can take our kids along and share the cool places with them. I mean, the Peruvian Amazon is always cool, but so much cooler with an eight year old with you to ooh at the army ants and ahh at the great otters. Likewise the UK with a 12 year old who knows more about the Tudors than David Starkey.
  • 07JKGirl
    07JKGirl Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm going to Seattle in August for a cousins wedding, but my big vacation plans are not until April 2014. My friend and I both turn 40 next year and are planning a trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate the milestone!!!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind taking another cruise again in the near future. Just came back from a 5 day cruise with Royal Caribbean to Cozumel and Grand Cayman and it was a blast!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    In 22 days I am getting in my car, along with my husband and my two children and we're going on a week long road trip. Making our way from home to Chicago and then from Chicago, we're getting on the old Route 66 and taking it as far as we can go in 4 days and then we'll turn around and head back. No hotel reservations, no destination plans....just a get-in-the-car-and-go trip. I can't wait! With my husband being a truck driver, he is never home for more than 2 days at a time......and I'm going to have an entire week with him. I could end up in the middle of nowhere and wouldn't give a rats *kitten* as long as I'm with him!!!!!
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    My vacations aren't too glamorous, but usually involve a bike event of some kind. I'm ok with that!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    from toronto going to Europe for almost a month leaving July 20th.! Going to see a bunch of family and of course do some sight seeing! I cannot wait to go. I haven't gone anywhere for a couple years so it'll be awesome to go!
  • kristinlitla
    kristinlitla Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I live overseas and will "just" go to my home country, Iceland for three week. Can't wait! Just over three weeks to go :)
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    IBIZAAaAaaAaaaaa

Me too - this Thursday!! only for 4 days tho, love the place

Have a good one :)
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Planning on going to St. Lucia with my husband for our 2-year anniversary in November...Can't wait! Also want to visit Jamaica...the Caribbean islands are just GORGEOUS!!!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Marlin fishing. Anywhere.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Vietnam :)
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    Colorado in 5 days to go hiking up Pikes Peaks, and visit some rock garden.. Then Next month is San Antonio, Tx and Austin, Tx.. Then Vegas in August!
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    South of Spain with my best friend and our boyfriends! CANNOT WAIT! We leave on Saturday for 2 weeks :)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Going to Ocean City, MD and Rehobeth/Milton DE (Dogfish Head Brewery) at the end of August. I can't wait!!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    San Diego vacation had to be cancelled.

In August, hubby and I will be driving down to Charleston, SC for a few days, sans kids. :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No 'real vacation' this year. We will be going to a large gaming convention this month. It's an hour drive, we will only spend the night one night, the other two nights we will drive back and forth.
    It's kind of a "stay-cation"
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving for Italy on Friday. Flying into Florence and then renting a car and exploring Tuscany!! It's a girls trip! I'm so excited.

Best vacation ever?......Hard to say. Paris in 2004 was pretty amazing. Ft Walton Beach Florida in 2010 was pretty great too!

Loved Costa Rica in 2011. Anyplace with a great beach is always top of my list.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I would love to go ona big vacation, but it's just not in the cards. I have 2 young kids and a husband with very little vacation time from work. So on the weekends, the kids and had, and hubby when he's off, will go around our great state of Wisconsin and see what we have to offer here. Maybe when the kids are older we'll do something bigger. I would love to see Europe...and the UK. Some day!