Geek Girl on an Epic Quest to lose 80lbs, wanna join? More companions wanted!

Options

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Oh...Just to throw out my geeky loves...

Sherlock
    Supernatural (But I'm behind a season or two T-T)
    Many animes...like too many to list...
    Skyrim
    Tomb Raider games
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit/The Silmarillion (Ask me about my Morgoth cosplay...)
    Star Wars
    Star Trek

That's all I can think of for now...
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @MegFitrition Omg I think you're the first person I've met here that's in Vancouver too!!

Levels of geek don't matter, anyone who's active and positive are welcome. Geekiness is just icing on the cake hehe

And yup it's Academie Duello on Hastings: full on old school knights in shining armour type training with broadswords, rapiers etc. Really gets my history nerd going! They also offer archery, mixed gym-class+ sword training styled classes, as well as Bartitsu (the mixed martial art that Sherlock Holmes practiced).

It's expensive but they have regular groupon specials and it's also why it's my ultimate goal reward: figured there was no better way to stay fit than to satisfy my not-so-inner-geek while I do it :smiley:

Also adding you ;)

@dhens13 I've put off thoughts of writing seriously for the moment, want to take care of my fitness first as that's been the biggest obstacle holding me back from... everything XD

@LyndseyLovesToLift XD I've never had Quest bars but dang if that doesn't look delicious! O.O

@kandell Do you sew yourself? I would love to start getting into cosplay but I've never let myself do it hehe And looks like we have a lot of the same geeky loves, throwing an add your way!

@natboosh69 Wewt to all the geek girls coming out! I knew y'all were in here somewhere LOL Sending you a request as well :smiley:

• kandell
    Options
    @FitGeekery I do sew! I've been sewing since...pretty much forever, but cosplaying since 2009. If you need any tips/pointers for getting started, let me know! :]
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @kandell I might do that! One of my 'ultimate' goals is to rock a Catwoman cosplay because a) I love the poop out of her b) I'd have to be incredibly fit to pull it off well and c) There are enough Catwomen every year that I won't stand out XD
  • kandell
    Options
    @FitGeekery lol Those are all valid reasons! I have a fair amount of experience with bodysuits and bunnysuits, so getting something fitted nicely is a specialty of mine :3
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh more geeks, wonderful! I'm trying to lose ca 45lbs and get fit so I can keep up with the Doctor. Don't want to be the one left behind...

Obv. I'm really into Doctor Who but also luuuurve Buffy, Harry Potter, anything Tolkien and I'm currently watching Star Trek for the first time... the OLD ones with Kirk. Hilarious!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @kandell Yeah it's definitely NOT about the attention that a really fitted cosplay would garner. It's about celebrating the fact that I can ROCK IT if I want to. If I'm gonna do it I want to do it as well as I possibly can XD Also... do you have pics of previous cosplays you've done? And do you take orders? :D

@MikaMojito Got your message and sent off a request your way! Doctor Who is one of the few fandoms I've never ventured into. Not because I'm not interested, but more because I'm the crazy and dedicated kind of geek who wants to watch it from the beginning. And that's what... 20-30 years of episodes to fit in? XD Also love Harry Potter & grew up on Tolkien. I never watched the original Star Trek series but I grew up with Star Trek: The Next Generation... and now I want to start watching it again haha
  • kandell
    Options
    @FitGeekery I've got a cosplay page with some of my newer stuff. Until this past year, I never really took much time to get pics taken, though :/

facebook.com/kandellcosplay

I do indeed take orders! This summer I've got a lot of commissioning slots open lol
  • trollDolly
    trollDolly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Where are you from GeekGirl? You had me at "all things zombie" haha
    I've had a 3week break from the gym and feeling it's wrath. Would be good to mingle with others in desperation
  • perilousbard
    perilousbard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hiya- Fellow geek and word nerd here. Have you seen iZombie yet?
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @kandell Take moar pics!! Haha I figured Catwoman was also the lowest maintenance outfit as a tight pleathery body suit can be gotten pretty easily anywhere. It's just a matter of her cat-eared cap/shades and whip. It's the easiest intro to cosplay to see how much more seriously I'd want to take it.

@trollDolly I'm from Vancouver, Canada. And internet fives to another zombies fan! I don't know enough people who love all things Zombie Apocalypse as much as me XD Yeah I've never been regularly active at all apart from walking to/from work. Definitely want to kick it up several notches so we'll see how it goes. I know I'll get wrecked within a few days, just gotta grit my teeth and push past it. Also throwing a request your way :)

@perilousbard Geek and word nerd, haha I like that expression. I haven't seen iZombie yet but I just looked it up and it seems kinda interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime!
  • kandell
    Options
    @FitGeekery Catwoman would definitely be a good start :] Plenty of schoolgirl characters are easy to find/make, too!
  • FitGeekery
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @kandell Think I'm probably too old to pull off a school girl, but I was thinking of trying out an old school Jubilee from X-Men cosplay. Bit more difficult but not too much hehe
  • kandell
    Options
    That would be cool! You don't see many Jubilee's this day but with the new X-Men movie, she might get some more love.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Another geek girl here, mainly gaming. Right now mostly focused on World of Warcraft and Bioware games (new Mass Effect news this summer at E3 please?). Also like Harry Potter, some Doctor Who, Marvel, Star Trek...and when it comes to listing things I tend to blank. I'd like to get back into cosplaying if I can ever learn to sew...

I'm 5'11 and have about 100-125 lbs to lose. Restarting from where I hit a plateau for a bit with my weight because I got lazy about not wanting to cook. But at least I didn't gain that initial weight back.
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Geeky mom here. I just started a little over a week ago. I have 130lbs to lose, but I'm 7lbs in. As far as geeky stuff, my poisons are mostly Harry Potter, but I geek out about pretty much everything. >.> Doctor Who, LOTR, The Hobbit, Buffy, Firefly and a bunch of other things. Anyone here feel free to add me :)

Edited because I forgot Sherlock and Bones.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am such a huge geek as well! I even have Darth Vader's theme as my main workout tune. I could run for hours listening to that!! I am gonna go ahead and send you a friend request. Have you been watching Arrow and The Flash? Ugh.. sooo good!! I'm into all things geeky so feel free to geek out with me ANYTIME!!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @kandell Haha yeah, wanna make the most out of my half-Asianness XD Limited options... pretty sure I'd need to find a butt-flossless Psylocke costume. Cause I don't care how fit I am... I'm not rocking butt-floss in public XD

@geminiswede Gamer girls ftw! Looove me the Mass Effect trilogy, probably my fave RPG's. And dang all this talk of WoW... the itch to play is getting stronger XD Grats on not gaining anything back, that can be difficult for some (read: ME). And at least you're picking yourself up again and still going, it really does make more of a difference than you might think :) Adding you!

@jittythekitty Yay for geeky parents! Looks like there's a lot of crossover on our geekery as well, and oooh Bones, I haven't seen that show in ages! Was really liking it though. Adding you as well :smiley:

@mommajolynn Omg Darth Vader's theme as a workout tune... why didn't I think of that?? I haven't been watching Arrow, mostly because when it started I wasn't sure how it was gonna be and I wanted to give it time to see how people liked it. It's on my list of things to watch though hehe.

And heck yes you can bet I'd geek out with you anytime! Nothing I love more than nerding out about... anything in general XD
  • cathrynw
    cathrynw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not a gaming geek but a book worm! I have about 80 lbs to lose as well to get to my goal weight! I'm always looking for more support. Add me!
    -Cat
  • kandell
    Options
    @FitGeekery Dance tights! They make you look nakey, but you're perfectly covered. I have them for my *kitten*-tastic bunny suit XP They're awesome because they help smooth things out and hold everything in place, so you feel a lot more comfortable. But you could also just alter the pattern of the suit to cover more butt, too.