Hungry after 7pm Struggles...

Options
CindyR81
CindyR81 Posts: 6 Member
Can anyone recommend a suggestion on this? After 7pm I get so hungry and all I want is cereal or a sandwich or chips... Basically nothing healthy. I'm not to keen on fruits so late either. Help any late night snack recommendations?

Replies

• evelyncsevilla
    evelyncsevilla Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would like help in that too. For now I'm drinking water every time I get a craving and maybe having a Cutie Mandarins (3-4 from 7-11pm) and mentally telling myself those other snack are not worth it. I push through, its a minute by minute thing with me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner later. Save calories for later.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whatever fits your calories. A lot of people snack at night or even have a meal late and they save some calories for it. A cereal or sandwich could actually be pretty nutritious and filling. If you are worried about calories for bread, there is always Josephs brand pitas or low carb/low calorie tortillas in various brands you can use .

Eta: make sure you get some protein in there to fill you up. Are you getting enough protein and fat during the day? They go a long way in keeping your appetite in check.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If there is room in your calorie budget for a late night snack, do it. I frequently have a little something right before bed. Especially on workout nights when I get home at 10 pm. Eating late but within my calorie budget has not stopped me from loosing weight. I always leave myself a little cushion when I plan my dinner so that I can have that evening snack if want it.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 100 cal bags of popcorn. They do the trick for me!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you that hungry then you need to re-evaluate your needs and calories. I know current wisdom says don't eat after 7pm but we are all individuals,and it is what works for us, which will get us to our goal eventually - not current wisdom (!)
    Its an individual journey - take what suits you but leave the rest!

I read up on recent trends but I'm old enough to know,it is finding what works for you that is the key....... <3
    And don't look at me for any answers! I am still working it out!! Other than a later meal.....!
  • emarin1
    emarin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry at about 10 pm and don't have the willpower I need so I decided to have a light meal at 6 pm and save another meal for later.
    One example: At 6 pm it's half a cup of cottage cheese, a boiled egg or 1 or 2 oz of deli turkey and some fruit. Then I eat a sandwich later with veggies and whole wheat bread and one or two peanut M and Ms for dessert.
  • Cali585
    Cali585 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make "cocktails" late at night.
    1) Water with lemon, lemon stevia drops, frozen blueberries = blueberry lemonade.
    2) Pellegrino with mint, lime, and lemon stevia drops = mojito.
    3) Lipton decaf cold brew tea, lemon, and lemon stevia drops = Arnold Palmer.
    4) Celestial Seasonings decaf green tea with mint cold brewed with cucumbers, mint, and lemon Stevia drops = really good but I don't have a name for it.
  • doc560sel
    Options
    Big issue for me as well. I don’t mind a cut up apple once every few days, but my favourite evening snack now is a bowl of cut up raw green cabbage. I love the taste and the crunchy texture works well to keep me from snacking on cheesies and wine gums!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I get popcorn for my after dinner snack. Adore it!

Find a snack you like after your supper and eat it. Make it work into your calories for the day. Nothing wrong with a snack. :)
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner early with my kids, so I usually need to have something after they go to bed (around 8:00). I almost always have a bowl of cereal. I just make sure I weigh it so I don't overeat since I could literally eat an entire box of cereal. As long as it fits in your calories, you should be good! :)
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Some tea with stevia.
    Drink water (sounds cliche but seriously your body can seem hungry but is really thirsty).
    A walk.
    More protein during the day.
    Increase fiber to 35g or more (add in veggies etc to diet).
  • gypsyheart72
    gypsyheart72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A big glass of water and a piece of fruit work well for me.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I try to plan my day in advance so I can have a snack in the evening. I sometimes have yogurt, fruit and nuts. Or sometimes single bags of microwave popcorn. Lately I've been trying to keep my blood sugar lower in the evening so I am eating a bigger dinner and skipping the snack. But for sure, I try to plan my food so I won't snack on high calorie foods in the evening.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't even eat dinner until 7ish. if you're trying not to eat after 7 because of the myth that food after 7pm turns to fat, don't worry about it.
  • michelleamhill
    michelleamhill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sex can help keep you from snacking after 7. Turn off the TV and have some sex.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner sometime between 7:00 and 8:00...if I eat earlier I tend to have a snack like popcorn, yogurt, melon, banana or deli meat and cheese.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    If hungry, I will drink a glass of water. If still hungry, I will eat a small snack of fruit or veggies, if I have room in my calorie bank. I try not to eat if I closed out my day.
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    doc560sel wrote: »
    Big issue for me as well. I don’t mind a cut up apple once every few days, but my favourite evening snack now is a bowl of cut up raw green cabbage. I love the taste and the crunchy texture works well to keep me from snacking on cheesies and wine gums!

Raw green cabbage?

Um, yum? :P Gimme an apple any day.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sex can help keep you from snacking after 7. Turn off the TV and have some sex.

+1
    although 7pm is a bit early for those of us with small people lurking about the house.