Hungry after 7pm Struggles...

Options

Replies

• chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    I like one cup of cold cereal. No milk, eat it like chips.
  • CindyR81
    CindyR81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The sex comment had me laughing! I guess it's just that I seem to gain any kind of weight eating late at night since it doesn't digest fast enough before going to bed. Best snack I found was Trader Joes seaweed. They taste like sushi and who ever knows me..knows i love seaweed. It's low in calories and that so good!
  • madelinecroteau
    madelinecroteau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make your own ice cream earlier in the day!
    I use one frozen banana, 1/4 cup of chopped strawberries (any fruit would work) and 2tbsp of unsweetened coconut milk (any milk would work here too!)
    Blend it all up in a blender or food processor and either eat it right away or freeze it to snack on later in the evening!
    Only 128 calories!
  • jswimmer2
    jswimmer2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go with sugarless gum and water before I reach for food. If that doesn't work backup keep celery and baby carrots at the ready at all times.
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting has fixed this struggle for me. I eat my last meal by 10 pm and don't eat until 12:30 or 1 next day. Coffee or tea fine in morning
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I was in a deficit I had a good 300 calories saved for after dinner on most nights. No way I'm done eating with dinner.
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So far, which isn't very long, I've eaten berries or veggies when I get cravings late nights.
  • TeamAshli
    TeamAshli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a juice detox to help curve junk food cravings. I do a lot of cardio and strength training so I don't do all day or week long juice cleanses. I eat a big healthy breakfast packed with protein and then juice the rest of the day. Around 3-4pm I eat some pretzels and call it a day. The detox helps rid your body of toxins and fat so I don't crave salty and sweets like I used too.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner at 9pm or even 10. What I do to is quite filling. I buy wraps and fill them with a bunch of salads, mostly greens leaf, spring onions, mushrooms,bell peppers, tomatoes things like that.... That way you eat something nutritious, delicious and there's less fuzz about what to prepare. Sometimes being hungry at night is actually being hungry(not just cravings), try to experiment with a later dinner... maybe your body needs a little extra at night....
  • melinda3850
    melinda3850 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a fat free hot chocolate. works wonders for that sweet craving.
    jarrah hot chocolate is on 57 calories a serve :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Sex can help keep you from snacking after 7. Turn off the TV and have some sex.

lol...Sex makes me hungry. So it would be the opposite for me.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    TeamAshli wrote: »
    I highly recommend a juice detox to help curve junk food cravings. I do a lot of cardio and strength training so I don't do all day or week long juice cleanses. I eat a big healthy breakfast packed with protein and then juice the rest of the day. Around 3-4pm I eat some pretzels and call it a day. The detox helps rid your body of toxins and fat so I don't crave salty and sweets like I used too.

Your body doesn't need a detox for that.
  • emmy15rocks
    emmy15rocks Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Make your own ice cream earlier in the day!
    I use one frozen banana, 1/4 cup of chopped strawberries (any fruit would work) and 2tbsp of unsweetened coconut milk (any milk would work here too!)
    Blend it all up in a blender or food processor and either eat it right away or freeze it to snack on later in the evening!
    Only 128 calories!

I love this idea! What consistency is it when frozen? Like an icecream or more solid?

• pwh300
    pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with a bad form of acid reflux. The Dr told me do not go to bed or lay down at least 2 to 3 hours after you eat. So I don't eat past 7pm. I do make sure my dinner is fulling. I save my calories for then.

As long as your in your calories you should be fine.
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I struggle with hunger at night, too. I use what was mentioned above... I eat dinner about 7PM. Now I'm trying to get to sleep earlier... I currently suffer from severe insomnia but I'm working on it and have found my hunger is subsiding slightly with more sleep.
  • MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Several go-to things I keep on hand when I'm having a manic snack attack is V8, baby carrots, a cup of lo cal/lo sodium soup, WASA multi grain crispbread, salad of greens with a splash of diet dressing.
  • SunshineCityGal
    SunshineCityGal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat a protein bar they are very filling and stay with you through the night.
    There are chocolate ones which will also curb your cravings for junk food.
    Protein bars are my new comfort food
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had this problem until I discovered protein shakes I make into a big yummy smoothie. 25 grams of protein should help you out.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't eat anything after dinner and that's always around 5:30-6 at the latest! Drink water! It will help u feel fuller. U shouldn't eat anything at least 4 hours before you go to bed.
  • spazzashazza
    spazzashazza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have nimble bread with peanut butter mmmm