What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday

Options

Replies

• jweluv
    jweluv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days and record when the number is lower or at least once a week. My weight has fluctuated as much as 4 lbs, but as long as my weekly number isn't higher I'm usually happy. Great post! I'm glad to find someone else who weighs daily. It makes my day when my number is lower and so why not have a great day for every .2 lb loss instead of 1 day of 1 to 2 lb loss? Never made sense to me. :happy:
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, without clothes (so I can be consistent Haha), and I record that number. It does not matter if the number or lower or higher. Are you able to see the link I included in my original post? It shows the graph of the last 90 days so you can see the fluctuations.

It makes my day when my number is lower too! Even if it is 0.2 lbs!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Congratulations on the new 1 lb loss! I think if it shows the lower number you are headed in the right direction, even if you dont see that number again for several days.
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of days and it does help me see how my weight fluctuates and the affect certain foods have on my body. I tend to log it every 2 weeks as I sometimes only lose 1/2 lb and I like it to be a full 1lb before I log it.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday but I only record once a week. I try to record same day each week but it really depends on if I'm able to as I weigh myself at work. (I work at a clinic).

Although I've heard it's not good to weigh daily, I've also been told that I should weigh often enough to keep myself on track. If I know I'm starting to go off track and I can see it on the scale, I'll get back on track so that when I hit my weigh in day, I'm good again.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and log my weight every single day regardless of whether it's a gain or loss. As mentioned it helps to to see the day to day fluctuations and as a result, I don't panic when the numbers are higher.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week i s fine for most people including
    me
    because your w eight changes many times a day due to many factors
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Me too! I'm a Microbiologist ;) How about you??
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    I should have had everyone post what their profession too to see how that correlated to their method. Haha. I mentioned in my earlier post that I'm a scientist -- another data lover.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oh good to see other people do the same thing as me! I actually just record every time I see a new "lowest" number. So it may not be my TRUE weight, because I like to drink wine sometimes and I know I am dehydrated the next morning, but it still helps show the trend and I am sure it's only a lb or so off from my true weight.

I do this as well! Any time I have a lower number I also record it. Whether its my true weight it not I use it for motivation to get lower!

Me too! I have a little book with every day recorded since about 3 years ago. On this site I only record when my weigh in day (Saturday) is a loss. Unfortunately this has not been very often lately.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Nice Graph! But how is that exponential? It seems to be linear to me. That's amazing that you can keep around the same rate of weight loss (seems to be ~5 lbs a month). Congrats!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Me too.. I track with the website and the phone app! I love how the accounts automatically sync!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Thanks! I completely agree!!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Oh man! Can you tell this is my first time posting in the forum? Sorry guys! I have been clicking "reply" and I thought that would reply to specific posts and quote the text, but apparently it did not. So now my last few posts do not seem to make much sense. Sorry about that!
  • dolphin_queen
    Options
    Really like that way of looking at weighing in!! Thank you for sharing!! :)
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Really like that way of looking at weighing in!! Thank you for sharing!! :)

Thank you!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Oh good to see other people do the same thing as me! I actually just record every time I see a new "lowest" number. So it may not be my TRUE weight, because I like to drink wine sometimes and I know I am dehydrated the next morning, but it still helps show the trend and I am sure it's only a lb or so off from my true weight.

I do this as well! Any time I have a lower number I also record it. Whether its my true weight it not I use it for motivation to get lower!

Me too! I have a little book with every day recorded since about 3 years ago. On this site I only record when my weigh in day (Saturday) is a loss. Unfortunately this has not been very often lately.

Write it off as justification if you want, but I really do think it is accurate when you are trending in that direction. It is also inconsequential if you are truly losing since it soon won't even appear as a highest weight.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Once every 3-4 weeks. Daily fluctuations mean nothing to me, it just means water retention from too much sodium, or TOM, or glycogen storage.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. After I use the restroom I remove everything (even my wedding ring lol) and slowly step on the scale. If it goes above a certain number then I have truly gained, if it goes below a certain number then I have lost, but if it stays within the same 3 lbs then I am still stuck in my plateau...sigh. This has become quite the adventure : )
  • bella19741974
    Options
    Need help losing weight