What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday

Options

Replies

• luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I also weigh everyday except on the weekend because I use the digital scale I have at work don't have a scale at home.....and I also record my newest low :) I think it really helped me seeing everyday it going down some but right now I have been the same since Friday but I have not gotten discouraged I just was glad it didn't shoot up and know I need to work harder on exercise.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every morning. I also like to see what my normal weight fluctuations are. I record my weight every week or so though.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, as well, and keep track on a excel spreadsheet with a line graph, so I can analyze the changes over time. I also make notes about vacations (I don't track as close, and retain water when traveling) and that sort of thing. I also make notes if I change my tactics one way or another, so I can look back and see if anything makes an impact.

Edited because I am typo prone.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What is the most you see your weight fluctuate from one day to the next?

I weigh myself everyday and have a neat app on my phone that tracks it :) Usually my daily fluctuation is around .5lb, except for occasional weekend food free for alls, like this past weekend-between Friday-Sunday the scale bounced up 4lbs, go me lol. It's not an actual gain so I'm not stressing out (too much) about it, by the end of the week it will be back down to where I normally am. It made my chart look wonky though lol.
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Once a month for me. I see how people get overly addicted to weighing themselves and I don't want to be like that.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Every 4-6 weeks. I'm just about due for another weigh-in! :)
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i also track my daily weight at http://www.weightgrapher.com/ it really helps me and keeps me moving because it also shows you what you weight was 28 days ago and has a nice weight curve
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning. I also am interested to see the fluctuations. One thing I've noticed over this journey is that when I drink more than my usual amount of water the day before, it seems to result in a lower weight for me the next morning. I regularly drink a fair bit of water, but some days I will even drink more than my usual, and that is when I'll see another loss. :D

Don't get me wrong. It isn't that I think that drinking water makes one lose weight. I just think it helps flush out any extra sodium caused water retention that I may have had.

Anyway, I record the drops, but don't record if it fluctuates up a pound a previous entry's drop. I just leave it alone until the next drop, which has been coming pretty steadily ...about 1 pound every 5 days or so. :)
  • nooraltareif
    Options
    Every other time I've tried to lose weight in the past I've weighed myself once a week maximum. If that turned out to be a number I didn't like I would get depressed, binge incessantly and my weight would climb even higher. This time is the longest I've ever kept on track with a "diet" for lack of a better word since changing my lifestyle about 3 months ago with clean eating and exercise. This is also the only time I've weighed myself every single morning. At the beginning I thought doing this might make me even more depressed to see how much I truly fluctuate day to day but it definitely has given me even more motivation! I don't treat the scale as the enemy anymore and don't see it as my only measure of loss. If I weigh more from one day to the next it never angers or upsets me and not once has bingeing even crossed my mind. So I obsess less now than I did when I was weighing in once a week which in my mind seemed impossible
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning sans clothes & breakfast...I totally agree with the daily thing! It's not a stressor for me at all & it allows me to monitor my body's cycles :-)
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! I do the same ;-)
    I weigh myself each morning. I also am interested to see the fluctuations. One thing I've noticed over this journey is that when I drink more than my usual amount of water the day before, it seems to result in a lower weight for me the next morning. I regularly drink a fair bit of water, but some days I will even drink more than my usual, and that is when I'll see another loss. :D

Don't get me wrong. It isn't that I think that drinking water makes one lose weight. I just think it helps flush out any extra sodium caused water retention that I may have had.

Anyway, I record the drops, but don't record if it fluctuates up a pound a previous entry's drop. I just leave it alone until the next drop, which has been coming pretty steadily ...about 1 pound every 5 days or so. :)
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    lolscale.jpg

It used to look like this^^

Then I put the scale away and check about once a month just out of curiosity

It still looks the same but, my clothes, arms, abs, and @$$ are happy so IDK
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning! There are days when I forget, but I have almost every day for the last 6 weeks!!! I feel more in control and more informed than before!

And you must realize that if you begin building muscle, your numbers may go up... and don't let that discourage you! I think it really depends on your personality! You just have to do what works for you, as an individual! Everyone is different...and I don't really think there is a cut and dry right or wrong way to this!!! :smile:
  • MightyMouse19
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that weighs myself daily although I dont record daily maybe once a week or when I've lost weight.
  • texastwilight
    texastwilight Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. It helps me to see what normal for me, how my body reacts to different foods, and normal fluctuations. I also don't record until I see a new low.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Weighing myself daily would drive me insane because I am the sort of person who likes to see results quickly. It's not for my morale and psyche too. I weigh myself once a month. However, I use the measuring tape almost 2-3 times a week.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm also a daily weigher. I find it the most motivating for me, and I like to understand my fluctuations. It keeps me accountable and doesn't drive me insane like waiting for a weekly weigh-in would.

I only record new lows, but that's more a function of what works for me on mfp -- I don't like being congratulated on losing the same 0.6 lbs 3 times in a week :smile:. If I knew of another simple weight tracker program I would use that to record my daily weight (including gains).

Really, I advocate whatever works for the individual.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. But I only record 1x week, on Friday and only after a rest day, figuring that will give me the most accurate measurement.

One of the reasons I weigh everyday is I run 4 times per week and also lift on some of those running days. I also play a lot of sports like hockey, you'd be amazed how much you sweat playing goal. If I weigh 232lbs and then after running and sports weigh 228 the next day then it tells me I haven't replenished my fluids well enough and that I need to hit that water.