Male Body Types (Like or Dislike)

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    My preferred body type is the body my man has. Whether he has gained some weight, or whether he's on his way to a six pack.

I thought I had a type before I met him, and he wouldn't have fit that mold. But now that I met him... HE is my type.

As for hair... I love what is natural for the man who's sporting it. If you're naturally hairy, I love that. If you're naturally bare, I love that too.

I don't need someone to shave their chest or back in order to find them attractive.

But that's my 38yr old perspective.

pretty much this.

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    shl000 wrote: »
    I think women are more accepting of men's body types than vice versa in general.

I do agree with this. i see a lot of good looking, fit women holding hands with some belly hangers.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I would choose Gerard Butler over Adrian Brody any day. I definitely prefer bigger guys. I really like big, defined muscles, but I have dated guys who are overweight and didn't work out at all and I would still prefer that to a smaller guy based on appearance alone. Obviously personality is very important because if you are a bigger guy who is always down on himself that is nearly impossible to be around. If you carry yourself with confidence and have more to offer (a sense of humor, a good heart, intelligence) it will get you farther than all the gym time in the world. But the gym time doesn't hurt.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I guess I should be real in saying this though... I'm 6'1" and pretty strong. So, my type is not someone who is 5'5" and thin.

My guy is strong, solid. He can lift me up (and with me being 170lbs, that's a bit of a deal). His strength comforts me. I don't feel like I over power him, even though I am a bit taller than him.

I want my man to be my match. And he is. :heart:

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Before we get the answers flying, my personal opinion on the matter is that women are more concerned with what's upstairs in the brain case than what's going on below the neck so there is no hard and fast answer. The insecurities, fears and apprehensions of both women and men play a role in the decision. Women think that men that look like they spend too much time on developing their bodies won't have enough time for them or will be too overly self-possessed to have a good solid relationship (possibly but most likely a generalization) and think that men that have some muscle that seems more natural is desirable because it is a reflection of work ethic and not self-absorption. However, in the same vane, women generally want a man that is bigger and taller than them to give them a sense of safety and security so that only leaves a small window for men to fit in, not too small but not too big. Also, how a woman feels about herself plays a significant role in what kind of man she she's her self with, an insecure woman is not going to want an insecure man. Well, enough of my soap box. What are your feelings on the issue?

My feelings are that you assume all women's brains function the same way. They don't and that means you can't generalize. Stop trying to figure women out and stop trying to put us in a neat little box with a label.

I'm 5'9" and a bodybuilder. I've dated men who are shorter and much less strong than me. I've dated men taller and stronger. I've dated fat men and shredded men. You know what the overall most important aspect to me was? Overall compatibility. Nothing to do with how smart, tall, athletic, hairy or rich he is.
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love tall, athletic guys! Great smile and teeth are a major plus. Personality and Sense of humor is very important. Hate Chest and back hair on a guy, total turn off for me.
  • iamangrydoug
    iamangrydoug Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Women want a really good looking guy. Except when they don't. Sometimes. Because looks don't really matter. Usually. Unless they do in this case. And while money is important it's not everything. But it can't hurt and is pretty important. But maybe not. Personality is what really matter though. But not too much. Just enough. If he's cute. Maybe. That pretty much sums up how women feel I think.

**applauds pp**
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Women want a really good looking guy. Except when they don't. Sometimes. Because looks don't really matter. Usually. Unless they do in this case. And while money is important it's not everything. But it can't hurt and is pretty important. But maybe not. Personality is what really matter though. But not too much. Just enough. If he's cute. Maybe. That pretty much sums up how women feel I think.

This is the best description I've ever heard.

Men have spent all of time trying to decipher the woman's mind, in an attempt to better understand how they think.

They are at about the same point as when they started.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    [/quote]My feelings are that you assume all women's brains function the same way. They don't and that means you can't generalize. Stop trying to figure women out and stop trying to put us in a neat little box with a label.[/quote]

Hmm, I do think I said this was a study I read and not my personal observations and I also said that there are too many variables to really say one way or another, so no boxes are being put forth to place women in. Not by me anyway.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    Also, the study was about physical attraction only. What women found physical attraction without any other input other than the visual.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

EDIT: Also, this applies only in 5 minute increments. It will be the opposite later on.

Exactly!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

EDIT: Also, this applies only in 5 minute increments. It will be the opposite later on.

BRILLIANCE!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My preference is larger than me, and strong, but I don't care if he's "buff/ripped" or not. I'd like him to be of larger mass than I am. I don't care too much about body hair. I am not opposed to a belly, however everyone has their limits of what's attractive vs. unattractive when it comes to that.

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Energy level is huge too. Incompatible energy can really bite. One of you wants to 'go' and the other want to be a couch potato.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Why don't we turn this around then? Why do some guys like dumb women and some like smart women? Why do some guys like boobs and some like butts? Why do some guys like skinny women and some guys like women with some body fat?

Because they do. Just like women. We have our preferences. Sometimes they are shaped by people or circumstances. Sometimes they change. Sometimes we find someone who has a lot of qualities we like and they don't fit our typical preference.

Why do people spend so much time worrying about what others may or may not be attracted to?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    blondeinnj wrote: »
    I love tall, athletic guys! Great smile and teeth are a major plus. Personality and Sense of humor is very important. Hate Chest and back hair on a guy, total turn off for me.

I was qballed in my profile pic here but I'm back to wooly mammoth. Q balling gets itchy and annoying and there's this spot on my midback that I can't reach to shave and nair kinda hurts and stuff gets weird when you don't spread it evenly.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Why don't we turn this around then? Why do some guys like dumb women and some like smart women? Why do some guys like boobs and some like butts? Why do some guys like skinny women and some guys like women with some body fat?

Because they do. Just like women. We have our preferences. Sometimes they are shaped by people or circumstances. Sometimes they change. Sometimes we find someone who has a lot of qualities we like and they don't fit our typical preference.

Why do people spend so much time worrying about what others may or may not be attracted to?

Let me see if I can answer all of your questions in the order they were given: 1. Because we're men. 2. Because we're men. 3. Because we're men. 4. I don't know, because we're men. 5. Because that's how relationships get started and either work or don't work because we don't know if who you're interested in is interested in you unless you have some inclination as to who or what their attracted to. Hope this answers your questions.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Visually I like broad shoulders and back.

When it comes to bodyfat I want to be able to see some cheek and jaw bone structure but it dosnt have to be defined, I don't want to be able to count his ribs and back bones when he is standing with his shirt off.

The above gives quite a wide range of body sizes that I am attracted to.