Favorite Album Covers

Options
deckerp
deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
I know there are lots of music fans out there. I thought a fun topic to start might be to show our favorite album cover art. It may be the art you like or just a favorite album. I'll get us started.

51yJYDXI4gL._SS500_.jpg

To include a picture in a post use the following code (with no spaces in it):
[ img ] http://exc.images-amazon.com/images/blahblahblah.jpg [ /img ]

I used Amazon to find my image. You can right-click on the image of the album cover and choose properties to get the link.

Replies

• deckerp
    Options
    Yeah, I'm back already.

As a big Eagles fan I thought this was really cool. This person has a picture they took of the hotel used on the cover of "Hotel California".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hanuman/3646944812/

3646944812_393f0d5e9a.jpg

51B2P-EjlfL._SS500_.jpg
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    This is the one that started it all for me. So much going on visually! Nothing like holding the real album cover in your hands while the record was playing.

61pcO9SrzrL._SS500_.jpg

and the back

Elton+John+Captain+fantastic.jpg
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Too many great ones out there.

But......

Do you realize most kids now a days have no idea what an album cover is?!? They live in the world of downloads.....favorite songs only. If we wanted to buy or favorite song only we bought a 45, we did not buy the whole album for one song!:laugh: :laugh:

THE WORLD IS CHANGING!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    So I was raised in a super strict Christian home, where the only music I was allowed to listen to up until High School was Christian and Country. The first song I ever heard outside of those two groups, was Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Needless to say it made a HUGE impression on me that day!:laugh:

61vPvmzwHNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • snookeroo
    Options
    Boston's debut album, at one time at least, was the biggest selling debut album of all time. It may still be.
    I remember talking on the phone with a friend back then, who said, "If you turn the album cover upside down, the spaceships are really guitars" Wow, that was cool!

51RdhRjxweL._SS500_.jpg
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Revolver - The Beatles.

revolver(1).jpg
  • deckerp
    Options
    I have The Eagles - Hotel California above. It was number one at one point. This album replaced it at number one. I listened to this album end to end a ton of times....

41e5FDbamjL._SS500_.jpg

...I guess I still do sometimes. I just played it at work on Friday.
  • donya35
    Options
    to Heather75:

Love Love LOVE your quote in your signature!! :happy:
  • deckerp
    Options
    Boston's debut album, at one time at least, was the biggest selling debut album of all time. It may still be.
    I remember talking on the phone with a friend back then, who said, "If you turn the album cover upside down, the spaceships are really guitars" Wow, that was cool!
    Boston rules! It was/is cool. I wish they had done more albums back then. I said something like that to a guy I was in college with and he claimed they signed on for seven albums and had done seven with the last being a greatest hits. This was in 1983 or so. Whatever dude.
  • donya35
    Options
    I have The Eagles - Hotel California above. It was number one at one point. This album replaced it at number one. I listened to this album end to end a ton of times....

...I guess I still do sometimes. I just played it at work on Friday.

Aww you beat me to it!!! I was gonna post this album!! I love them!:smile:
  • donya35
    Options
    Another one of my favs!:love: I put it on repeat and could listen to it for days!

51HWNTG7AWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • deckerp
    Options
    This album is not because of the cover art but because it's SUCH a classic album. Yet another one I've listened to all the way through, time and time again. Yes, just last week too.

51Dsyv52nSL._SS400_.jpg
  • donya35
    Options
    It's Led Zeppelin...Need I say anymore?

51mumgIYwoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Been checking out all those album covers. Thanks, Deckerp. The cool thing is I have every single one of them, though they are all in CD now.

I rerally miss the album art from "back in the day".

I have so many faves that I can't pick one. Late sixties were the best though. Pearl. Santana. Grateful Dead. It's a lost art.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It's Led Zeppelin...Need I say anymore?

51mumgIYwoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

shout out

Mine are the physical graffiti covers by Led Zep. There are several variations of this cover so I'll just link the google.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=active&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=led+zeppelin+physical+graffiti&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&oq=led+zeppelin+physical&gs_rfai=
  • snookeroo
    Options
    This was another great one! The album artwork wasn't always limited to the cover.
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was a double album with a tri-fold cover. The inside contained the lyrics (Bernie Taupin) along with more spectacular art. The record would play, you could follow along with the lyrics and get lost in the imagery. Marilyn Monroe...Bennie and the Jets...Danny Bailey...Alice and "friends"...and the Dirty Little Girl...they were all there.

611FQFbI7ZL._SS500_.jpg

the inside

4922ddbfbdb17
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    That was a great album snookeroo. I was in the Marines back then when I bought it. I remember going to my parents' home on leave after I got it. I was laying on my brothers bed listening to it with headphones on. Hands clasped behind my head, eyes closed . Apparently I was singing along loudly to "Benny and the Jets" and everyone in the house heard me. They all stuck their collective heads in the door. That was about 36 years ago. Any time "Benny and the Jets" comes on the radio, I hear about it.

My mother even told my daughter and she makes fun of me everytime it comes on and begs me to sing along.

I still sing along when it comes on -- but I keep my eyes peeled and no one has ever caught me. It'll be a cold day ..............
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    .Rush-AFarewellToKings_Front.jpg
  • snookeroo
    Options
    A FARWELL TO KINGS

One of my favorite albums to listen to in its' entirety.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Another good one...

sg62-1263867555-118-173-101-19.jpg