HerbalLife Shakes cause you to burn 170 calories per serving...

Options
124»

Replies

• bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    So yea, someone tried to tell me that on Facebook. This was the first I had heard something this outlandish. Not only is it the "nectar of the gods", it burns the same amount of calories as it has in it so you net 0 when you drink a shake. Other words of wisdom from the same person.... it takes 9 calories to process 1 gram of protein so for every gram of protein you eat, you actually net -5 calories per gram... You can eat unlimited HerbalLife shakes and unlimited chicken breasts and you will never gain weight!

That is all. Just a vent.
    Obviously not taking into account TEF when they posted it. Heck let's just eat steak all the time. Based on their theory eating a 12 ounce sirloin steak at 636 calories is REALLY just -264 calories (about 100 grams of protein in 12 ounce sirloin). So just add 2 steaks a day and eat up to your TDEE and you'll lose weight. I love pseudoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    If it worked like that I'd give up being vegan and hack the cow myself.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you burn calories with the shakes but you need the body wraps to lose inches :wink:

LOL..I was at a street fair yesterday and this woman from a booth approached me to try and sell some 'band' thing that 'along with our shakes you will lose inches per week;'. I laughed and said "thanks, but no thanks..I eat healthy, work out and am losing 1.5 pounds per week". She said.."oh, but this will help you lose more!!". I asked if she used it and she said yes. She and her partner were BOTH overweight...yeah..it works....wraps, bands, shakes.

But wait there's more! You also need magnets to help you balance, and those foot pads to pull the toxins out of your feet while you sleep, and magical holy water As Seen on TV! so you can cure all your illnesses.. I guess if you're happy being mediocre with your 1.5 lbs of loss per week, then fine. Be mediocre.

this reminded me of this FB post from an IT WORKS girl I know:

thunder thighs are wrapped up for the night and tingling!! Used the Cleanser to wash my face and thighs when I showered so they would be good and clean. Got my mandatory 20 oz of water next to me to drink.. and for tomorrow I have my Greens Orange to put in my OJ at breakfast and my Thermofit to kick up my metabolism and my Fat Fighters to battle the fat and carbs I might eat tomorrow. I'm all set!!! Of course I have my Hair Skin & Nails, Facials and Defining Gel too... OH and I got the Confianza t help with my stress levels!!

So she embalms herself every night before bed?
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Just remember that you burn calories with the shakes but you need the body wraps to lose inches :wink:

This reminds me that I actually saw a girl wrapping her belly in plastic wrap at the gym last week. I know people post about it in the forums all the time, but I didn't actually think people did it in real life. Clearly it didn't work since it was just bought from the store and not purchased from a "friend" on FB...

My sister does this & has for years, every single time she goes to the gym. She also takes it one step further & rewraps her belly at bed time if she didn't get enough of a "burn" at the gym. She didn't talk to me for over 3 months the last time I pointed out she's wasting a whole lot of plastic for nothing.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I love all these miracle cures and their outlandish weight-loss claims, complete with the small print that states "while following a 1,000 calorie diet" or similar wording. *facepalm
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

LOL..I was at a street fair yesterday and this woman from a booth approached me to try and sell some 'band' thing that 'along with our shakes you will lose inches per week;'. I laughed and said "thanks, but no thanks..I eat healthy, work out and am losing 1.5 pounds per week". She said.."oh, but this will help you lose more!!". I asked if she used it and she said yes. She and her partner were BOTH overweight...yeah..it works....wraps, bands, shakes.

But wait there's more! You also need magnets to help you balance, and those foot pads to pull the toxins out of your feet while you sleep, and magical holy water As Seen on TV! so you can cure all your illnesses.. I guess if you're happy being mediocre with your 1.5 lbs of loss per week, then fine. Be mediocre.

Ear candles. You forgot the ear candles.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's sometimes funny when seeing what people do and what extent of hardship they try to make weight loss/fat loss easier, when ironically it really doesn't cost anything extra nor requires extensive physical activity. Occam's Razor prevails in weight loss/fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

this reminded me of this FB post from an IT WORKS girl I know:

thunder thighs are wrapped up for the night and tingling!! Used the Cleanser to wash my face and thighs when I showered so they would be good and clean. Got my mandatory 20 oz of water next to me to drink.. and for tomorrow I have my Greens Orange to put in my OJ at breakfast and my Thermofit to kick up my metabolism and my Fat Fighters to battle the fat and carbs I might eat tomorrow. I'm all set!!! Of course I have my Hair Skin & Nails, Facials and Defining Gel too... OH and I got the Confianza t help with my stress levels!!

I have several on my FB (one joined and recruited the rest) and this is the stuff I see CONSTANTLY. Well I did before I hid them all from my newsfeed. Did you know cheat days don't count if you have Fat Fighters??!
    One "wrapped" her chin. The "after" picture was very obviously her just sticking her chin out more to reduce the double chin look.
    They tout their products, and always in fine print it says "results can be permanent with a healthy lifestyle". You don't think it's the healthy lifestyle and not the products?!
    This company bugs me to no end.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    What a lost business opportunity that Herbalife won't put that negative calorie technology into making 0 calorie ice cream.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's sometimes funny when seeing what people do and what extent of hardship they try to make weight loss/fat loss easier, when ironically it really doesn't cost anything extra nor requires extensive physical activity. Occam's Razor prevails in weight loss/fat loss.

And yet, people choose to not do that.

It says something....
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's some fancy pants snake oil they have!

Tee hee, "pants snake."

Anyone died from malnutrition from a HerbaLife overdose yet?
  • frostedpoptart
    frostedpoptart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    So yea, someone tried to tell me that on Facebook. This was the first I had heard something this outlandish. Not only is it the "nectar of the gods", it burns the same amount of calories as it has in it so you net 0 when you drink a shake. Other words of wisdom from the same person.... it takes 9 calories to process 1 gram of protein so for every gram of protein you eat, you actually net -5 calories per gram... You can eat unlimited HerbalLife shakes and unlimited chicken breasts and you will never gain weight!

That is all. Just a vent.

Yeah, but make sure you're consuming plenty of essential oils to neutralize the toxins in the chicken.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Ear candles. You forgot the ear candles.

Don't forget oil pulling... for the toxinz :huh: