women! How my cals daily?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    u ladies eating 2000 and over are livin the dream! im wondering though that must be at maintenance with weight lifting?

Nope that is at 0.5 loss a week. Maintenance for me is 2800-3000.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My base is 1600 and Fitbit adds calories based on how active I am. Yesterday was a fairly active day and I ate 2200. Other days I stick right around 1600.

I'm 5'4" 124 lbs.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Looks like I average 1600ish. That average includes eating my 1340 daily allowance plus between 25%-50% of exercised calories. Sorry I don't know the technical names for these calories categories. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    u ladies eating 2000 and over are livin the dream! im wondering though that must be at maintenance with weight lifting?

Nope that is at 0.5 loss a week. Maintenance for me is 2800-3000.

I'm so jealous!

I eat 1300 cals plus 50% of exercise cals.
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft5, currently weigh 117 pounds, and eat on average a week around 1200 for weight loss via 5:2 and cutting out crap food - having been on this diet for the last 4 months I have lost 17 pounds. I'm also doing Insanity (2nd round)... My target is to get down to 15% body fat which is only 4 pounds away, and then maintain... Looking forward to re-introducing a bit of chocolate and cheese into my diet!
  • gypsyish
    gypsyish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is less than 1500 calories, so I'm eating 1200 a day. 5'2" and 133lbs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    on average, probably 1500. some days less, some days more.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1960 (TDEE minus 10%) and losing .5 lbs per week.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

2000 calories has me losing around a pound per week. I am 5'9" and have lots of muscle. I maintain around 3000 calories.

I also think people forget that just because I can eat 2500 calories and lose doesn't mean I'm living the dream. My body requires more fuel and I can't eat 1000 calories worth of doughnuts with 1500 calories worth of chicken and vegetables. I might be able to fit a doughnut in easier than someone eating 1400 calories, but I eat mostly filling foods because I get just as hungry as I did when my calorie needs were lower.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

2000 calories has me losing around a pound per week. I am 5'9" and have lots of muscle. I maintain around 3000 calories.

I also think people forget that just because I can eat 2500 calories and lose doesn't mean I'm living the dream. My body requires more fuel and I can't eat 1000 calories worth of doughnuts with 1500 calories worth of chicken and vegetables. I might be able to fit a doughnut in easier than someone eating 1400 calories, but I eat mostly filling foods because I get just as hungry as I did when my calorie needs were lower.

Can the high-cal lifting ladies expand on their workout plans? Are you guys really tall? I lift heavy 3x week and run 5k 3x, eat 1350 cals/day, and lose about 1lb/week. I’m 5’4” and 132lbs. I now feel like I’m doing this all wrong.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1810 if I don't exercise that day. Most of the time I'm at 2200 to 2400 depending on how much I exercise. My TDEE minus the 20% would be 2350ish if I were to switch to that method, so I'm right on track :)

I'm 6' tall and very overweight so eventually that number will go down some.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    1600-1700 but some days I go way over. I've been the same weight for over a month now.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

Can the high-cal lifting ladies expand on their workout plans? Are you guys really tall? I lift heavy 3x week and run 5k 3x, eat 1350 cals/day, and lose about 1lb/week. I’m 5’4” and 132lbs. I now feel like I’m doing this all wrong.

I'm 5'9", 195 pounds with about 24% body fat (around 147 pounds of lean body mass). I lift 5-6 days per week and I usually don't do cardio (I have been recently while my kids are in swimming lessons, but it's still less than an hour total per week). I've been lifting for several years now, it makes a difference.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    5'8 here, 134 pounds. TDEE is 1,700, calories are 1,200. I do fine most days.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    hi ladies.. Just curious to how many cals you all eat daily.
    I'm not being rude when I say this, but why do you need to know? How will what other people eat affect you? If you're just interested, that's fine. I see other women eating less than me, others eating A LOT more, but it doesn't affect what I choose to do.

It depends so much on height, built, age, activity level, macro goals etc. For me, around 1400 seems to be enough that I feel good, but can still lose at a rate that satisfies me and keeps me motivated to continue what I'm doing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1400-1500, now losing at snail's pace within 10 or so lb of GW (and fine with that).
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm 5'9", 195 pounds with about 24% body fat (around 147 pounds of lean body mass). I lift 5-6 days per week and I usually don't do cardio (I have been recently while my kids are in swimming lessons, but it's still less than an hour total per week). I've been lifting for several years now, it makes a difference.

Hmm thanks for the response. I’m guessing you’re right on the money regarding the importance of how long you’ve been lifting: I got back into it only a few months ago. Not to mention that you look a lot stronger than me! Major props :smile:
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Around 1300 to 1400 my MFP suggested calories are 1430 so I stick with that for a 1.5LB loss per week. 44 pounds to go and I will bring them up and maintain. Good luck!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hmm thanks for the response. I’m guessing you’re right on the money regarding the importance of how long you’ve been lifting: I got back into it only a few months ago. Not to mention that you look a lot stronger than me! Major props :smile:

I've been lifting for about 2 years. I've noticed a gradual increase but it's not that much.* You have to gain quite a bit of lean mass to make a significant difference.

*eta what I mean is, to make a difference beyond calories burned for the activity. I lift 4 days per week and burn about 300 calories per session. So in that sense it has increased my maintenance by 1200 calories per week or 170ish calories per day. But my base maintenance number before exercise hasn't gone up very much.