Is a High Carb, Low Fat Diet Better Than High Fat, Low Carb?

Options
124»

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SORRY GUYS! I meant to say "Keto" instead of "Paleo". And thank you to those of you who are giving me support. The one thing the keto advocaters and freelee both really, really stress is that eating at a calorie deficit is terrible and by following their diets you can eat as much as you want, and you should. It's a bit like fear mongering, they terrify you into thinking a typical western diet is the cause of all your problems. I guess I've been overthinking dieting

Yep, and that's the same scam sold by all the scum bags out there who are taking advantage of people trying to lose weight. Those "magic bullet" diets only work when they're very restrictive, and that stinks.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OP - find whatever method - IIFYM, High carb/low fat, high fat/low carb, etc - that allows you to make a change that is sustainable and allows you to eat in a calorie deficit.

When you boil it all down, what matters most is that you are in a calorie deficit, not what tool you choose to use to get you there.

This assumes that you have no medical condition.

ETA - I just see that you do have a medical condition..talk to your doctor and see what they recommend....
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see some high fat low carb doctors who have reversed heart disease? Oh, right. There aren't any.

Losing weight can help and potentially reverse some forms of heart dz (which is not a specific entity). Most doctors aren't selling something like Campbell is. Nor do they strongly recommend either high carb, high fat, or high/low anything anymore.

BTW, why don't you post the peer reviewed research that supposedly backs up your claims instead of going around saying how "extreme diet X reverses heart disease."