GAINS Motivation. What motivates you? Post your GAINS and Motivation here!

Options
DedRepublic
DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
"If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcissists, the Sculpters, the Physiques. Let them say...I lived in the time of Zyzz." - Chestbrah

I've come a long way in the last 3 years. My original goals were to just lose some weight, then to get ripped, but now...I'm chasing the physique!! So what motivates you to get gains? Post your GAINS Progress videos and PR's here. Summer is coming...

"We're all going to make it brah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV4KwjcSccw

Video in the Background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqy-iaMVsuY

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. As for me, I don't chase aesthetics but they are a nice side effect for me. I'm more into the strength side but I wish you well as you continue your pursuit of gains.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I refuse to be mediocre.

Mediocrity scares me.
    Mediocrity terrifies me. Average is the worst fate that could be fall a man.

I refuse to be that man.

So I strive every day to do better and be better than who I was yesterday. Plain and simple.

Roosevelt said it best
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

That is what motivates me.
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Roosevelt said it best
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

That is what motivates me.

Yeah Jo!! This is what I'm looking for...the mindset of the Dedicated. Upping my game on diet and routine as summer approaches...and looking for all the motivation I can get.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I did a short 6 week bulk last year from 143 -> 150. Increased 4.7" overall.
    cs81x9dess8j.jpg

I'm in the middle of another bulk now and my six week results are even greater. No pics, but here are the numbers.

147 -> 158

Overall, I've increased measurements by 9.65". This breaks down to:

Shoulders: + 2"
    Chest: + 1.35"
    Hips: + 1"
    Waist: + 0.6"
    Thighs: + 1.55"
    Neck: + 0.25"
    Calves: + 0.4"
    Biceps: + 1.7"
    Forearms: + 0.3"

All it takes is perseverance and a few extra calories!
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of another bulk now and my six week results are even greater. No pics, but here are the numbers.

147 -> 158

Overall, I've increased measurements by 9.65". This breaks down to:

Shoulders: + 2"
    Chest: + 1.35"
    Hips: + 1"
    Waist: + 0.6"
    Thighs: + 1.55"
    Neck: + 0.25"
    Calves: + 0.4"
    Biceps: + 1.7"
    Forearms: + 0.3"

All it takes is perseverance and a few extra calories!

Good results my friend. What kind of split are you doing?
  • terizius
    Options
    That was on a modified version of Shortcut to Size routine. It is back/biceps, chest/triceps, shoulders/traps and legs. It followed micro-periodization, changing reps every week for 4 weeks before restarting. 12-15, 9-11, 6-8, 3-5. I really like it and did it for the first half of my bulk this year with similar results.
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. As for me, I don't chase aesthetics but they are a nice side effect for me. I'm more into the strength side but I wish you well as you continue your pursuit of gains.

Thanks brotha! I am finding my strength go up as i incorporate more compound lifts. Recently bench pressed 315 lbs for two reps weighing 200 lbs. Haven't pushed that much weight since college. I am facinated by the dieting and discipline that goes into building a physique...maybe it's the engineer in me. Looking forward to posting more gains soon. Feel free to post your PR's here.
  • terizius
    Options
    I can't post my PR's when you bench my Deadlift! Kidding, awesome work. I just switched to a strength routine, looking forward to seeing those numbers go up!
  • acfit4life82
    acfit4life82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcissists, the Sculpters, the Physiques. Let them say...I lived in the time of Zyzz." - Chestbrah

I've come a long way in the last 3 years. My original goals were to just lose some weight, then to get ripped, but now...I'm chasing the physique!! So what motivates you to get gains? Post your GAINS Progress videos and PR's here. Summer is coming...

"We're all going to make it brah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV4KwjcSccw

Video in the Background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqy-iaMVsuY

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    steve cook GOAT physique, perfect balance of size, symmetry and conditioning.

tumblr_lry7l3vnUY1qgdjq6o1_500.jpg

one day.
  • DedRepublic
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Where's all my Gainsters at!!! Just hit a PR on Incline Bench!!! 225 lbs for 10 reps!! Weighing in at 197 lbs. Leaning out and getting GAINS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdxbpCfiPU
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Sorry I missed your post earlier, I'll be doing a volume PR week in 2 weeks and a max test in 3 so I'll post then.
  • DedRepublic
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Weird...my Dips Video got Deleted! Whatever...took a new one...with heavier weight...now dipping with a 55 lb plate...slow and controlled.

"If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcissists, the Sculpters, the Physiques. Let them say...I lived in the time of Zyzz."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRbTdT9RGWA

• LiftCore
    LiftCore Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    my celltech motivates me
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    "In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade. Henceforth will I recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.

I will persist until I succeed." - Og Mandino

6q45jtrrnc0c.jpg
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd manage handstand push-ups. Today I got two.
  • Daisy253
    Daisy253 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ummm, looking hot for my husband = more bedroom action :) all the motivation I need!!!
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    Daisy253 wrote: »
    Ummm, looking hot for my husband = more bedroom action :) all the motivation I need!!!

Love the honesty here. :)

• Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Never thought I'd manage handstand push-ups. Today I got two.

Congrats, that's a great victory.