GAINS Motivation. What motivates you? Post your GAINS and Motivation here!

Options

Replies

• claireholden2015
    claireholden2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got a long way to go yet but with every workout I get closer to my goal. Feeling bit lost with the nutrition side, struggling to get the calories in

how are you struggling specifically? if you don't mind me asking?

I'm just struggling to get the calories in really. I'm trying to eat clean most of the time and doing quite well with that. I keep loosing lbs and if anything I want to build up a bit.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Got a long way to go yet but with every workout I get closer to my goal. Feeling bit lost with the nutrition side, struggling to get the calories in

I'm just struggling to get the calories in really. I'm trying to eat clean most of the time and doing quite well with that. I keep loosing lbs and if anything I want to build up a bit.

"Clean" is very subjective and is diff to everyone.
    Just focus on getting overall calories in that you need for your goals.
    Then second, hit your macros.

I eat all sorts of diff things.....cinnamon toast crunch cereal, 5 Guys burgers, ice cream.....
    But I make sure I eat to my needed calories, and hit my macros.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    I eat all sorts of diff things.....cinnamon toast crunch cereal, 5 Guys burgers, ice cream.....

Just curious...do you time your carbs? Or consider when you take them in? For example right now I get most of my carbs in Peri Workout...but maybe I'm just boring and should eat more exciting foods.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Just curious...do you time your carbs? Or consider when you take them in? For example right now I get most of my carbs in Peri Workout...but maybe I'm just boring and should eat more exciting foods.

I only eat between about 1245 - 8pm.....
    Workout fasted around 1130am
    So all my food/carbs come in after my workout.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    What motivates me? This guy...
    18939175270_079712bd33_z.jpg
    (Me when I was 25.)

Currently...
    18552283799_55ef661bc3_z.jpg
    (Just reached 44.)

Its unrelenting advance of age which motivates me, and to defeat giant robots.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.
    Thanks Max! I wish I would work harder to have your cuts.
  • aown61
    aown61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll try and find a before pic, I have been back in the gym properly for around 2 months now along with my increased food intake, starts to notice some good gains.

wm8wq9ozh41y.jpg
  • MityMax96
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.
    I have no size, so I think you are in a better spot.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    aown61 wrote: »
    I'll try and find a before pic, I have been back in the gym properly for around 2 months now along with my increased food intake, starts to notice some good gains.

Looking good

• rockingthegreen
    rockingthegreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Upping my weighted pullup game. Need to add in Suppinated Grip variations as well.

http://youtu.be/gIBQv0Sat7U

What the hell did I just watch o.O
    You dudes in this thread are looking so mean. So much work I need to do. Thanks for the inspiration, boys.
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.
    Yeah I hear you about diet, but you got size... and if not, at least your shoulders and tapered waist give that effect and that's what its all about.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.
    Yeah I hear you about diet, but you got size... and if not, at least your shoulders and tapered waist give that effect and that's what its all about.

Hmm....I guess.....
    But when I wear clothes, it doesn't look like I have ever set foot in a gym....
    My gf even said so last night.....we had the discussion the other day about me looking small....she didn't think so.
    So then last night we were out, and I was wearing a shirt and stuff....
    Then when we got home, and took off my shirt, she was like "yeah, you are right, you do look smaller when you are in clothes....like you don't go to the gym....."

So VERY Frustrating to be lanky, at 6'1"
    And you want a big back and broad shoulders......

Guess I need to shop at Baby Gap. :disappointed:
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.

Hmm....I guess.....
    My gf even said so last night.....we had the discussion the other day about me looking small....she didn't think so.
    Then when we got home, and took off my shirt, she was like "yeah, you are right, you do look smaller when you are in clothes....like you don't go to the gym....."

I think before you stated somewhere on the boards that it is very difficult for you to eat enough calories to sustain a long term bulk cycle. I'm 5'11" and I wouldn't think that 2" would make much of difference, but I guess it does.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

forget about the "clean" ultimately if you're trying gain and you don't make as surplus you wont' gain.

Calories are king- followed by macros.
    But no surplus = no gain.

so I would highly recommend getting of the "clean" metality- stock your freezer with some reeses and or gelato.

I remember I had days where I would slap 2-3 servings of ice cream and crumble up a couple of oreos on top and a full glass of 2% or full milk- was something like 900+ calories.

I just couldn't EAT that much chicken or veggies- if you can't- then you have to turn to higher calorie foods to make sure you hit the MINIMUM calorie goal for your surplus. You can do it... just gotta get in there and eat the things.

@MityMax96

heh- when I sit down with a t shirt and sweats on- I mostly look a lump of fat.

it's pretty bad what perceptions are when you look at other people who look so amazing 90% of the time.

Mity- MOAR OREOS- you can do it!!!!! (my bother's the same way- tall- lanky- hard to build) But it can be done. I have faith.

OR.

Better yet- just walk around with your shirt off all the time. Problem solved. You're welcome.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.

Hmm....I guess.....

I think before you stated somewhere on the boards that it is very difficult for you to eat enough calories to sustain a long term bulk cycle. I'm 5'11" and I wouldn't think that 2" would make much of difference, but I guess it does.

Does in my case.
    I take after my mother, and have a small frame....
    tiny wrists.....

And yes, trying to maintain a daily intake of food >3500 is VERY hard for me.
    I can do it for like 2 or 3 days....but then I am so stuffed, that for the next 4 days I eat around 2500 calories or less.....no appetite.
  • MityMax96
    Options

@MityMax96

heh- when I sit down with a t shirt and sweats on- I mostly look a lump of fat.

it's pretty bad what perceptions are when you look at other people who look so amazing 90% of the time.

Mity- MOAR OREOS- you can do it!!!!! (my bother's the same way- tall- lanky- hard to build) But it can be done. I have faith.

OR.

Better yet- just walk around with your shirt off all the time. Problem solved. You're welcome.

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    I think come august it may just turn out to be more oreos......

I do try to do that......go down to the beach all the time....but sadly have to go to work, and they like clothes. :tongue:
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    @mitymax96 - I feel the same way. I am 6'4, lanky and have to eat 3,750 cals on my bulk cycle just to be slightly over maintenance. As soon as I put a shirt on, it looks like I have never been in a gym. So frustrating.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    @mitymax96 - I feel the same way. I am 6'4, lanky and have to eat 3,750 cals on my bulk cycle just to be slightly over maintenance. As soon as I put a shirt on, it looks like I have never been in a gym. So frustrating.

Absolutely depressing at times......
    And then guys who are like 5'7" - 5'9" wonder why we are somewhat envious of their ability to pack on muscle.
    Options
    nice shoulders big man.

All diet brother.

Hmm....I guess.....

Does in my case.
    I take after my mother, and have a small frame....
    tiny wrists.....

And yes, trying to maintain a daily intake of food >3500 is VERY hard for me.
    I can do it for like 2 or 3 days....but then I am so stuffed, that for the next 4 days I eat around 2500 calories or less.....no appetite.

Do you live somewhere warm? White t-shirt? Handy bucket of water? :p