Weekly Challenge #1 - NO BREAD (of any form)

Options
124»

Replies

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    luiggigun wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Giving up an entire food for a short period of time would only serve to frustrate people when they reintegrate it into their diet and regain any losses from that period. In short: Irresponsible & Unreasonable.

Let me explain.. the whole point is to challenge yourself to minimize destructive things to your diet so that in the long run it will be easier to control them.. its a buddy system.. and it is OPTIONAL.. NOT MANDATORY.

Please tell us more about how bread is destructive.

I swear you and everyone else that just loves to complain or justify their actions simply prefer to argue than to challenge yourself. I'm done trying to talk to cowards and trolls. PEACE.

richard-sherman-meme-2-600x600.jpg
  • r0bb068
    r0bb068 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not had bread since January 5th 2015. It was one weakness that I had. Doing this has helped me lose 56lb since then .
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    gaylefabre wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    #bread #is #not #destructive

For some people bread, and most forms of carbohydrates, are very destructive to dieting. I see my weight drop consistently on a daily basis, however the days I include any more that one slice of wholemeal bread my weight increases. For me there is a direct connection to the amount of carb I eat and how much weight I loose.

No Bread! That's a must, for me.

It's water weight from the bread. It's not fat and it's not a bad thing.

I have eaten identical meals for 3 days straight and lost 200gms each day. On day 4 I add 1 tortilla and an extra hour of cardio and increase by 300gms.

Please explain how this is 'water weight from bread'.

[/
    jgnatca wrote: »
    #bread #is #not #destructive

For some people bread, and most forms of carbohydrates, are very destructive to dieting. I see my weight drop consistently on a daily basis, however the days I include any more that one slice of wholemeal bread my weight increases. For me there is a direct connection to the amount of carb I eat and how much weight I loose.

No Bread! That's a must, for me.

It's water weight from the bread. It's not fat and it's not a bad thing.

I have eaten identical meals for 3 days straight and lost 200gms each day. On day 4 I add 1 tortilla and an extra hour of cardio and increase by 300gms.

Please explain how this is 'water weight from bread'.
    How much did you gain? 300 grams? That's what, a little over half a pound? Yes, that could be water weight from the bread, or any one of the normal weight fluctuations that the human body incurs on a regular basis... did the 300g stay, or did it go away?

Extra carbs so extra water.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Carbs bond with water (3g of water per 1g of carbs, I think) so that our body can use them for energy. Did you know that glucose (a carb) is a component of our blood? *The More You Know (rainbow)*

There is no reason to cut out carbs (or sugars... or any type of food) as long as you can control your portions. If I can fit some delicious gooey white bread into my diary, I will eat it! Today, I'm having some chocolates instead, though. I've occasionally eaten a "nothing" sandwich (it's just two pieces of white bread). Delicious! And I'm still losing weight/fat!

If you have no medical reason to do so, eliminating a certain food or a food group is unnecessary.

If it's a trigger food (leaves you just feeling hungrier for more, therefore leading you into a downward spiral), then temporarily eliminate it and slowly reintroduce it once you can exercise moderation with said food item.

My motto: Moderation, variation, and no unnecessary elimination!
  • karmalovesbananas
    karmalovesbananas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto, I think this should be an easy challenge for me lmao.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Giving up an entire food for a short period of time would only serve to frustrate people when they reintegrate it into their diet and regain any losses from that period. In short: Irresponsible & Unreasonable.

Let me explain.. the whole point is to challenge yourself to minimize destructive things to your diet so that in the long run it will be easier to control them.. its a buddy system.. and it is OPTIONAL.. NOT MANDATORY.

I swear you and everyone else that just loves to complain or justify their actions simply prefer to argue than to challenge yourself. I'm done trying to talk to cowards and trolls. PEACE.

Have a look at some tickers and some blogs and then call people trolls. We're all for doing hard things, but why do UNNECESSARY hard things?

Exactly ^^

I could cut out bread for a week...easily. But why? There isn't anything wrong with bread? Why not cut out chicken for a week?

Instead, I will refrain from eating beets for the rest of my life...because...yuck.

Maybe I'm just not MFP warrior enough...

Am I the only person in the world that actually likes beets? And I'm talking the canned ones... haha

Fresh beets, please! Red, yellow, and polka striped!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving bread. I'm going to bake some tonight. Homemade bread with some butter is delicious!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Have a look at some tickers and some blogs and then call people trolls. We're all for doing hard things, but why do UNNECESSARY hard things?

Exactly ^^

I could cut out bread for a week...easily. But why? There isn't anything wrong with bread? Why not cut out chicken for a week?

Instead, I will refrain from eating beets for the rest of my life...because...yuck.

Maybe I'm just not MFP warrior enough...

Am I the only person in the world that actually likes beets? And I'm talking the canned ones... haha

Fresh beets, please! Red, yellow, and polka striped!

I love beets! Roasted and tossed with baby spinach and goats cheese and drizzled with balsamic reduction om nom. Or straight out if the can is good too. Or beetroot skordalia.
  • lynnefaires
    lynnefaires Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bread is actually not a great choice when trying to lose weight. It spikes insulin and one slice is equal to eating two tablespoons of sugar ( I am sure you are not downing a butt load of sugar with your morning breakfast for weight loss). I do not eat processed or refined grains... so my one week is done ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    bread is actually not a great choice when trying to lose weight. It spikes insulin and one slice is equal to eating two tablespoons of sugar ( I am sure you are not downing a butt load of sugar with your morning breakfast for weight loss). I do not eat processed or refined grains... so my one week is done ;)

Which, unless you're Diabetic, or perhaps hypoglycemic, isn't really a problem.

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Well, I do basically have coffee with sugar in it for breakfast so... Kinda. And I've lost 50 lbs so far.

But I suppose, I could give an actual serious response. Maybe.

If someone wants to challenge themselves and they find not consuming a type of item for a single week fits the bill, then go them. Some random people might join but many won't have the same idea of good goals or challenges.

I did go more than a week without bread, it's called low budget for food and just didn't buy any. But not really something I do on purpose. Only thing I limit is dairy and that's for allergy reasons. Each their own though. For me, I prefer to challenge myself to do things like get enough protein every day, instead of can I cut out candy (I had sour patch kids today, mmm).

In the forums, people respond how they please. *shrugs* I could post a rawr weight lifting! challenge thread. There might be cat gifs in response, including some mockery. It's the internet, just enjoy. :wink:

(Note: I won't but if someone does, I'd enjoy it. I still don't know how to find and post the fun gifs and images on the forums.)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,221 MFP Moderator
    Options
    883065_thread_closed_gif73902cfe9ba3e72a5a24405ad108a10e

Because:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

At our discretion, this closed thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Regards,
    davis_em
This discussion has been closed.