Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    When the guy behind the counter swears it's gluten free....and it's not....Second time in less than a week! I'm done eating at restaurants!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    brewingPHX wrote: »
    Pineapple on pizza. That is just f*cked up.

I kinda love pineapple on pizza adds a nice sweetness. Corn too is AMAZING!

I was with you until corn. Wat?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    When the guy behind the counter swears it's gluten free....and it's not....Second time in less than a week! I'm done eating at restaurants!

oh no you have a gluten allergy? That sucks they lied or didn't know
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options

Here's a trick to ensure that I don't get lettuce on my food at restaurants:

"Are you sure there's no lettuce? I am extremely allergic to lettuce, and if there is any in my food I could die."

When you put it in really grave terms like that, they usually make sure. Try it with gluten.

I'm not allergic to lettuce btw, I just don't like the crappy iceberg lettuce they always use at restaurants.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

"Are you sure there's no lettuce? I am extremely allergic to lettuce, and if there is any in my food I could die."

When you put it in really grave terms like that, they usually make sure. Try it with gluten.

I'm not allergic to lettuce btw, I just don't like the crappy iceberg lettuce they always use at restaurants.

?
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

I actually am allergic, but at this point it won't kill me. Just make me break into a rash that will last for three days, and gave me stomach cramps within 6 minutes of starting to eat...which is great, when you can't find the bathroom. But thanx for the advice.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

oh no you have a gluten allergy? That sucks they lied or didn't know

It effing SUCKS Synch...took years to figure out, thought it was IBF for a few of them...two years ago diagnosed with celiac, and it all finally made sense. Unfortunately, the only time I can really control what goes in is when I make it myself, and we were out Christmas shopping. This little pop-up restaurant called Freshii's, have you tried it? I asked the guy, then also asked him about the counts for the steak, we won't go into what his answer was...lol
  • synchkat
    Options
    I have a soy sensitivity and I got a salad once and asked for it without edamame on it...hubs made this big deal that I can't eat that and the waitress was really careful and checked. I was so embarrassed because it only makes my itchy but at least they were super careful
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    when the people at Starbucks don't believe that my name is Waldo, and give me that inquisitive look~

When they ask my name, I tell them, "Megatron" and then scowl and stare crazily at them. It's so cool when they call out "Megatron"...
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I have a soy sensitivity and I got a salad once and asked for it without edamame on it...hubs made this big deal that I can't eat that and the waitress was really careful and checked. I was so embarrassed because it only makes my itchy but at least they were super careful

OO I feel for you, It is embarrassing, I understand completely...and there's nothing like getting a "little itch" that leaves you looking like you have fleas for two days... :(
    My Little Kodi Rose tells waitresses that Gramma is "allergic to flowers"...lol. I try to tell her no worries, I got it figured out, but she's a worrier, honey is too. I wouldn't care if it were just something I didn't like, like say mushrooms...but allergies are very different.
  • synchkat
    Options

OO I feel for you, It is embarrassing, I understand completely...and there's nothing like getting a "little itch" that leaves you looking like you have fleas for two days... :(
    My Little Kodi Rose tells waitresses that Gramma is "allergic to flowers"...lol. I try to tell her no worries, I got it figured out, but she's a worrier, honey is too. I wouldn't care if it were just something I didn't like, like say mushrooms...but allergies are very different.

Oh yes it's so random and frustrating because people don't realize that even if it's not life threatening it's still uncomfortable but not uncomfortable enough to make a big deal about. I often will notice a few days later that I've had something and then just eat really cleanly for a few and I'm good
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I have a shellfish allergy, @JustMissTracy so I know how you feel! What really enrages me is when my MOTHER serves SHRIMP (which can kill me) at a family dinner I'm attending.

@OneHundredToLose - We will never get rid of the crazy/lazy graphic designer. He's going to outlast all of us. We work for the state! In fact, my boss and I are both quitting in January for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the nightmare that is managing/working with him.

Other work-related sources of rage: Constant mother-freaking Contact.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I have a shellfish allergy, @JustMissTracy so I know how you feel! What really enrages me is when my MOTHER serves SHRIMP (which can kill me) at a family dinner I'm attending.

@OneHundredToLose - We will never get rid of the crazy/lazy graphic designer. He's going to outlast all of us. We work for the state! In fact, my boss and I are both quitting in January for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the nightmare that is managing/working with him.

Other work-related sources of rage: Constant mother-freaking Contact.

Heh, Constant Contact is one of my chief reasons for loving being in charge of my department. Now I get to delegate that to someone else. I hate Constant Contact - and email marketing in general - with a passion.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    spiders and their webs

Arghhh. I hate spiders. I have to bomb my garage for black widows.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    When people call you "dude" ... ;) When clearly you have nothing that hangs, swings and stands to attention between your legs. :flushed:
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    When a waitress calls me honey even though I am 30 years her senior!
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    oberon0124 wrote: »
    When a waitress calls me honey even though I am 30 years her senior!

But I can call you "sweetheart", right! :wink: