Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The way they lace tennis shoes at the factory. I am not anti-fashion, but I am pro-functionality. Loosening and tightening my laces shouldn't be a frickin' workout.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    When they don't have ginger ale at the gas station store, so I have to make another stop
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    When you cut your pinky nail too short and just can't reach that annoying booger
  • amser1
    amser1 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When people text back " k "
  • blytheanne78
    blytheanne78 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When u pour a bowl of cereal then realize your out of milk!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    The selfie thread is still up there for me.
  • amser1
    amser1 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When people bite their silverware and you hear the clanging teeth....
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LOUD CELL PHONE TALKERS in coffee shops or anywhere.

tumblr_inline_mrkznrtwMn1qz4rgp.gif
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The glazed over, dead inside delivery of the phrase, "Have a good one" greeting at the drive through window or checkout line when really it means "Here's your *kitten* - get out of my face already and I really care less if you have a good one. In fact I cannot even bother to say have a nice day or night or morning because then I would have to notice what time it was and what's the point when have a good ONE covers it all?"

I guess it's the trendy and laziest way for the Millenial worker to politely dismiss the customer. It drives me nuts! That's all - my can of crazy has now been opened and I'm shutting it now.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    The glazed over, dead inside delivery of the phrase, "Have a good one" greeting at the drive through window or checkout line when really it means "Here's your *kitten* - get out of my face already and I really care less if you have a good one. In fact I cannot even bother to say have a nice day or night or morning because then I would have to notice what time it was and what's the point when have a good ONE covers it all?"

I guess it's the trendy and laziest way for the Millenial worker to politely dismiss the customer. It drives me nuts! That's all - my can of crazy has now been opened and I'm shutting it now.

Don't shut down the crazy. This was an excellent post.
  • piggysmalls333
    Options
    @Peter_Brady LOL omg don't get me started! Thanks for appreciating my kind of crazy
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options

trust me sweetie, retail workers dont wanna deal with your BS words either.

the whole world doesn't revolve around you.

you are not the only person in said world.

retail slaves need to get YOU outta the way before the rest of the line starts complaining about the wait being TOO long.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options

retail slaves need to get YOU outta the way before the rest of the line starts complaining about the wait being TOO long.

If you can't master the practice of common courtesy, you don't belong in retail
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options

its a two-way street, man.
    a long, bumpy two-way street.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options

its a two-way street, man.
    a long, bumpy two-way street.

No where in her post did she suggest she wasn't polite to these workers.

I always say thank you and have a nice day to people working retail and fast food. And I feel the same as she does when they have a disingenuous response.
  • piggysmalls333
    Options
    I've worked behind the counter and as a waitress for years and I know how hard it is to deal with the public, believe me! I always try to be pleasant to service employees due to this exact reason. But I thought this was a thread to be irrationally angry at something!? It's just that phrase and the way it's said that puts me over the edge.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    @piggysmalls333

I worked jobs dealing with the public as well. Yes, there were definitely customers I would have loved to say F off to. However, for the most part I found that if I was kind it was returned. Also back then, management didn't put up with employees that didn't have manners.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    Beyonce

Yeah, I am sure I am in the minority with this one, but I would be perfectly happy if she fell off the face of the earth. Sorry, not sorry.
  • piggysmalls333
    Options
    @Peter_Brady my husband is a bodyguard and I could rattle off a whole list of those types who make Beyoncé seem like an Angel lol. I know exactly what you mean. Everyone deserves to be treated in a respectful way - both customer and employees alike.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    When you're in a good pace and your laces become undone